PDA

View Full Version : Software Testers

BridgeLL
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I've always been interested in software development, my step-father wrote code when DOS was the new kid in town :) He designed software for tree nurseries to keep track of their inventory, it's weird to see how far computers have come from the commodore64 we used to play with as kids. Anyway, I saw this article discussing some perks for software testers jobs (http://www.jobs.net/Article/CB-58-Talent-Network-IT-A-Close-Look-9-Facts-About-Software-Testers/), which seem absolutely awesome to me.

So I have to ask: are these perks serious? Is it really that easy to get hired as a software tester? It can't be! *Sigh* I sound like an infomercial, but it seems odd to me that there are so many perks associated with this job, it appears to be exceptionally easy to get into, and it has excellent promised growth in the industry... All great things... But would I get outdated? How much do you have to keep up on the new market developments?

Any and all responses would be appreciated!

web-project
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
sorry, in UK majority times any ads on jobs websites - the company is trying to get personal info to resell it, this is a reason I don't trust any jobs websites.

webspekers
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes, There are so many software companies are developing easily, There is no chance to develop ourselves.

luciferstek
10-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I've always been interested in software development, my step-father wrote code when DOS was the new kid in town :) He designed software for tree nurseries to keep track of their inventory, it's weird to see how far computers have come from the commodore64 we used to play with as kids. Anyway, I saw this article discussing some perks for software testers jobs (http://www.jobs.net/Article/CB-58-Talent-Network-IT-A-Close-Look-9-Facts-About-Software-Testers/), which seem absolutely awesome to me.

So I have to ask: are these perks serious? Is it really that easy to get hired as a software tester? It can't be! *Sigh* I sound like an infomercial, but it seems odd to me that there are so many perks associated with this job, it appears to be exceptionally easy to get into, and it has excellent promised growth in the industry... All great things... But would I get outdated? How much do you have to keep up on the new market developments?

Any and all responses would be appreciated!

Capability to evolve and desire to understand is one of the most important features of a excellent software tester. He must have an included trend to be continuing learners and have commitment in improving and creating their abilities.