PDA

View Full Version : change the DNS?

zoomyat
04-05-2007, 02:50 AM
how can i change the DNS of my domain name? i registered it with 1planhost and now i changed my mind.
i want to move to another hosting server. but i want my domain name!

anyone can help me to change my DNS ? so my website can open using the another hosting server?

zoomyat
04-05-2007, 03:29 AM
i didn't know how to check it

my domain name is ....

zoomyat
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
i found that 1planhost is dealing with secureserver.net.. so i contact them and told them that i need to own my domain instead of 1planhost.

they sent me email :
---------
Thank you for contacting Online Support. If you are unable to access your domains, and the email address listed for the account is invalid, please use the following steps to submit a request to have your domains moved to a new account in our system, where you can access them.

A form is available at https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/change/ChangeRequest.asp?prog_id=webweaverinternetservice s that will need to be filled out and signed by the current registrant of the domain. In addition to this form we will need a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport for the current registrant and/or requestor of this request. If a company name is listed on the domain we will need a copy of one of the following documents to serve as consent from the company:

A copy of business license
Tax certificate (the number alone is not acceptable)
"Doing Business As" documentation
Fictitious Name documentation

We will then verify that the fax is readable with all of the correct information and will follow up with you by e-mail.

Please understand this is done to ensure that no unauthorized changes are made to our customers' accounts; these procedures are in place for your protection. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Faxes should be sent to the attention of "Change" at the following number:

Fax Number.................................. 480-624-2547

You may also scan the requested documents and email them to us at: change@secureserver.net

For further information or questions on this issue, you may contact change@secureserver.net directly.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Stan P.
Online Support Technician

---------

i just faxed the documents and emailed it to them also... and i'll see what will happen..
i hope this will solve my issue :(

zoomyat
04-09-2007, 07:20 AM
:(
they didn't agree tp transfer the domain for me...
thay are saying that the owner is not me !! because i wrote in the company field my house name !! they want to ID of it... i told them it is not a company it is my house !!
what should i do now????

commentero
08-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello have you figured out how to do it yet? I am also running into the same problem lately but got a smooth way on how to do it. First you must inform the company where you hosted the site and once they are aware they will change something on your IP Block so you will be back in the mode where it will scan for similar domains before applying it. This is something that only they have access and I find this very disappointing because you cannot change any changes with the DNS in jiffy.

choosehottubsdirect reviews (http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1726087_Choosehottubsdirect_com_review. htm)
Ecommerce Conversions (http://ezinearticles.com/?Average-Ecommerce-Conversion-Rates&id=2725445)

tommyS
08-31-2010, 05:58 AM
First you should contact 1planhost that you want to transfer domain name. It goes like this:
- currently they are the owner of your domain
- if they care about ethical practices they should be willing to transfer domain to you
- open account at some of the domain registrars like godaddy, namecheap, name.com or some other
- ask them to transfer domain to your account, and then you will be able to change dns whenever you like
- if the domain is younger than 60 days it might be impossible to change the owner (depending on a chosen tld, i think)

That's why it is always better to register your domain separately (directly at registrar like namecheap) and from hosting company buy just hosting not domain name.

jeffrojas2010
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
how can i change the DNS of my domain name? i registered it with 1planhost and now i changed my mind.
i want to move to another hosting server. but i want my domain name!

anyone can help me to change my DNS ? so my website can open using the another hosting server?

Did you program the site yourself or use a visual webpage editor? If you hard coded all your links without a template, then your going to have to edit every single link by hand. It sounds like your links are hard coded.

You said you changed the new DNS to the old DNS? Your DNS should reflect your host server, and you need to set it up correctly on your host server as well so it knows to point to the correct domain name.

Mike Hussy
09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
The consensus is that firefox is safer as it maintained by a very large user community and as such any security fixes are dealt with much quicker than they are by microsoft with its Internet Explorer package.

What they are referring to is that fact that there are more reported security issues with firefox as opposed to ie however that isn't nearly as important as with how the issues are dealt.

If they are dealt with quickly then there is very little potential problems to user whereas a long gap in security fix releases means that the people using the exploit have much more time in which to gain access to your computer and thus wreak havock.

HostEase
09-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Contact the customer service of 1planhost and tell you want to transfer your domain,

rfwilliams777
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
First, set up an account with Go Daddy or Network Solutions. Second, request a transfer of the domain (be sure you keep your present DNS configuration to avoid down time). Then find a reputable host that lets you keep ownership of your domain (I can think of one specifically), move your site (hopefully you are not tethered to their CMS), and then bid your old host a goodbye.

Wireless Refill
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Hmm
you all are giving nice information nice very nice.

HenryWilson
06-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I agree with you.

Amora
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
To change the DNS just go to your CP at your domain seller's site and change the settings.

carrhall
08-08-2011, 03:12 AM
not have the same tp move the domain to me ...

thay say that the owner is not me! because I wrote with my name on the house! ID you want ... I told them that this is not a business, is my house!

What do I do now?

riya189
09-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Contact your hosting company. They may help you.

jesicawillss
11-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Its a great information Zoomyat. Great discussion here on great topic.

seoinheritx
11-28-2011, 05:34 AM
It is really great topic for the discussion and provide the good response.It is really nice post.

---------------
iPhone Application Development ( http://www.inheritx.com/mobile-apps-development/iphone-application-development-company.html)

kade
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
thanks Amora for giving good information...

lathermore
12-14-2011, 02:38 AM
Change of DNS means that you are changing your website hosting, by changing DNS server there will be change website hosting and it will effected on search engine page rank and internet browsing services.

samstephan9
01-19-2012, 01:52 AM
I never did that but because of you I have learned a new thing thanks.

marcus lee
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
mike your info is nice,

marcabel633
03-18-2012, 11:55 PM
You can use the next steps to propose a demand to have domains moved to a fresh version in our system if you are not capable to way in domains.

felixward13
04-26-2012, 12:34 AM
When you are unable access your domain, you must follow the guidelines and ask for new domain account for your website. Your request will be considered and necessary action will be taken.

zita
04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
You can also change your DNS information of your domain name by going to OenSRS website.. You can fully control over your domain there.. Also, you can contact your support and ask them to do it.. They will do it for you.

Manov
05-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Try the below link,
http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html

MidGate
05-09-2012, 04:26 AM
You should be Ble to modify your name servers to point your new hosting plan, u don't need to transfer it.
On the panel of the registrar u should have the option to modify them to point your actual hosting plan.
If not u can connect the support and request the change.