PDA

View Full Version : What makes a provider a good provider?

ricmarti
10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi all

I would like to know your opinion about this issue.

- What do you think that makes a good provider?

- Why and how did you choose the ones that you work with?

- You'd prefer to pay more and have a great service or to pay cheap and have a mediocre service?

- Would you prefer ulimited bandwith, more space, more sql, etc?

- Do you prefer live, irc, msn, mail or other type of support? Wich one do you use the most?

- Is there anything that you need - software, etc - that isn't part of most providers?

- Do you belive that Windows will continue to be used, since the control panels for linux are getting really user-friendly? Do you use ASP, PHP, or other?

NS-Icon
10-21-2004, 05:16 PM
There are a number of aspects which should be considered when selecting a hosting provider. Each person will look for different features when making a selection for a host, some of the features could include:

[+] Reliable Uptime - Possible evidence of this.
[+] Reliable Support - Either through the host website, instant messenger or other mediums.
[+] A solid Money back Guarantee

There is plenty which can be added to the above list, it also depends on what you are looking for from a host. There are plenty of online guides which provide tips and ideas as to what to look for in a host which you may find useful. One basic site is: http://www.supernova.net/articles/articles4.html

Choosing the host to work with, well to be honest with you, if they meet the criteria for the above, which is what you feel makes a reliable hosting provider, I would most likely choose to host with them.

I would probably be more than happy paying a little bit more for a hosting package as long as I know the host is stable and reliable. Not all hosts who provide cheap hosting solutions are reliable, its not usually possible to stay reliable if the host makes little or no money to fund their services. In due course these hosts will start to display their weaknesses even if they appear rock solid for now.

I wouldn’t opt for an unlimited solution for a shared hosting package at all, again, costs would be considered in terms of feasibility. Most unlimited packages in my view have some form of overselling involved, for this reason; I intend to stay clear of such hosts.

I prefer Instant Messenger support, simply because I am online 90% of the time and it is far easier to manage. NetspaceOnline.net however does provide MSN, AOL, Yahoo, ICQ and Live Web chat support.

Most good hosting providers will try their best to support you with any application or software package you may need. Some will even go as far as providing you with a little support to install a third-party application which they do not support.

It really depends on the user as to what types of application he/she will require, and then on their current host for permissions to allow it on their servers.

I feel Windows hosting will continue to grow, Linux hosting provides some aspects which are not available to Windows hosting users, and vice versa. For this reason, i feel there will be a demand for both, Linux and Windows hosting solutions.

I hope the above provides a little help.

wisehosting
10-23-2004, 04:10 AM
If you are not technically minded - support should be one that top of your list. Presales queries should be dealt with quickly - why not try and get a trial account so that you can test the support?

dchman
11-04-2004, 07:06 AM
I agreed. Good support is top in the list.

Bad support is why people are switching to another brand and Good support means gaining a new customer from words of mouths.

Jilly
12-01-2004, 06:42 AM
I always go to any hosting that give me the best deal, and the "best deal" doesn't equal chepest....if that is, I would go straigh to Free hosting then. Best deal (in my opinion) would be reasonable price, features, user friendly (in term of their system, order processing, etc), and the most importance thing is customer service. Finding the right hosting is just like getting the right mate to marry my daughter (in real life she bring one for me to approof) ;) I wish they will live together forever, no fighting and feel good to be with... :D

absolut
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
1. Good uptime
2. Good support (less than 3 hours response)
3. Resonable prices (not something like $1 for 50Gb traffic per month, cause this is impossible)

highlighter
01-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I think many people will agree with the list below

1. Reliability
2. Speed
3. Price
4. FREE Technical Support
5. 24/7 Live Support
6. Years in business
7. Number of satisfied customers

DataStreamUSA
01-24-2005, 07:54 AM
I agree with all of you

1. Support
2. Server up time.

highlighter
01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Everybody agrees that uptime, speed and support makes a company good.
But, where do you search for these information for a web host that you are looking forward to host your site on.

Does web hosting directories or hosting quote services help you?
What do you expect from these kind of hosting portals?
Or do you simply believe the reviews made on discussion forums?

rasputinj
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Here is my list

reliability hopefully with a SLA on the network
load not too high on server
support
then a reasonable price.

zita
04-25-2012, 09:16 AM
A web hosting services which provides reliable hosting services for an affordable rate without having any down time that makes a good hosting provider.
Having a good 24/7 professional support makes a good hosting provider.

Manov
04-26-2012, 12:03 AM
When we have good wavelength it leads to good provider.

Greg-Netost
03-12-2014, 08:13 AM
The most important things to look for is quality of service and availability of the host. The other equally important features of a good host that can be consider are security, backup services, server monitoring, spam filtering and 99.9% server uptime guarantee. Good host will provide 24/7 customer support. Will have hosting plans that are flexible that customer can upgrade/downgrade according to his requirements and with add on option available. Hosting plans should include most of the hosting features.

sistonbryan
03-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Maybe if they have a good price and good customer service plus less advertisements.

Neo.Reeves
03-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Well i think the good hosting is that who give you best service with a cheap rate that anyone can afford and their customer support is like 24/7 and their hosting plan is flexible that's make a good hosting provider...

Charles Pic
03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Yes, of course a good support is top in the list. If you have not good support, the rest is not significant.

SWHC
03-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Great questions :)
So, personally:

- a good provider must have an excellent support system with quality tech support, and with excellent speed, uptime and maybe, with daily automated backups

- to choose web hosting I my site (in signature) which evaluate and compare a lot of the most popular, based on recent real user reviews (which is very important), provider's data and social signals.

I'm a happy bluehost customer by 4 years, and I'm still with them because I have never had big problems, and the support (via live chat) is very efficient. In addiction, they offer "unlimited" resources which I found a good solution for my basic needs.

- it depends on the website earnigns and on the starting budget. Obvious, it's better to pay more and have great service, but if you don't have money...

- I prefer everything "unlimited"

- I use always live chat, but it has to works properly. Usually I receive a tech answers in less than 5 minutes!

- I use only Linux...

Hope this helps :)

AnuragSharma
03-25-2014, 01:49 AM
Good support, good up time, good backup system in place, 24/7 Live Support, offers loads of web hosting features including email features, scripting features and more can make a hosting provider a good provider. Choose based on recommendations and experience!

shoponics
05-02-2014, 01:32 AM
According to me some point are most important who indicate good provider

1. Reliability
2. Speed
3. Price
4. FREE Technical Support
5. 24/7 Live Support
6. Years in business
7. Number of satisfied customers

singhabhishek25
05-06-2014, 01:40 AM
We are into web designing as well and so many of our clients ask us to book or refer a good hosting companies for them and while doing so we consider easy to reach support and best price in industry, best price does not mean the cheapest but it means the best price for the service that I am getting.

marks
05-12-2014, 06:15 AM
In my opinion, if your hosting provider offers you-
1) 99.99% uptime guarantee
2) Money back guarantee
3) 24*7 tech support whenever you need via different methods like phone, email and live chat.
4) Email features through which you can create professional email addresses with your business name and provides you anti-spam solution with autoresponser.
5) A user friendly control panel
6) Easy to use Website builder
7) ECommerce tools and software
8) Site statistical tools
9) Security & backup features
10) Unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
Then your hosting provider is the best web hosting provider.

magiccn
05-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I think a good provider of hosting should be contactable when the issue come up, 24 hours service should be considered when purchase hosting.

tanveerhabib
05-17-2014, 01:06 AM
There are a number of aspects which should be considered when selecting a hosting provider. Each person will look for different features when making a selection for a host, some of the features could include:

[+] Reliable Uptime - Possible evidence of this.
[+] Reliable Support - Either through the host website, instant messenger or other mediums.
[+] A solid Money back Guarantee

There is plenty which can be added to the above list, it also depends on what you are looking for from a host. There are plenty of online guides which provide tips and ideas as to what to look for in a host which you may find useful. One basic site is: http://www.supernova.net/articles/articles4.html

Choosing the host to work with, well to be honest with you, if they meet the criteria for the above, which is what you feel makes a reliable hosting provider, I would most likely choose to host with them.

I would probably be more than happy paying a little bit more for a hosting package as long as I know the host is stable and reliable. Not all hosts who provide cheap hosting solutions are reliable, its not usually possible to stay reliable if the host makes little or no money to fund their services. In due course these hosts will start to display their weaknesses even if they appear rock solid for now.

I wouldn’t opt for an unlimited solution for a shared hosting package at all, again, costs would be considered in terms of feasibility. Most unlimited packages in my view have some form of overselling involved, for this reason; I intend to stay clear of such hosts.

I prefer Instant Messenger support, simply because I am online 90% of the time and it is far easier to manage. NetspaceOnline.net however does provide MSN, AOL, Yahoo, ICQ and Live Web chat support.

Most good hosting providers will try their best to support you with any application or software package you may need. Some will even go as far as providing you with a little support to install a third-party application which they do not support.

It really depends on the user as to what types of application he/she will require, and then on their current host for permissions to allow it on their servers.

I feel Windows hosting will continue to grow, Linux hosting provides some aspects which are not available to Windows hosting users, and vice versa. For this reason, i feel there will be a demand for both, Linux and Windows hosting solutions.

I hope the above provides a little help.

your answer is really good and a superb one. Thanks....

Olin Lamanna
05-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Good provider must be credible, provide quality customer service and of course its price must be worthy of its service.

FrederickKopp
08-04-2014, 10:38 AM
A good web hosting provider should have following quality:
Fixed amount of storage and bandwidth per month.
Ability to control files and passwords.
Support for required databases and programming languages.
Ability to install applications designed for a shared hosting environment.
Traffic statistics.
An upgrade path.

bidaddy
05-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Experience

With amendments to IP law along with continuous innovation, intellectual property is increasingly complex to manage and secure. A trusted renewals team should demonstrate proven expertise and an ability to adapt to the changing field, built on experience from working with patent renewals over a long period. Mature processes should be at the heart of a renewals service; but it should also strive to introduce modern software and technology for complete efficiency.