PDA

View Full Version : What is rubbish?---HostGator

drivel
04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
What is rubbish?---HostGator

I buy a HostGator hosting and paid via paypal.
The HostGator sent me mails that includes my order and account infomation.I loged with the username and passwd in the cPanel.So

far,so good.

But trouble came the next.I recived a mail that need me to verify my account!!The term of Service does not include this!!!So I

call them by phone(international) and wait for 10 more minutes with moonlight sonata,and the guy on line said I must send a mail

to sales@hostgator.com attached with my ID photo.

I have to,because provide the services,not me!I sent them my ID photo and with the English comments.

They reply that this unavail!!My god!!

Every customers should be treated equal,why non-USA customers have to verify their account and this do not include your Term of

Service??

OK,you said ID photo unavail,so what avail?They replied the "passport".Jessus,do you think everyone have or even had a passport?

I sent so much mails and only got reply like "Without another form of id we will not be able to activate this account.".

So,that your service!

I got your email that said my order is OK and I paid for the bill,and sent my account info with username and password.But after

one day,you said the account need to verify!So what do you consider of your custmor?A toy which let you tricked on?

I feel I am being tricking by HostGator!

And why do you consider that my account need to be verified?Why USA user do not need to?And where is my HUMAN RIGHTS?

Do you HostGator treat everyone equal?

Shit!HostGator---------rubbish!!!

http://old.sunbotu.com/rubbish.gif

If you are not a American user,don't choose HostGator,or only thing you can get is troubles like river flows!!

alemcherry
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Shall I know which country you are from? Which was the ID that got rejected? There are many hosts sthat have stricter checking for non US clients, primarily due to higher rate of fraud. But IMHO, they must be happy with a scanned copy of the credit card itself. For services like hosting, they can atleast take some risk.

HComm
04-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi,
I am sorry for your problems with HostGator. :eek:

Not all US hosting companies are run like that.
We activate everyone as long as we can verify that the account is paid or at least a subscription is enabled at PayPal.

Many of our clients are from countries outside of the US ( we have many US clients as well..:) )

We make sure that all of our clients are treated with respect, as long as their account is not fraudulent. We do not require any form of ID other than your ability to pay.

If any hacking attempts originated from your account via shell or some other means, we would shut down the account. But as long as you just want to serve web pages, and your payments go through; then there will never never be any problem here.

Bobby
06-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with HostGator.
Think it's high time to change them.

~ServerPoint~
06-12-2008, 04:38 AM
You are not only one that have troubles with Hostgator.com, but they can't be nice for everyone and that doesn't mean that they are bad. They must have thousands of happy customers - beleive me

DionDev
06-16-2008, 01:00 AM
well i'd advise you take your money back if you feel you are having so many problems with them....lots of other hosts out there just dying for your business!

~ServerPoint~
06-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Yes and he will need prove that he did get what he paid for ;)

Hoster
06-24-2008, 03:01 AM
This is not the first time I hear such crap about HostGator! I think it should be avoided... They are too large for the single consumer...

~ServerPoint~
06-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Hoster, I believe that the same reviews must have most of web hosting companies. And they are mostly not true. At the sae time we need to remember and understand that the best key is own experience to buld further relationships through.

johnner69
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I have to say that the majority (90 %) of fraudulent sign ups do come from outside the US. This is my experience as a small host but for me it is SOO obvious when an order is fraudulent that I can tell right away, this would be harder for the larger hosts to determine since they get so many signups, they can't check all the details as thoroughly (ip, address, paypal etc). I think it is a good sign they are checking things out as it shows that hostgator is concerned about the integrity of their servers and network. If they let fradulent orders through, it could seriously harm their business. Now did they go a bit too far on your order? probably.

oh and Hcomm, most of the fraudulent signups i get pay using a stolen paypal account so i would not count on that criteria alone as a sure fire real order.

~ServerPoint~
08-05-2008, 02:46 AM
johnner69, you are right. But they are not fraud sing ups we are talking about here.

Rand1324
08-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, when I signed up for Host Gator, I had no idea I had to verify my account. This really pissed me off, and I finally managed to get it verified. So far so good, 'till you need to use their support. That was pretty much the last straw. Their verification process needs to be changed and at least get a better support team that's from USA....

robert25
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Hostgator is really a good company better sort it out or you can get refund also..

egenial
08-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Either the OP is very angry about the hostgator, Or he has some other reasons to leave only one discreditable post at the forum... if you understand what I mean...

mister i
08-18-2008, 04:12 AM
if you are not satisfied, you can contact their friendly client support for refund.:)

shakir
09-13-2008, 04:08 PM
This type of payment problem faced from many online transaction.. really its problem... Better use credit card directly ....

~ServerPoint~
09-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Better use credit card directly
In this case you have a risk to lose customer or just do not get. Most of them affraid of scams and will never pay directly only through third party CC processor

pchosting
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I have never had issues with hostgator all i have ever heard is good things.