PDA

View Full Version : some basic link building techniques

sharmilabanu
12-19-2012, 01:26 AM
A website can be easily built but making it popular and getting traffic is really so difficult. There are some basic seo techniques like keywords, webmaster tools, analytics, blogging, link building techniques, forums, social networking, etc. are present to get traffic to a site.

sea queen
12-19-2012, 04:44 AM
According to my experience forums and biog commenting is best way to get more back-links.

jenny123
12-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Basic link building techniques are directories submissions, social bookmarking, article submissions, press release, web 2.0 submissions and forum postings.

adsystem
12-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Yes all members are gives good views about link building.I suggest do link building with relevancy and quality.Now only relevant and quality back links generates results for a website.

AntiDDoS
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Great topic! Link building can be an arduous process - especially of your site is brand new and you are not heavily involved in your industry. Think of quality link building as a popularity contest; in order to rise to the top you need to have quality 'backlinks' from popular sites. Anyone can post forum comments and submit links at social bookmarking sites. That's not to say that these links are not important - they're are one component to a diversified link portfolio. Creating great content, or 'linkbait', is an effective technique in acquiring links.

Social media and search engine optimization should be looked at as part of the same strategy. You need to produce good content and use social media to get your message out. This is definitely where you need to think long and hard about a good strategy. You'll want to submit your company to vertical search engines/directories, establish a presence in the popular forums, and build out your social media network by following and networking with people in your industry. You'll also want to build relationships with non-competing businesses that serve the same customers. For example, as a hosting company, it's wise to partner with web designers, SEO companies, etc. Build a powerful referral network and this will help funnel sales your way.

Now comes the link building. You want to discover people and websites that blog about your niche. Create a list of these sites and start contacting them about submitting a guest post. This is where you (hopefully) begin acquiring links from high PR blogs. You also build your credibility. If you don't know how to create good content, you need to find someone that can because you won't get top notch links without 1) a reputation and/or 2) great content.

To sum it up, pursue links from the following (and take a balanced approach:
-Forum signatures (dofollow)
-Comments on blogs (dofollow)
-Create articles on Tumblr, Blogger, Squidoo, Typepad, WordPress, etc
-Press release submission sites (PRWeb is the most popular but pricey. If you have a good news story - do it.)
-Guest posting and submitting articles at other blogs in your niche. Google 'guest posting' or 'inurl: write for us'
-Social bookmarking sites (dofollow)
-Ask your customers to link to you

The list goes on. The point is there is no 'right way' to link building. It's definitely and experimental process. You need to start contacting people. Brainstorm ideas. Hop on Google and do research. Compile a list of sites you want your link. Then, start contacting people. It helps to have a tool like SEOmoz or similar so you can just dig into your competitor's site and see where they are getting their links from... and I'm sure you can figure out what to do from there. ;)

I'd add more, but I have to get back to adding links!

gwenherrick
12-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Blog Commenting is the best way to build links, regardless of the nofollow, you will be capable of making friends with the blogs you comment on most. Networking on the web is the way of viral link building.

Comment and participate on blogs within your niche
Email them, LINK to them, they’ll reciprocate through time.
Use social bookmarking and trending sites to discover related topics and expand your groups, forums and blog search further

weareguns
12-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I am interested in starting a Webfire Users Group. I am looking for up to 5 investors to contribute $50 each for a one year subscription to Webfire, the ultimate traffic building software. The link is http://webfire.com. Webfire is a really powerful web based program. Please let me know if you are interested.
weareguns

Great topic! Link building can be an arduous process - especially of your site is brand new and you are not heavily involved in your industry. Think of quality link building as a popularity contest; in order to rise to the top you need to have quality 'backlinks' from popular sites. Anyone can post forum comments and submit links at social bookmarking sites. That's not to say that these links are not important - they're are one component to a diversified link portfolio. Creating great content, or 'linkbait', is an effective technique in acquiring links.

Social media and search engine optimization should be looked at as part of the same strategy. You need to produce good content and use social media to get your message out. This is definitely where you need to think long and hard about a good strategy. You'll want to submit your company to vertical search engines/directories, establish a presence in the popular forums, and build out your social media network by following and networking with people in your industry. You'll also want to build relationships with non-competing businesses that serve the same customers. For example, as a hosting company, it's wise to partner with web designers, SEO companies, etc. Build a powerful referral network and this will help funnel sales your way.

Now comes the link building. You want to discover people and websites that blog about your niche. Create a list of these sites and start contacting them about submitting a guest post. This is where you (hopefully) begin acquiring links from high PR blogs. You also build your credibility. If you don't know how to create good content, you need to find someone that can because you won't get top notch links without 1) a reputation and/or 2) great content.

To sum it up, pursue links from the following (and take a balanced approach:
-Forum signatures (dofollow)
-Comments on blogs (dofollow)
-Create articles on Tumblr, Blogger, Squidoo, Typepad, WordPress, etc
-Press release submission sites (PRWeb is the most popular but pricey. If you have a good news story - do it.)
-Guest posting and submitting articles at other blogs in your niche. Google 'guest posting' or 'inurl: write for us'
-Social bookmarking sites (dofollow)
-Ask your customers to link to you

The list goes on. The point is there is no 'right way' to link building. It's definitely and experimental process. You need to start contacting people. Brainstorm ideas. Hop on Google and do research. Compile a list of sites you want your link. Then, start contacting people. It helps to have a tool like SEOmoz or similar so you can just dig into your competitor's site and see where they are getting their links from... and I'm sure you can figure out what to do from there. ;)

I'd add more, but I have to get back to adding links!

NancySherrick
12-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Do Article Submissions, possibly even get article submitters to do the article submissions for you — There IS the Article Submitter software, but it is a pain, considering the tediousness of the program…Just build great articles and send them out to the article submission land list

blessy_smith
12-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the great information.