PDA

View Full Version : Modernbill v5 ?

RadixHosting
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Anyone using Modernbill v5? If so, ever used v4? If so, did you regret that you ever upgraded?

I don't like v5, it's full of bugs, it lacks interesting features that even v4 has, it's slow, etc. Really, it's far from finished. Ok Rome wasn't build in one day, but they should have kept it Beta or RC instead of releasing it as a finished product.

Kind of frustrating if you ask me.

egenial
05-07-2007, 05:41 AM
There was a thread (http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=3067) about Modernbill 4/5.

onthespot
06-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I would not suggest using version 5 as its very very slow. We use version 4 and plan on to for sometime.

RadixHosting
06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I would not suggest using version 5 as its very very slow. We use version 4 and plan on to for sometime.

It's been a while since I've used v4 and I can't recall how much I liked it...

Can you tell me, is it a lot faster than v5? Or do you think it should be more optimized too?

KickAssVPS
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I think Modernbill has coined v.5 as the general purpose billing software, where v.4 is geared specifically twards web hosting companies. They are basically two seperate product lines as opposed to v.5 being an upgrade.

I started with v.5 and went back to v.4, for what it's worth.

RadixHosting
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I started with v5, went back to v4, and finally gave up. I'm now using WHMCS.

timihosting.com
10-25-2007, 12:26 AM
It really depends... You absolutely have to get used to the whole new interface they put out. Once that's done with, I think you'll be ok.

However, V4 is faster for the client side to purchase, and checkout. I believe this has to do a lot with the new fancy ajax/web 2.0 looking modernbill trying to show off. However, I like the admin/client interface better with V5 then 4, it's just more clean, less buggy, and more easier for clients to login pay and get out. i guess the presentation of the theme is more presentable then the v4... However, the ordering page, V4 is faster, bulkier... V5, beautiful, too fancy, takes a little time.

RadixHosting
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
It really depends... You absolutely have to get used to the whole new interface they put out. Once that's done with, I think you'll be ok.

However, V4 is faster for the client side to purchase, and checkout. I believe this has to do a lot with the new fancy ajax/web 2.0 looking modernbill trying to show off. However, I like the admin/client interface better with V5 then 4, it's just more clean, less buggy, and more easier for clients to login pay and get out. i guess the presentation of the theme is more presentable then the v4... However, the ordering page, V4 is faster, bulkier... V5, beautiful, too fancy, takes a little time.

You also have to get used to the tons of bugs in v5, the slow interface (AJAX should improve performance, not degrade it), and the ridiculously hard way of configuring basic settings (which used to go a lot faster in v4).

Dimension4
11-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I started with v5, went back to v4, and finally gave up. I'm now using WHMCS.

Exactly what we did. Modernbill V4 was OK, but after serveral tries with V5 we went looking for something workable. WHMCS was found and we haven't looked back since. I works well for dedicated server signups also.

I think you will hear this story repeated over and over...

timihosting.com
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
You also have to get used to the tons of bugs in v5, the slow interface (AJAX should improve performance, not degrade it), and the ridiculously hard way of configuring basic settings (which used to go a lot faster in v4).

Can we get an Amen on this!

FDCHost
11-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I've used Modernbill before but I really didn't like the overall interface

johnstanley
03-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi,
I updated this, working fine with me ....some small issues but i fixed them up

RadixHosting
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Hi,
I updated this, working fine with me ....some small issues but i fixed them up

What about performance? Compared to v4.

andrew
03-31-2008, 12:59 AM
MB was a horrible experience for me. I'm glad I switched over to WHMCS.

MB just got bought out however, so maybe they will turn things around. Right now I'd advise against using either v4 or v5.

~ServerPoint~
03-31-2008, 10:10 AM
andrew, that seems 1 year old thread...

Web Designing
10-24-2008, 01:57 AM
The only mistake they made was releasing an unstable product as stable. Even as of 5.0.3 we can't get it to work, and we've been using v4 for years. I realize that this is a big step forward, and in a few months the product might be usable, but calling an alpha stable so they can make some money is inexcusable.

Anthony Cody
05-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi,
New in ModernBill v5:
Shopping Cart and Widget Ordering System:Use the widget-style shopping cart system to place packages anywhere on your website using php include files or javascript snippets. Widgets link directly to your order form both locally or remotely.
Full Admin and Client Domain Management System:Using the eNom and Register.com modules allow both admins and clients to fully manage their domains utilizing every feature available in the eNom or Register.com control panels.
Advanced Custom Questions:Every business model is unique and requires customizable questions during the order process. The new system allows you to create an unlimited number of custom questions specific to your business needs.
Advanced Email Template System:Create an email template specific to any action in the ModernBill system. You have complete control over the information your customers receive during and after the order process.