PDA

View Full Version : Country Specific Domain

roger dave
12-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Is it beneficial to have country specific domain extension and if yes then why?

JerrickYeoh
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes if your target market is only local .
How country domain extension will benefit your business and website ?
a) with local domain extension , you might gain priority to rank higher in local search engine
b) gain local visitors trust , local people prefer to view and purchase from local compare to foreign countries
c) show local business identity and build strong brand name in local market

abraham26
01-25-2013, 02:35 AM
If you target a specific country is helps to have a domain with that extension.

giffy
01-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Is it beneficial to have country specific domain extension and if yes then why?

Yes, It is beneficial to use country-specific domain name extension. It is a great way to create a global Web presence with a local focus. Advantages of using country specific extensions are:-

1. Speak to a new market. Create a website with content relevant to the country's language and culture.
2. Protect your brand. Register country domain names to prevent unauthorized use of your trademarks, brands, and licensed names.

I myself using .us extension registered from Thewebpole.com (http://www.thewebpole.com/).

partapamit
02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
If you target a specific country is helps to have a domain with that extension.
i completely agree with you .

begumnoor
01-31-2019, 03:36 AM
What is a Country-Code Domain? ... A country-code TLD (ccTLD) is a domain name signaling that content relates to a certain country. For example a ".au" site is for Australia and ".de" is for Germany. The opposite of a ccTLD is a generic TLD (gTLD).

dombowkett
02-06-2019, 10:17 AM
I recommend you to choose .com domain extension for your website, for any country.

aquawebsite
05-24-2019, 05:01 PM
In some Senairo Specfic Domain are the represent of Specific Industry.

jerryperes
02-10-2020, 01:49 AM
A country code top-level domain (ccTLD) is an Internet top-level domain generally used or reserved for a country, sovereign state, or dependent territory identified with a country code. All ASCII ccTLD identifiers are two letters long, and all two-letter top-level domains are ccTLDs.

Rainjoy
03-19-2020, 01:06 PM
Country specific domains are useful if you target a regional audience like for a national company.
Or a local vendor of business product.
It is useful when you rely on getting traffic from a particular region or a land.

aelko
03-24-2020, 08:33 AM
Some ccTLDs, such as .co or .io, have an international reputation. In other words, Google equally well indexes .com and .co

Asgard87
08-04-2020, 12:00 PM
ccTLDs are important for branding especially if you are a local business. Say you are a masala vendor based in Mumbai, India, then having a domain name such as xyzmasala.in makes sense because it makes the consumer feel that you are based out of India, you are authentic and the fact that you are a masla vendor from India means you know your business well, since India is known for masalas apart from many other things.

So when it comes to branding your website, a ccTLD plays a huge role as compared to the usual .COMs of the world. I had a client based in India who I got a .IN domain from BigRock in a sweet deal because the products he sold were only made in India and nowhere else in the world. So, yes, it totally makes sense to have a ccTLD.

jesica
05-10-2021, 10:41 AM
yes, it does matter. Country-specific domain extensions are always good for businesses that are targeting local customers – it raises the confidence of your website's visitors, especially when they come from the country of the TLD.

typhil01
05-19-2021, 02:26 AM
yes, it does matter. Country-specific domain extensions are always good for businesses that are targeting local customers – it raises the confidence of your website's visitors, especially when they come from the country of the TLD.

I agree, when choosing a domain should be guided by the country where the business activity will be conducted