PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Problem

NS-Icon
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this issue, we had exchange setup and it was running fine, but problem is I do not want to use IIS to host our websites, I prefer Apache, so I setup Apache on the default port 80 and modified IIS to operate on port 81. This is in Small Business Server, but the problem now is that when I visit http://localhost:81/exchange it does not load exchange but a page not found, I checked under IIS and all the sites are running as should be, what have I missed?

Would really appreciate some feedback,

Regards,

Tahir Ahmed

Alon Cohen
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi Tahir,
I checked with one of our system admins. Short version is that you may want to seperate the services into different boxes (Apache on one box and Exchange & OWA on a second box ). This is what he said:

You really shouldn’t be running two HTTP servers (different products) on the same system. By default ESM is dependent on IIS and I'm not quite sure what happens when you introduce a new web service.

I would HIGHLY recommend not doing this.

Why do you need both Apache and IIS on the same server?

Move OWA to connect only via port 443 (SSL) and you have a much more secure connection.

maxknight
03-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi,

Chances are that most of the scripts or background calls of Exchange will try to communicate over port 80 and not 81.

cammeron12
05-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I think it is a great problem...
Is there any solution for it....
Thanks....

~ServerPoint~
05-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Very old thread is closed now.