PDA

View Full Version : How does u explain domain age?

terrijhon
01-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Guys I have a question for you that what is Domain age and is it really matters for ranking in Google?

theavi
01-15-2013, 04:55 AM
Domain Name Age means how much older the domain is. You can check the domain age by adding some tools in your browser.
search engine optimization is used to increase the domain name authority.

jamsen
01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Domain age refers to the length of time that a website has been registered and active. Domain age conveys trust to website visitors and to the search engines.

blessy_smith
01-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Domain Age is a domain level ranking factor like Domain Trust, Domain Authority, etc. It is also a keyword agnostic ranking factor. Because it is:

a) a domain level ranking factor and
b) keyword agnostic

it helps EVERY URL on your site rank for EVERY keyword phrase.

giffy
01-27-2013, 06:08 AM
Guys I have a question for you that what is Domain age and is it really matters for ranking in Google?

Domain age refers to the length of time that a website has been registered and active. Domain age conveys trust to website visitors and to the search engines.

Domain age can have a positive effect on Page Rank, it is the most important contributing factor. According to me, higher the domain age, higher is the website’s authoritativeness. The logic behind this is that if a domain exists for a long period of time, it must be of high relevance to the web users. So i always prefer getting old domains rather than new domains. Check the age of a domain using its creation and expiration date from whoisxy.com (http://www.whoisxy.com).

Clarence
01-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Two factors are considered in the age of a domain name. First, is the length of time that a domain has been registered. Second, is the age of the website in regards to how long that it has been active, or how long that it has had crawlable content on the web. The search engines factor domain age from the time that the website is first crawled by the search engines and when the first inbound link to the website is noticed.

ackerlee
01-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Domain age plays a very minor role in SEO rankings. Google does count the first crawl date and first link discovery but as long as you are live for a couple of months, it will not play a very important role in determining where you rank. There is a video released by Google where Matt Cutts explains the value of domain age: