PDA

View Full Version : Ending of VPS

cl2
01-08-2004, 05:13 AM
It's now the ending era of VPS because of 2 factors.
1) The price of a dedicated server is lower and lower.
2) The price of VPS software is too high.

VPS will come alive if...
1) it comes standard with Apache or IIS
2) the software becomes very cheap or free

The concept of VPS is good, but it's not popular ;)

Everyday
04-08-2004, 03:29 PM
I can not disagree more :)

We run a lot of VPS's for customers. The difference is in what the customer is looking for, such as...

A $99 to $199 dedicated server is generally unmanaged no matter what the selling host says or implies. Where as a $99 to $199 VPS is generally fully managed, at least with us that is how it is.

The other thing is how the VPS is packaged. We use them as part of a larger package generally. We do get customers who want a stand alone VPS but most go for the complete package.

There is plenty of VPS software available that is free, specifically freevps. The problem is generally the free software is not nearly production ready as say, ensims is.

These are just my observations and thoughts :)

megri
04-13-2004, 06:49 AM
I do not agree with this dedicated server are still costly affair and VPS hosting is cheap and good low cost solution

ServerMicro
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
virtual private servers are not expencive?

JPC-Sabrina
03-08-2012, 02:17 PM
VPS can be a really reasonable solution to hosting. The improved control and the ability to manage your own security setting makes it an affordable and reliable solution for many.

motorola4gatrix
03-09-2012, 11:52 PM
VPS has all the advantages of the dedicated server while dedicated don’t have some of the features that the VPS provides.But the theme is here to explain why VPS is so much cheaper than the dedicated server (http://www.vpswebserver.com/windows-vps/why-windows-vps-hosting-is-cheaper-than-dedicated-servers)? the greatest advantage of the VPS server over the dedicated server is truly its flexibility! You can literally select the quantity that is the level of resources that you need you’re your server to work with, and constantly upgrading or diminishing its parts adapting to the current state of customers/visitors/traffic which you can’t do with dedicated and I the case of lowering the resources the price drops down additionally too.

prohosterz
03-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Vps is good hosting solutions, because a client gets complete control over the operating system, system resources, free to install custom applications, isolated environment, and all of it in reduce price. Where as dedicated server comes with large hosting budget.

SanJoseSEO8
03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Interesting article I have to say.. Simple but yet informative and engaging.. Keep up the very good work!

lilyjin99
03-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I agree with you on that:)

DanielChew
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Not really agree as both of the plan is in different environment and features, you wont get a high end features of VPS from getting a low cost dedicated server nor even you may need to top up/addon alot of features in order for you to get the same spec with VPS therefore those addon price will equal to VPS price too.

bidaddy
05-11-2017, 09:48 PM
I've have been used it before . It's very good

vexpertise
05-13-2017, 02:08 AM
VPS can be a really reasonable solution to hosting. The improved control and the ability to manage your own security setting makes it an affordable and reliable solution for many.