PDA

View Full Version : Remote Access of MS Exchange Server

janani.raman
09-10-2007, 04:40 AM
How can we access the MS Exchange database file remotely? are there any APIs to do this?

Alon Cohen
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
What do you want to do? Create backups remotley?

Assuming that you want to create a backup remotley:
Chances are you will need to either RDP in, or create a script that will save the backup. You should be able to call that script remotley - but I would be very careful of donig anything like that.

Once you access the database files by any other means then the RDP, that means someone else may be able to access them as well.

maxknight
03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Check out the WMI scripts from Microsoft. You will find something which matches your requirement there. Moreover, I will agree with Alon - if you can access the DB without RDP then someone else will also be able to which will breach your security.

hank freid news
06-18-2008, 12:38 AM
I am agree with the user maxknight,So Make sure out the WMI scripts from Microsoft. You will get something which matches your obligation there. if you can right of entry the DB without RDP then someone else will also be able to which will breach your security.

clint999
09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
What do you want to do? Create backups remotley?

Assuming that you want to create a backup remotley:
Chances are you will need to either RDP in, or create a script that will save the backup. You should be able to call that script remotley - but I would be very careful of donig anything like that.

Once you access the database files by any other means then the RDP, that means someone else may be able to access them as well.

~ServerPoint~
11-17-2009, 03:27 AM
The thread is closed