PDA

View Full Version : .com vs .net in SEO?

noahwilson
03-31-2013, 05:13 AM
Hello Gusy,
What is the main difference in .com and .net if I talk about SEO?

Does .com have higher ranking over .net? please share your feedback
Thanks for any reply.

Markyarnell08
03-31-2013, 10:46 PM
The ".com" in URLs means commercial. This means that the sites are made for commercial / business purposes. The ".net" URLs stands for network, which is used by network providers. Both .com and .net are called TLDs (Top Level Domains, which are suffixes of domain names). Google looks for good content and if the site puts too much quality or have a good visitor traffic, it can be considered an authority site. So in reality, it doesn't matter which TLD is used. It's content that matters most in rankings.

Usually ".com" URLs are the most popular to Net surfers. This popularity has gained that TLD more backlinks and user views. But let me reiterate that it's still the site's content matters. For example, Wikipedia has a ".org" TLD but ranks (including its pages) in the number one position in most SERPs. And heavily visited by Net researches than any other Web encyclopedia.

The trick is this: if you want to market your site to the global community, especially if it has a commercial value, go for '.com'. If your site is involved in networking activities, then choose 'net'. The '.net' is the most popular TLD, after '.com'.

kutenguyen
04-01-2013, 03:48 AM
I think in seo isn't important is. com or. net. Web content is important.

tinalou
04-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Very well said Markyarnell08 , In addition it doesn't matter if you have .com or .net, aside from .com is more popular than .net, What really matters is the way you manage your site specially the content. You must have fresh and quality content and market your site using organic link building method. Don't use black hat method.

Roxy
04-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi,

.COM is used for commercial and personal sites.
.NET is usually recommended for companies involved in Internet infrastructure.

alok897
04-12-2013, 02:55 AM
There .com refer to commercial website it mean website develop to promote commercial products and business and .net refer to network .net indicate site has developed for networking. This both are most popular and maximum registered top level domain name extension, ranking of website in search engine is not depend on domain name extension quality of website and backlinks profile decide ranking of particular keywords on search engine.

Markgibson431
04-13-2013, 06:39 AM
don't matter for Google only Quality backlinks and content matters.

juanabsanford
04-14-2013, 01:09 AM
I don't think it has hat much impact with SEO. It's either your site is commercial or network. :)

blessy_smith
06-05-2013, 12:57 AM

binarynpixel
06-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Site suffix not matter in SEO, your website content should be quality and unique content.

johndevis
06-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, don't think it really matters. Website should have good content as google always promotes the sites with good content.

Zora2012
06-07-2013, 12:26 AM
. net (Network) - For the net service provider, web
. com (Communication, commercial) - For every individual objects, companies, services,
Else,

ackerlee
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM
It's very useful information about the domain names for SEO.I think .com is better and it take high priority than .net.

Vamp1re
06-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't think so there is any effect regarding SEO on .com or .net

stefijain
06-07-2013, 06:01 AM
i do not think there are any issues or benefit of .com or .net. just people prefer to buy .com mostly. but when you will do SEO you will see that most of the websites are already ranking with .com and .net. so just matter your work and the quality.

madtteam28
06-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks Mark. Very nice reply. I understand the difference.

josephlimma
06-20-2013, 06:16 AM
".com" is the most common and most recognized domain suffix. It stands for "commercial" and is used by mostly commercial websites.

".net" is for creating a networking site for your company. Since the .NET domain was originally intended for network providers, a large number or business use this extension as a place for their company to network.

unlukyfellow
09-26-2013, 07:42 AM
.com - Represents the word "commercial," and is the most widely used extension in the world.
.net -Represents the word "network," and is most commonly used by Internet service providers, Web-hosting companies or other businesses
According to SEO, .com is the best for SEO because they have good value in SEO and quick flipping in search engines. I had to register my .com domain at XnYnZ.com (http://www.xnynz.com/)

nrvaghela
09-27-2013, 03:01 AM
.com domain is used for Commercial websites while .net is used for network related purpose I mean .net indicate site has developed for networking. But it is not affecting in Search Engine Optimization results much. I would like to say .com domain is more popular than .net but it does not affect in SEO results.

PoolrepairLV
09-27-2013, 03:23 AM
The .com refers to commercial, while .net is called network. The former is used by business/commercial based sites. Websites that do mostly networking online use the latter. But this is not always observed, though it's deemed it should be. Most sites use .com and people are more familiar with .com than the other sub-domain names. That's why it got the highest ranking of the rest.

Theadora
09-27-2013, 05:28 AM
.com has good popularity, it is the most popular extension and it has good benefit in SEO too so the most popular extension in seo is .com I would say. If you are doing seo then you must use .com website and build few links (http://e07.net) and your site would be on first page of Google.com

frivyepi
09-28-2013, 11:01 PM
I will give more preference to .com than .net.

terrijhon
09-30-2013, 01:38 AM
In point view by SEO both are good .com and .net.

rajjnisspra
10-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Both .com and .net is useful domain for the seo to get good search engine ranking.

NicholasCage
12-18-2013, 03:32 AM
.com is the best for search engine optimization.

jamesgage
12-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Seo does not matter to .com OR .Net. Generally .com sites are used for both personal and professionally while .Net used for companies.

smith5
12-18-2013, 09:34 PM
.com - commercial
.net - infrastructure
.org - non-profit
.edu - schools
.info -informational
.biz - small business
.name - personal sites

rajivdevkk
12-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Hi Friend
you have given good question. as we know that .com means commercial and .net means network. I think that .com is better than .net for seo.

rkdolla
12-19-2013, 05:47 AM
I don't think that .com domain extension make much impact in SEO . Now a days in SEO unique contents are the King.

milos87popovic
12-19-2013, 06:33 AM
My vote is for .com domain. I optimize a lot of .com and some .net doman - .com domain is so easy to optimize.

jamialex873
12-19-2013, 08:22 AM
don't matter for Google only Quality backlinks and content matters.

schwa
12-19-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd go with .com when you can and .net is usually my second choice. But there is no difference from an seo standpoint with either .com or .net.

michaelclarke
12-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Both are Important for SEO

limanto
12-20-2013, 07:55 AM
I'd prefer .net if .com is gone. Seriously, there's not much type-in traffic anywhere...if people like your site, they bookmark it.

unlukyfellow
10-11-2014, 12:18 AM
.com is the best for SEO because they have good value in SEO and quick flipping in search engines.To register your domain at low cost visit TuckTail.com (http://www.tucktail.com/domains/search.aspx?ci=1775&prog_id=447401)

john2
10-11-2014, 04:19 AM
.com is good for commercial sites, .net is good for network sites, and .org for organization sites.

nicksavoia
01-09-2021, 07:19 AM
.com is best domain extension for all niche websites, as well as rank it globally.