PDA

View Full Version : Question about 301 Permanent Redirect

jackaden
04-17-2013, 04:14 AM
I want to say that I have an Website A for 6 Month, decided to redirect to a new Domain to Website B with a 301 Redirect, I also let Google know and make it all link redirect to Website B.

After having the new Website B for 5 - 6 Months, I find my older Domain name is better, so now I want to do a 301 Redirect back to Website A again. Problem is since it a Permanent Redirect I heard that it will create an Infinite Loops because browser wills Treat 301 Redirect as Permanent.

So is this true, and there is no possible way to do a 301 Redirect back to my old site anymore? Will it also affect my site SEO? Please advice. Thanks!

JamesWin
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
301 means Moved Permanently, the file has been moved permanently to a new location. This is the preferred method of redirecting for most pages or websites.

brainpulse
04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Nice Discussion, I am also looking for same reply...

I want to say that I have an Website A for 6 Month, decided to redirect to a new Domain to Website B with a 301 Redirect, I also let Google know and make it all link redirect to Website B.

After having the new Website B for 5 - 6 Months, I find my older Domain name is better, so now I want to do a 301 Redirect back to Website A again. Problem is since it a Permanent Redirect I heard that it will create an Infinite Loops because browser wills Treat 301 Redirect as Permanent.

So is this true, and there is no possible way to do a 301 Redirect back to my old site anymore? Will it also affect my site SEO? Please advice. Thanks!

NileLars
04-18-2013, 05:43 AM

301 stands for permanent redirection. but you can try by deleting the 301 redirect code form website A. And add in website B. It certain effect on current ranking but not sure about this.

hearty
04-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Someone Please help Is It Infinite loop If to Do So ?

steveschmidt85
04-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Just delete the previous 301 redirect which will help you to save from loop problem. I still believe that just for domain name changing whole website is not good idea.

blessy_smith
04-19-2013, 03:06 AM
I agree with your answers...

Markgibson431
06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
301 means Moved Permanently, the file has been moved permanently to a new location. This is the preferred method of redirecting for most pages or websites.

Zora2012
06-27-2013, 12:43 AM
A 301 redirect allows visitors and search engines to access a web page after it has been moved. If you have changed the domain name of your web site or changed the file names of pages, then you need to link to the new URLs for visitors and search engine spiders. The 301 permanent redirect is the most search engine-friendly method of redirection to the new URL or page and is the current standard for SEO purposes. Here are instructions on how to code a 301 redirect, depending on your system.

Markgibson431
06-27-2013, 03:27 AM
yes this is the preferred method of redirecting for most pages or websites.

seovikrama2z
06-27-2013, 05:40 AM
I think its a permanent redirection.