PDA

View Full Version : Google Vs Awstats

mwaraitch
11-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Stated with google analytics and find it nice, many areas are better than awstats. Any one who used both for a while and can compare.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Google Analytics is way better than AWSTATS in my opinion.

~ServerPoint~
11-29-2007, 03:48 AM
I think that log analizer software is always much more better then not log based. IMO

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I think that log analizer software is always much more better then not log based. IMO

Actually Google Analytics is quite nice and does all thing most log analyzers do. The only think I hate about it is that it gives even more power to Google :).

Ahmad
12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
There are a whole host of features that a web developer would be interested in that Google Analytics offers. For example you can get screen resolution, number of browsers with java enabled, flash versions installed, connection speed, geographic map overly of visitors (see where they are coming from), and if that isn’t enough there is a real handy export bar.

bob
12-13-2007, 10:33 AM
GA is always better to use for multiple feature & comprehensive data.

~ServerPoint~
12-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Actually Google Analytics is quite nice and does all thing most log analyzers do. The only think I hate about it is that it gives even more power to Google .
It based on the stats from the browsers with jave support.
Maybe they have great interface but at the same time they are not so close to the true as log based ones.

sam
12-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Yep, I would agree with that.

Another point - GA won't be able to provide you live stats.

fcolor
12-19-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi,
I think GA is good because it provides stats you may use for the marketing of a website and Awstats or any similar provides statistics related to the website especially which makes it more useful if you want to know the exact numbers and concrete visitors, with their paths. And it works more globally than GA.
So, you need to use them both :) to have a quality analytics both for your visitors and for your options when it comes to SEO.

Good Luck!

seocontest2008
03-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Google analytics is so good... :)

grimlins
03-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Awstats is ususally included into the package plan and it's very convenient.

jannankhan1101
09-05-2014, 07:25 AM
My choice is to go for awstats as it is included in CPanel web hosting plan and is free, also you will get all details like how much visitors you got, how much data is downloaded, how much bandwidth is used up. Also you will get from which websites you have got traffic, also you will get from which search engine you have got traffic.

So it is a complete package for a website owner to get.

maxi007
09-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Google is always better , becuz search engine is their so better use their tool