PDA

View Full Version : what is VPS and window hosting?

noahwilson
04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Hello Guys,
what is VPS and Window hosting, And what is the different between ? I am no have more knowledge about hosting. so let me help to know about that. so pleases share your reviews and suggestion.
Thanks

GardnerBulkeley
04-27-2013, 02:43 AM
A vps is a server and windows is an OS. You cannot compare these. You can refer here for more information: http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?25020-Virtual-Servers-amp-Its-Advantages&highlight=what+is+virtual+private+server

charcoal
04-29-2013, 04:53 AM
I believe that Aspnix windows VPS plans will be much more reasonable for you
They have network speed test - you will have opportunity to test your speed connectivity.

alok897
04-29-2013, 06:49 AM
VPS is private server that virtually support to host your website and window is hosting.

sleevajackson
05-01-2013, 05:55 AM
VPS hosting is one of the best web hosting, it is working with the virtual private servers. Generally all websites are hosted on the same machine, then also vps allows every website to be totally independent as if each were on its own separate machine. Windows hosting is a service of hosting a website over a windows server, it is simply the software used to run the server.

thewebhostingdi
05-01-2013, 10:45 AM
VPS means Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting bridges the gap between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting.

Windows is type of Operating System.

Nmoudf
05-02-2013, 04:35 AM
VPS is a virtual private server ( this is your own server with individual access) and Windows hosting is a type of shared hosting ( you share the server space with other clients on the server).

josephvijay
05-03-2013, 12:23 AM
VPS hosting is a type of web hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers. Although the websites are hosted on the same physical machine, VPS allows each website to be fully independent as if each were on its own separate machine.
A server needs any operating system as a platform to run. So any type of hosting using Microsoft windows as an operating system is known as windows hosting. The other famous operating system in the hosting field is Linux hosting.
You can get best deals on VPS hosting and windows hosting from tucktail.com at low cost with 24/7 customer support. Good luck mate.

TrijitCorp
05-03-2013, 04:20 AM
VPS hosting is virtual private server where you can host any number of websites you need in a given space and bandwidth.
Windows hosting is just a hosting platform like linux and windows. This you will get in both shared hosting and vps hosting plans.

Corrazon
05-16-2013, 03:54 AM
I suppose you should look for quality hosting solutions from reputable hosts. My suggestion is 7Host.com services. They are proving performance stable servers and low prices.

LenaRobinso
05-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Windows hosting is a type of shared hosting ( you share the server space with other clients on the server).
I have not get this answer can you please elaborate about this so that I can familiar with the hosting stretagy?

demonstar
05-17-2013, 04:51 AM
VPS is a virtual private server;
Window Hosting is web hosting and windows is an OS.

Snoopy
05-22-2013, 05:47 AM
I suggest you to have more reliable options to make a proper choice. As I know Aspnix.com is a reputable company which provides a wide range of IT services in a quality manner. Having deals with them means your hosting is in the professional hands.

Markgibson431
05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
VPS hosting is one of the best web hosting, it is working with the virtual private servers. Generally all websites are hosted on the same machine, then also vps allows every website to be totally independent as if each were on its own separate machine. Windows hosting is a service of hosting a website over a windows server, it is simply the software used to run the server.

brainmagic0
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
A VPS (virtual private server) is a Virtual Machine running in a single system. It allows each website to be fully independent as each were on its own separate machine.

Windows hosting is a service hosting a website in a Microsoft windows server. If the web hosting server doesn’t windows, if you use windows on your PC.

PeanutHosting
05-26-2013, 05:58 AM
I think the OP was asking what is the difference between your standard VPS (OpenVZ based Linux only OS capable) compared to what can host a virtual Windows machine in this case it is an Xen environment that can host both Linux and Windows but Xen generally offers more stability but speed internet wise is not all that great due to the way it handles it's connections to containers.

Markgibson431
05-28-2013, 05:28 AM
VPS hosting is a type of web hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers. Although the websites are hosted on the same physical machine, VPS allows each website to be fully independent as if each were on its own separate machine.

ThatGuy
06-03-2013, 05:11 AM
I find Aspnix.com to be incredibly perfect. I believe this company is flexible and stable enough to satisfy all your specific requirements and keep your web sites always online.

alemcherry
06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Did you try Google. Please search if you have any more silly questions and use the forum for any serious, specific questions that would need expert opinion. Don't want to be harsh, but this doesn't look serious / genuine.

johnmacklen
06-04-2013, 01:00 AM
VPS stands for virtual private server. A VPS is sort of virtual machines running on a single computer which are used by Internet hosting services.
Although a VPS runs in software on the same physical computer as other customers' virtual machines, it is in many respects functionally equivalent to a separate physical computer.
A VPS has the privacy of a separate physical computer, and can be configured to run server software and is customizable as per the customer’s needs.

zita
06-04-2013, 03:12 AM
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting is a flexible, scalable, and economical hosting solution that can fit the needs of almost any kind of website. It’s a perfect solution for those who have outgrown their shared hosting plans but don’t really need to move to a dedicated server.

ChristineRe
06-04-2013, 03:56 AM
VPS hosting is virtual private server where you can host any number of websites you need in a given space and bandwidth.
Windows hosting is just a hosting platform like linux and windows. This you will get in both shared hosting and vps hosting plans.

Quite simple and valuable reply regarding this topics,thanks for this knowledgeable post!!

sahaya raj
06-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Windows VPS is a hosting package where the Os platform used will be Windows this may helpful for clients who wants to have windows related software and scripts on their server

Azzi87
06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
My dear would give you the best suggestion to know what is window hosting and VPS just type in Google.
Different between vps hosting and window hosting.

PoolrepairLV
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
VPS is used to host a website. Window hosting is focused on domains operating under the Microsoft Windows OS.

charlesHosting
06-19-2013, 03:38 AM
A virtual private server (VPS) is one of many virtual machines running on a single computer.They are often used by Internet hosting services. A VPS is dedicated to the individual customer's needs, has the privacy of a separate physical computer, and can be configured to run server software
VPS allows you a customizable environment with the facility of hosting unlimited domains

Windows hosting is a service of hosting a website over a Microsoft Windows Server. The hosting server does not have to be Windows if you use Windows on your PC. It is simpy the software used to run the server. We run powerful 64-Bit CentOS Enterprise Linux servers with the compatibility of windows servers including support for FrontPage, FrontPage Extensions, ASP with the power of Linux and a large array of additional features.
-------------------------

ChristineRe
07-09-2013, 07:12 AM
VPS is kind of server which has different sections and each section acts as it's own server.It is very cheap and more flexibility,functionality than dedicated server.For more information you can go for

ryan001
11-04-2013, 04:49 PM
hello Can say that vpsgurus.com web host is perfect starting month only $1. They have hosted several websites for me and I have no complaints. The pricing plan is good, and the control panel is nice as well. Live chat 24/7 available

Neeraj Shah
01-15-2014, 12:36 AM
VPS Hosting runs its own copy of an operating system that is installed in a virtual machine and then the hosting services are made available to the customers at a decent price. It provides website owners with a seperate email server.It is functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server but the access to virtual server is much more easy and configured. It gives complete control to users with a unique IP address and password to define its control panel functions.

Windows hosting requires frequent hardware upgrades. The scripting language used is ASP, ASP.NET and the database used is MySQL. The ownership cost is high as it requires licencing and oddons that are expensive.

Neo.Reeves
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
VPS is virtual private service and window is a domain operating under the Microsoft windows OS..

virendra
04-14-2014, 07:34 AM
According to me you have more reliable options to make a proper choice. As I know Aspnix.com is a reputable company which provides a wide range of IT services in a quality manner. Having deals with them means your hosting is in the professional hands.

shoponics
04-28-2014, 01:15 AM
I believe that Aspnix windows VPS plans will be much more reasonable for you
They have network speed test - you will have opportunity to test your speed connectivity.

webcreations
06-03-2014, 05:39 AM
VPS hosting gives you more power than traditional hosting. VPS hosting is very affordable hosting and easier to manage than a dedicated server. it is one of several type of web hosting accounts you can choose from your host your website online..

manoharparakh
12-03-2018, 02:34 AM
VPS Hosting is a kind of solution which is available in web hosting industry at very affordable price as comparison to other hosting solution. A VPS Hosting plan includes the best parts of shared hosting and dedicated hosting merged into a single package. The affordability of a shared server hosting and the flexibility of a dedicated server hosting adds life to VPS hosting.

Windows hosting is referred to websites that are hosted through the Windows operating system. Windows hosting is widely known for having powerful end-to-end management, scalability and reliability features, and moreover, it is popular for integrating businesses with the internet. Windows hosting is the service that you should go for if you have a plan of using specific Microsoft applications like Active Server Pages (ASP), and also have a plan of developing your website with Microsoft FrontPage. Related to the database, MS SQL is very much comfortable with any hosting environment, but MS Access database is served only by Windows hosting.

johnmiller445
10-01-2019, 03:05 AM
VPS is the short name for virtual private server, which simulates dedicated server within shared web hosting environment. VPS appears as a combination or more specifically a compensation of shared and dedicated plans. The former is inadequate for medium-sized and fast growing company while the latter is too expensive to afford for most webmasters.

Windows hosting is referred to websites that are hosted through the Windows operating system. Windows hosting is widely known for having powerful end-to-end management, scalability and reliability features, and moreover, it is popular for integrating businesses with the internet. Windows hosting is the service that you should go for if you have a plan of using specific Microsoft applications like Active Server Pages (ASP), and also have a plan of developing your website with Microsoft FrontPage. Related to the database, MS SQL is very much comfortable with any hosting environment, but MS Access database is served only by Windows hosting.

jerryperes
11-05-2019, 12:12 AM
Windows VPS hosting refers to hosting software that uses Windows technology. For many users, especially businesses, Windows VPS (https://easy.gr/el/hosting/vps) offers several advantages