PDA

View Full Version : Is reselling profitable?

khaosan
12-27-2007, 02:15 AM
There seem to be a lot of nresellers. What % make it in terms of generating a worthwile reveue, I wonder?

K

transilvania
12-27-2007, 05:52 AM
There seem to be a lot of nresellers. What % make it in terms of generating a worthwile reveue, I wonder?

K

It depends on the web hosting company itself, for example, HqHost.net offers to pay a commission of 5%-20% for each referred customer that buys HQHost.net services.

IH-Rameen
12-29-2007, 09:22 PM

K

There is no strict percentage.. It all really depends on who you are targetting and the niche you are involved with..

IMO, there is a lot of potential profits in reseller hosting to be made.

~ServerPoint~
01-03-2008, 01:36 AM
I think that it depends on your skills (especially promotional) and only in case end user support from main company.

bermuda
01-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Reselling products on the web, and especially items related to the web hosting and domain registration can really be great and profitable.

But, provided that you also work on your website, so that more and more new customers sign up through your website.

grimlins
01-08-2008, 08:11 AM
To start your business from reselling is a beneficial thing. A right web hosting company must be chosen for that.
ServerPoint.com, for example, has offered shared and dedicated servers for reselling.

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
You are the only one who can tell what is worthwhile for you and what is not.
I started as a reseller and I became "profitable" in just 4 weeks. I mean I was able to pay my reseller account fees, from the money coming in from new customers. Keep in mind that you have to support your customers, and your time costs money.

saint71
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes reselling is still profitable. It takes alot of time and alot of hard work but in the end it pays off. Its better to start of reselling first then move on to vps and dedicated servers.

~ServerPoint~
01-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Anyway reselling is in popular demand and I think that answers all your questions.

alemcherry
03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
If you do something other than just hosting - value added services like web design, programming,. SEO etc. reslling will help you to increase the customer sickiness.

~ServerPoint~
03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
alemcherry - absolutely right here.
And I'm more then sure that most of web masters do that do to that reasons.

SkyNetHosting
03-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Reselling is profitable if you are only considering the cost of your reseller account but most people forget the other costs involved such as help desk and billing software cost, c/c processing including chargeback's etc, hardware and software costs (your PC, laptop, PDA, windows, Photoshop, FTP clients, power etc) and most importantly how much would you value you time?

hostingITrust
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
There is a lot of potential in reselling web hosting and it is particularly good for new companies just starting their business and the cost of start up is very low. However, find a good Reseller Hosting company otherwise you will end up attending to customers more than thinking about ways to grow your business.

clint999
05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes reselling is still profitable. It takes alot of time and alot of hard work but in the end it pays off. Its better to start of reselling first then move on to vps and dedicated servers.

Bobby
05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
And some companies provide dedicated reselling.

govindseo
05-17-2008, 07:58 AM
There is a lot of chance to make money in reselling web hosting and it is good for company as well as client just starting their business and there is a low cost to start up.So feel free when going to started.

thanks
san

felosi
05-18-2008, 03:46 AM
you gotta start somewhere unless you have a lot of risk capital. I started out with a $15 reseller plan for my personal stuff. I ended up selling hosting here and there then grew to a server, then 2 servers, 3 servers and so on.

Now I have over 10 servers and manage about 15, My $15 reseller was only 3 years ago. Im not that big at all but I do this full time now for a living. Which you also have to have lots of time on the net. If you are holding down a full time job it will make it more diffulcult. I was stuck home due to some broken bones so I had plenty of free time.

Time, dedication, ability to learn (google) and some money to get started with is all you need. If you work hard enough you will make it

~ServerPoint~
05-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I think that reselleing it is first of all process of finding customers. And if you are really serious I think that VPS option can be considered.

management
06-08-2008, 04:12 PM
There is no strict percentage.. It all really depends on who you are targetting and the niche you are involved with..

IMO, there is a lot of potential profits in reseller hosting to be made.

Totally agree with you. Depending on your niche the profits will vary.

sojankf
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes it is very profitable when you make a good promotion and give the industry best customer support.

egenial
08-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Guess there is no point having any doubts about that question already...

Hoster
08-16-2008, 03:17 AM
^Are you hosting sites with them? Or that is only part of an affiliate program?

wasp
08-20-2008, 04:53 AM
reselling is only profitable if you are making everything correctly, I mean SEO, Promotion and service quality.

Otherwise, it is just waste of time and funds.

wasseem2
01-03-2009, 08:59 AM
there are still people who can buy 5GB with 800$ so you have to target these people

Oracle
05-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Reselling is a very profitable buisness. Depending on the services and the prices that are being considered when your selling. You can build up a huge database of clients which could bring in some cold hard cash, but you also got to consider when you client list gets to big you have to upgrade every now and then, but that can open more spots for more clients.

So yes Reselling is very profitable.

clint999
06-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Reselling products on the web, and especially items related to the web hosting and domain registration can really be great and profitable.

But, provided that you also work on your website, so that more and more new customers sign up through your website.

Peligino
06-22-2009, 07:42 AM
That could be profitable only if: you are really know your target audience and you know how to reach that there. And if you have good web hosting company you are reselling from. With around clock support and good uptime. That is most important and if you are with such providers like resellerzoom, espinda or hostgator I'm pretty sure to your further sucess you need relay only to your marketing skills.

Wade
08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Reselling by default is a safer option to start with. Most often Marketing Costs are the biggest drainers for resellers.

Profitability depends upon the kind of market you are catering too; your local market; your niche; the kind of percentage you get.

If you really want to determine your own profits then you can look out for a provider who does not give you a percentage; but gives you the services at a base price and allows you to top it up with your own margin. This lets you decide your own profits and margins.

rcrrich
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Are we talking about reseller that is an affiliate or one that is selling plans they have created. Most Host can offer you both ways either your own reseller plan or an affilliate program.

Hosting India
09-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Reseller Hosting is the best starting fir the hosting business. You can earn a good amount of money with this, it depends upon your sales skills and market study. If you are a good seller you can be a good reseller :eek:

charlier
10-29-2009, 11:29 AM
+1 reselling is still profitable. It depends on your ability to market and support that you provide that will tell if you make it.

anna123
11-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Reselling can be profitable, but it is not worth the pain.

HJul
11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I've always been skeptical of becoming a reseller. You get a small discount, but then have to provide support....I don't wanna be tied to a computer 24/7.

WHWmia
11-09-2009, 01:00 AM
yes Bobby ! I agree with you.

Korbman
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
It's only profitable if you're good at it or you know what you're doing...otherwise it seems to be a waste of time. Definitely not the easiest way to make money from websites, but if you put a lot of effort reselling will tend to pay off :p

Has anyone really hit it big through reselling?

sheenashirley
03-27-2010, 08:40 AM
There is a lot of potential in reselling web hosting and it is particularly good for new companies just starting their business and the cost of start up is very low.
Thank you..

joncardial
04-07-2010, 12:42 AM
We see many companies work in Reselling. So one question in my mind
Is reselling profitable ? if yes than how much we earn from it.
Can you please answer my question...

Lyndon
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Don't know anything about this.So can't help you in answering this...

carolyn
09-05-2011, 03:31 AM
There are many hosting providers that offer Windows Reseller Hosting services out there. But before choosing the best, you have to understand all of your reseller plan in detail, what the benefits and services can be obtained if you are in your reseller plan.

clintonR71weir
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM

micahwood589
03-12-2012, 04:39 AM

tysonprice96
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
If reselling is what you are looking forward to as a thing then you must get to know about the internet in detail that will help you make your dream come true.

felixward13
04-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Reselling of server is advantageous because you put a lot of effort and hard work to it and selling it you can earn a little money. After you resell it, you can go for vps server and dedicated server.

prewildlife
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Our Internet Marketing company makes makes decent money from our reseller hosting. We sell it with designs, seo, and ppc services.

shoaib
06-08-2012, 06:59 AM
yes its very profitable i am selling hosting services

Manov
06-12-2012, 01:28 AM
It can be profitable depending on the person reselling it.

williamxaviers
06-20-2012, 06:11 AM
There is no doubt about reselling hosting is the profitable business. It is one of the easiest online business to earn money. Anyone can start reselling hosting business easily. Reseller web hosting includes real cash, and it has solid income model.

smith29
06-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting!!!!!!!! Keep it up...

locke815
06-22-2012, 02:13 AM
With proper planning and proper allocation, yes it can be very profitable business

toussaintamable
06-23-2012, 05:31 AM
I think one of the best ways to start as a reseller is locally. If you can sell a few plans to local businesses you can pay for your reseller account. Obviously once you have your reseller account paid for as you start selling other account they will be profit.

jamsen
10-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Less investment and more profit means reseller hosting.

Reseller hosting is one type of web hosting where the account holder may not be used for bandwidth and disk space they are Open through the Web pages of third-party retailers known to the authority. A distributor to buy the service administrator for the web and sell these services to their customers after the addition of the some of the profit.

SerinaMAhren
03-18-2015, 02:31 AM
Yes, it is profitable, but there is no predefined percentage.

robertmiker
05-27-2015, 01:38 AM
Of-course reselling is profitable.

a2zcrack
06-12-2015, 06:55 AM
That is up to you.

Why? Because you set your prices and decide, no one else.
But yes, it can be profitable depending on the person reselling it.

sanamgupta
06-15-2015, 04:05 AM
yes! if you have knowledgeable people and have lots of idea for reselling business. Then i must say that reselling is profitable.

JPC-Curtis
06-17-2015, 04:20 AM
Of course reselling can be profitable, it all depends on you.

We've been in business since the late 90's and have, as you imagined, seen many of our own resellers grow significantly with us over the years and branch out to operate more independently as well as have seen many fail as well. It's important to manage your expectations and realize that having a reseller account by itself means nothing. Reselling web hosting is not a turnkey operation. It still requires work and business skills to grow into a profitable and successful business and it will not occur over the course of a single night. Those who put in the work and know their target market are the ones who see a profit reselling. ;)

Best of luck to the resellers in this thread. You can certainly turn a profit but it's a saturated and flooded market. It's best to enter it with a proper plan and strategy if you want to succeed.

Confident
07-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Yes, definitely reseller hosting service provider maintenance gets the profit of having the business with the clients.

a2bclassifieds
07-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Yes its very profitable.. if do select re-sellers with good reputation.

rksharma
12-31-2018, 06:47 AM
Dedicated Servers | Reseller Hosting | Shared Hosting | SSL | Domains ... But yes, it can be profitable depending on the person reselling it.

Anand Yadav
01-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Yeah, obviously Reseller Hosting can give you many profits but it again mainly depends on your choices which web host your are choosing, your traffic category and it needs a lot of hard work. At last hard work pays off, don't worry you will be in good profits after sometime.

dombowkett
01-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Yes, if your small consumers pay on time, than you can earn a lot of money. http://krends.com

vedicastrologym
07-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Well it depends, what kind are you selling and how much it goes for. Also, if you go to a store like an outlet for example and find something for cheap, you can potentially make a profit depending on how much it is selling for on let’s say eBay for example.

ThresherHost
07-15-2019, 06:15 PM
It just got a lot harder to make a profit reselling due to the outrageous cPanel license price increases.

kylojoe
10-25-2019, 03:19 AM
In reselling you can resell your old item. You do not have much loss in it because sometimes you get good money in it. For example, if you have taken any of your domains and after some time you want to sell it and if someone wants to buy it with the same name, then they can give you good money.

jesica
12-07-2020, 05:31 AM
A reseller is an individual person or business that buys a product, marks up the price and sells it for a profit.

jerryperes
12-08-2020, 01:04 AM
A benefit to starting a reseller business is that the financial cost is low. You only pay for goods as customers order them through your reseller online shop. Thus, the financial cost for setup is low. Able to Set Your Own Margins: When you become a reseller, you're free to set your own margins.

Stellajones
12-12-2020, 03:35 AM
Able to Set Your Own Margins: When you become a reseller, you're free to set your own margins. Since the cost of goods is low, you can price your products to ensure your reseller business is profitable.

coolhandle
02-06-2023, 02:09 AM
Yes,

Reselling is profitable, but it is dependable for cost.
A CoolHandle Reseller hosting plan gives you complete control over every aspect of your hosting business, from resource allocation to payment methods and what additional services you choose to provide your client's domains, SSL certificates, etc.