PDA

View Full Version : Managed Dedicated or Standar Dedicated ? + Location in Europe

stranger12
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Hello,

I am an expert in website programming however I been using shared server till yet, however I want to switch to dedicated due to very high amount of traffic ( avg of 1500 users online at all times, and 15000 users online together at peak times)

1) I dont have knowledge on how servers are run, so should I go for Dedicated Servers(Standard) or Managed Dedicated Servers. Please also tell me the difference.

2) Pls suggest me someone who is good for the above in countries like Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands or other countries where the Digital Copyright laws are not stringent.

3) My budget is 300 Euros/ Month

Thanks,

Looking forward for reply!!

~ServerPoint~
02-18-2008, 05:31 AM
First of all I have to say that you have nice budget.
And as far as I can catch it the best for you would be go with VPS solution
In your case I think that better to find a companyy offers VPS and dedicated servers as wekll to easy to move .
Good luck

stranger12
02-18-2008, 06:49 AM
First of all I have to say that you have nice budget.
And as far as I can catch it the best for you would be go with VPS solution
In your case I think that better to find a companyy offers VPS and dedicated servers as wekll to easy to move .
Good luck

What'a a VPS ?

ASP-Hosting.ca
02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
If you get dedicated server without management services, you'll have to manage the server yourself. This requres time and knowledge. If you have them both get a deidcated server, otherwise get a fully manged server, in which case the hosting company will take care of server management and security.

Ahmad
02-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Youк budget allows you to get a very decent dedicated hosting deal.