PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine Optimization and IP/Hosting

seoman
04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Hello All,

I would like to know if having a dedicated IP address/hosting has any impact on your search engine rankings ??

Is there any info whether search engines like or ignore dedicated hosted websites with dedicated IP addresses ??

Do let me know your thoughts. :)

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
No, it doesn't. This question has been asked a few times already, and you can find those threads by using the forum search.

seoman
04-08-2008, 03:12 PM
No, it doesn't. This question has been asked a few times already, and you can find those threads by using the forum search.

Thanks for the info. I had foggy idea about this thing, and just wanted to confirm before suggesting changes in web host for one of my client.

~ServerPoint~
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Anyway if you are going to concentrate on SEO - get separate IP for sure. In case with shared IP you might have problems due to the neighbors on that IP ;)

bermuda
04-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Having an static IP address for a single website is recommended and for more than one, it is nice to try having separate web hosting accounts.

But for having good SEO places and in fact search engines rankings, you need having links pointing at your website and the hosting features like IP addresses are not that important.

arslan220
08-28-2009, 12:48 AM
i think dedicated ip gives your site a real boost.

Fireman
10-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Dedicated ip is much better than shared ip... with dedicated ip.. your site traffic always up...

kumar80
10-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Dedicated IP also helpful but you need to do promotional activity to improve search engine rankings.

~ServerPoint~
10-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Dedicated IP also helpful but you need to do promotional activity to improve search engine rankings.

Absolutely
You will never be rank high with your hands down and having dedicated IP

Hosting India
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Dedicated IP will certainly help u in many aspects, one of those is SEO, using shared IP there is a chance of your IP getting banned in many directories , social bookmarking sites. Dedicated IP is advantageous here.

bryansmith
10-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the useful information. I was facing this IP problem from past few times.

webmasterdenavi
10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info.. u r clear my all doubts

chathura
11-27-2009, 02:54 AM
I think search engines not thinks about dedicated IP address/hosting, when they are ranking a web site.

afafasa
11-27-2009, 07:03 AM
In SEO further Search Engine Marketing, could slick purely be a formula? Substantial is manageable to crowd accomplished theories on the subject of search engine marketing and find a fashion that works, since now that is. Prestige search engine optimizations, slick are no secrets. To reach extreme search engine assessing and aggression quality traffic to

HostEase
11-28-2009, 02:08 AM
I assume dedicated IP is better than Shared IP as once your shared IP banned your website will crash,if you use the dedicated IP the situation doesn't appear.

hostmaster
12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
This is always a debating topic, as no one had given any evidences for his wordings if he agrees or if he doed not agree..

mickeyy
01-15-2010, 07:11 AM
I've read innumerable posts about dedicated IP addresses and, as yet, have not seen a definitive answer.
Search Engines are imperfect as their SERPs reflect. What makes them less than perfect are imperfect assumptions.
A substantial imperfect assumption would be one that weighs SERPs ranking in favor of dedicated IP addresses over shared IP addresses. That would favor either technical savvy or funding ability over the content/substance of the website itself - and SEs, at least in theory - are supposed to be about locating quality content. There are many very good websites that are found on shared IP addresses.

Richardson06
01-20-2010, 12:42 AM
The information present in this blog helped me a lot.

SEO is a process which is used to allow any given website to mark in the usual results in search engines. It is procedure that can be used to classify into two phases: on-page optimization and off-page optimization. Websites can be optimized with organic SEO statistics that make your site conforms to all the necessary criteria, thus helping it to gain a better organic search position.

IndiaHosting
01-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Having an static IP address for a single website is recommended and for more than one, it is nice to try having separate web hosting accounts.

But for having good SEO places and in fact search engines rankings, you need having links pointing at your website and the hosting features like IP addresses are not that important.

So basically what is the benefit for SEO to using a Dedicated IP address? And besite the SEO what is the main features to using a Dedicated IP?

Thanks

sanseo
04-19-2010, 05:02 AM
yea

there is so many benefits when we take dedicated IP as seo points. in shared hosting may be ur ip address are match with some another webs and they are doing some spamming techniques on that web or IP etc.............

so i prefers dedicated IP...............

Vernon
04-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Really its true that there are many benefits to host websites from one control panel (WHM) and assign each account it's own different Class C IP address.

llisyspa67
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the useful information. I was facing this IP problem from past few times, and i hope next time it will not happened.

samtha
05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't think if search engines are created in such a manner so as to like or dislike some dedicated hosted websites with dedicated IP addresses. It all depends on your strategy to create effective backlinks that could enable Google to crawl through your site

josaphlewis
07-01-2010, 04:34 AM
I think static IP address should be used for a single website. And if you have more websites, then opt for separate web hosting accounts.

brainpulse
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I assume dedicated IP is better than Shared IP as once your shared IP banned your website will crash,if you use the dedicated IP the situation doesn't appear.

generally that not happen,

No doubt dedicated IP have own benefits.

I suggest Go with reliable host that have a cleared TOC and not allow avoiding cyber protocols on there shared hosting servers. because You and your neighbor have same IP so you may get some penalty of that IP while you not done that task.

daevonking252
07-14-2011, 12:58 AM
But for having beneficial SEO places and in fact search engines rankings, you need having links pointing at your website and the hosting features like IP addresses are not that significant.

twainmark10
07-15-2011, 02:18 AM
Dedicated IP will surely help u in many aspects, one of those is SEO, using shared IP there is a chance of your IP getting banned in many directories ,

dylonmatt85
05-18-2012, 11:53 PM
If you are getting focused on SEO, you must get a separate IP. You might have some difficulties if you are using shared IPs because of the accustomed neighbours on that IP address.

bertpedro957
05-22-2012, 12:28 AM
The internet, just like the real world is full of competitors trying to hog the limelight, and gain maximum exposure. And therefore, the importance of SEO marketing cannot be undermined in today's world.

jakebarton931
06-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Dedicated IP are very much advantageous for several ways and especially in SEO. If you use shared IP, there are certain chances that your site gets banned in various directories and social bookmarking site etc.

rabia
06-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the wonderful information i was also facing that problem but now i solved it...

trentstone508
09-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Anyway, if you want to focus on search engine optimization - independent IP is yes. In the case of shared IP, you might have a problem neighbors IP

marcoclay363
10-19-2012, 01:00 AM
IP is significantly important and can help you as far as the application of SEO is concerned. It is important that you do not share IP, as that can lead to the prospect of banning.

lennonrowen
10-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Dedicated IP is good for the seo, improve the security of the web, reduce the probability of the IP banned, and high performance-price ratio. so it all depends on your choice. for the seo hosting, you shall find a reputable one, otherwise, every hosting provider will promise to you for the seo services.

dombowkett
01-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Yes, dedicated hosting server also a search engine ranking factors - because while Google indexing or customer visit your website should be up.