PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried DraculaHosting.com

timpam
04-25-2008, 04:26 AM
I`m asking this because I intend to get a dedicated server and their prices are very low and i`m thinking if the tech support or something else might not be very good. If anyone has tried them please let me know or if you have other suggestions for cheap servers please let me know. I`m a student and my budget is small.

bob
04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
I heard this name first time. :eek:

alemcherry
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Sounds scary.. I will keep away from them :)
well, to be serious - that is an unheard company. Even some of the links from the home page gives 404 error. It may be risky to go with such a company even though the prices sound very tempting.

bermuda
04-28-2008, 04:31 AM
I have never heard of this company's name before? Are they a newcomer to the web hosting industry?

~ServerPoint~
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Check WHT for their reviews. And they are quite young.. Try to search on their forums as well.

discusshostingadmin
04-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Seeing as you are on the HostSearch Forum wouldn't it make sense to take a look at HostSearch?

WebEdit2

transilvania
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I think if you try, you'll find a lot of reviews on this forum.

clint999
05-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Check WHT for their reviews. And they are quite young.. Try to search on their forums as well.

There seems to be an echo in this forum :)

grimlins
05-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I think there are no reviews on them as they are new.

april_nvhost
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree, they are just new in the industry. Maybe reason why they make it cheap because they need to find clients more to prove what they got.

Just try to see for some more webmasters online specially in forums like this that have used their service. Maybe they can help you get important details of how they services goes. ;)

Ahmad
05-19-2008, 02:25 AM
I would also stay away from a company with such a name or at least use it for my personal Halloween-related web sites only)).

Speaking seriously, choosing a good domain name is quite a serious thing.
If a host choosing a name like drupalwebhosting.com or vbulletinhosting.com, he loses 80% of his clients.
If he goes for a name like marblehost.com the chances are high he can embrace the widest possible audience.
So, seems like generic names give you more chances, unless you are Godaddy.com.

Alcatrazz
07-01-2008, 03:32 AM
I looked through their whois records and it seems there is nothing bad about them. Everything is ok. Moreover I think they have chosen their name because they are from Romania. There is something in them...

Callisto
07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I looked through their whois records and it seems there is nothing bad about them. Everything is ok. Moreover I think they have chosen their name because they are from Romania. There is something in them...

Something scary... weird brand name,names like hostgator.com or marblehost.com are more neutral, at least don't suggest so mane associations.

TechTestPilot
12-12-2008, 04:52 PM
This company is a SPAM and HACKER hosting company. They are a fraud Romanian organization. If you host with them, your personal and daily business transactions are subject to their spam, fraud and hack attacks. They have access to any type of credit card transaction you personally perform or your company performs on their servers. This includes PayPal and Google Checkout. They install trojan viruses on your server to retrieve stolen passwords on any website you create.

I receive over 100 spam emails daily that direct links to www.DraculaHosting.com web servers. I report each one to SpamCop.net to file complaints and WhoIs verification of the link owner and who the email orginates from. They do NOT respond to complaints and their Registrar does not respond either.

RH1
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL what a great name, what are they going to do "suck you dry"?

Hoster
03-03-2009, 03:07 AM
This is the second time I hear about dracula to provide hosting in his castle, but the very first time was from the same person....

webrsx
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
hi timpam, i think it's really important to find out how long the host has been around. I would recommend In2Net.com, this company has been established since 1996, I have been with them a little over a year.. I still still have not had any problems.. It's a great host.

clint999
05-18-2009, 06:10 AM
I agree, they are just new in the industry. Maybe reason why they make it cheap because they need to find clients more to prove what they got.

Just try to see for some more webmasters online specially in forums like this that have used their service. Maybe they can help you get important details of how they services goes.