PDA

View Full Version : Fight of Paid web hosting companies against the free web hosting providers

Jerome
05-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Cracker tries to scan ports to find out which of them are open.
Because the administrator of computer can enter the hacker's Internet
protocol (IP) address into the suspect list, that is why cracker's
find , it is wise to conduct scanning from computer other than his
own. To this end, crackers set up Web sites on free servers (Free Web
Hosting providers) that allow them to use PHP and PERL scripts. Free
Servers (Free Web Hosting Providers) usually do not require personal
data to be provided during the registration, but even if they do,
cracker can simply supply and made up data because no one is going to
check them.

Callisto
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Do you mean sites hosted on free hosting accounts are more vulnerable to hacking?

Bull
05-07-2008, 05:26 AM
I think that the main differences are: paid web hosting is web histing with guarantees... Free web hosting is web hosting which gives you no guarantees.

~ServerPoint~
05-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I think that they do not figt at all. They love each other.

transilvania
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I think that the main differences are: paid web hosting is web histing with guarantees... Free web hosting is web hosting which gives you no guarantees.
You get what you pay for.

~ServerPoint~
06-03-2008, 03:26 AM
The free service do not requrie private data because they do not need your payment details. On the paid web hosting providers there are payment info needed to indetify person + avoid fraud orders which have place now.

Alcatrazz
06-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Both free and paid hosts have to colocate their servers in the datacenter which means paying, so I don't really see any big difference, money is made in both cases, in the case hosting you get TOS where you see what you can expect from a host you are to go with.
What's more even paid hosts run from time to time deals offering free hosting packages as sibername.com with the domain names they sell.

~ServerPoint~
06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
What's more even paid hosts run from time to time deals offering free hosting packages as sibername.com with the domain names they sell.
I believe that free web hosting considered there as some kind of bonus not free web hosting service at all

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I would avoid free hosting providers, as most likely they are overloaded and your site will be slow or down most of the time.

management
06-08-2008, 03:45 PM
There are also might be forced ads with free web hosting which are non existant with paid hosting providers. Paid hosting is mostly more stable than free web hosting.