PDA

View Full Version : How to Reduce Spam in Outlook

tomherry
05-20-2008, 05:17 AM
There are some guidelines given below which is help to reduce Spam. These are following….
1. Take advantage of the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Office Outlook 2007 helps to mitigate the problem of spam by providing the Junk E-mail Filter, which automatically evaluates incoming messages and sends those identified as spam to the Junk E-mail folder.
2. Block pictures in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons Office Outlook 2007 has an additional anti-spam feature. By default, this feature blocks automatic picture downloads and other external content in messages if the content is linked to a server. If you open a message that has external content when this feature is turned off, the external content downloads automatically, inadvertently verifying to the server that your e-mail address is a valid one. Your e-mail address can then be sold to a spammer. You can unblock external content for messages that come from sources that you trust. For details, see Block or unblock automatic picture downloads in e-mail messages.
3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network.
Note Delivery receipts can be turned off only by your e-mail server administrator.
Turn off read receipts
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click E-mail Options.
3. Click Tracking Options.
4. Under Use this option to decide how to respond to requests for read receipts. Only applies to Internet Mail accounts, click Never send a response.

Dspkable
07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Great suggestions.

I like t recommend that if you see the spam message several times, that you will probably continue to get it, just create a rule to filter out all e-mails with "spam message here" in the subject directly to the junk folder. If you get used to seeing that SPAM message too often then your brain starts to smell like spam (the canned kind).

bob
07-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Here are few more tips (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012300261033.aspx) to reduce spam.

Radomyr
08-14-2008, 02:36 AM
There is a great tool for providing protection against spam and unsolicited emails.
SpamAid (http://www.sharewarecheap.com/SpamAid_software_2247.html)

discusshostingadmin
08-15-2008, 12:04 AM
The most effective way of getting rid of spam is at source - use Gmail or Google Apps as your provider. Spam will be sorted BEFORE it arrives in your inbox.

WE2

clint999
08-18-2008, 06:10 AM
There is a great tool for providing protection against spam and unsolicited emails.
SpamAid

hostchecker
09-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Use several block words that your friends would not send you, and occasionally scan the folder for messages from friends.

RalphC
09-25-2008, 03:32 AM
I would just use thunderbird instead of outlook to be honest.

bob
09-25-2008, 08:10 AM
I would suggest to Block pictures in HTML messages which is widely used by spammers to spam through Outlook.

~ServerPoint~
10-15-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm tired with spam fighting... I used to use big spam filters, but they filter lots of useful emails and now I decided not use it

b2netsolutions
10-17-2008, 09:46 AM
The problem is getting valid email automatically redirected to your junk email folder. Thunderbird can be handy.

transilvania
10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I also use thunderbird, no issues at all.

india-love
01-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Windows mails has better anti spam features..Just try it and you will find it better then others..

anand4hosting
05-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi

on every mail maintain a time gap..and frequently you have to change the subject...and if your IP is in spam list remove it from there for this option check in google key word spamhus...this may help you..:cool:

RH1
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I like going server side. With exim we have the filters set ti ping 5 different lists. That actually helps a lot.

Oracle
05-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Don't post your email address online in plain HTML text format. In practice it is nearly impossible not to list your email address online, but it might be a good idea to limit the numbers of different email addresses that you list online, and to list them as rarely as possible................
Instead use one of the following options:
(1).JavaScript
(2).Embed the email address in an images
(3).Use Web forms

Jenie0109
06-11-2009, 03:18 AM
now bookmarked... i'll take the guide:) thanks

BurkleJ
06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I never even thought of blocking the pictures....thanks!-

fcolor
06-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I switched to Mac and I can say that the amount of spamming and viruses I receive has been reduced... of course not just because of switching computers, but because I've got rid of some pop3 e-mail accounts I used to use and paid a more attention on optimizing the mail boxes and anti-spam tools.

When it comes to hosting providers I think that researching for new anti-spam tools, upgrading the anti spam software and increasing the server resources (including investment in software) are very important.

cruise05
07-16-2009, 04:09 AM
I also use thunderbird no problem at all.

bob
07-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Thunderbird seems good alternative, one big plus, it has built in RSS reader.

DnaJinx
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
thunderbird is the best choice :)

arslan220
10-02-2009, 03:08 AM
i think there should be some sort of setting on outlook on which you can reduce your spam.

sajis18
10-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Follow these guidelines to help lower your risk of receiving junk e-mail.

1. Take advantage of the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Office Outlook 2007 helps to mitigate the problem of spam by providing the Junk E-mail Filter, which automatically evaluates incoming messages and sends those identified as spam to the Junk E-mail folder.
2. Block pictures in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons Office Outlook 2007 has an additional anti-spam feature. By default, this feature blocks automatic picture downloads and other external content in messages if the content is linked to a server. If you open a message that has external content when this feature is turned off, the external content downloads automatically, inadvertently verifying to the server that your e-mail address is a valid one. Your e-mail address can then be sold to a spammer. You can unblock external content for messages that come from sources that you trust. For details, see Block or unblock automatic picture downloads in e-mail messages.
3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network..................

D.swike
12-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I know which port to open to host games but how to open it can anyone tell me how?

hostmaster
12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Limit the places where you post your e-mail address Be cautious about posting your e-mail address on public Web sites, such as newsgroups, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and so forth. When visiting public sites, you might want to use an e-mail address that is different from your main e-mail address. Remove your e-mail address from your personal Web site. Whenever you list or link to your e-mail address, you increase your chances of being spammed.

sanseo
01-28-2010, 02:13 AM
3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network.
Note Delivery receipts can be turned off only by your e-mail server administrator.
Turn off read receipts
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click E-mail Options.
3. Click Tracking Options.
4. Under Use this option to decide how to respond to requests for read receipts. Only applies to Internet Mail accounts, click Never send a response.

As per my known we can use custom read receipts as place Turn off read receipts. I heave set this ask me.

and feel this is good choice.

san

arslan321
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
you can find any software for reducing spam on outlook.

kimberly3309
03-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Cool.. now i have a lot of references for learning on h How to Reduce Spam in Outlook...thanks..thanks..thanks..

Link Building (http://www.micrositez.co.uk/link-building-packages.html)

lizaa01
08-18-2010, 03:31 AM
You will probably continue to get it, just create a rule to filter out all e-mails with "spam message here" in the subject directly to the junk folder. If you get used to seeing that SPAM message too often then your brain starts to smell like spam.

FINNEGAN.JAXON
10-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Use bullguard spam filter. Its great and free it adds the spam to a black list so when you receive spam it block it automatically here's a link to it and its 100% safe.

HostEase
11-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Many thanks for your sharing. I think for more detailed information,it can be searched through google or other search engines.

rfwilliams777
12-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the better spam filtering should come from your hosting provider. On average, 80-93% of e-mail that hits our mail servers is SPAM. The spam filter should automatically learn/adapt with the ability for user and administrator blacklist/whitelist.

Snoopy
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Spam depends on your mail server not mail agent, you should contact your server administrator if you suffer spam attacks

victorcloyd551
04-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Getting into the spam list is a big time failure for the many online marketers and web experts. So, you have to be very precise about your every promotional steps.

ronniesilva751
04-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Getting spam is a big time threat for the website developers. For this, you have to be very cautious. If you are not cautious about it, then go for the other techniques.

marcohill985
04-06-2012, 11:30 PM
It is essential to reduce spam in the outlook and one of the best ways of doing so is to make use of apps of Google. The spam will be sorted out accordingly.

Manov
05-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Thank you bob and tomherry, It's quite helpful.

matteodion368
08-08-2012, 04:57 AM
You will continue to get it, perhaps directly, you create a rule to exclude the subject line of all e-mail "spam messages in here," junk mail folder simply. Your brain will start to smell like spam too often then if you get a spam message that you are familiar.

tavioncurry69
09-10-2012, 05:52 AM
You will in all probability last to get it, just make a regulation to mesh out all electronic mail with "spam message here" in the topic straight to the junk folder.

trentstone508
09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Always filter all mails with “spam message here” and add junk folder in the subject to directly spam the mails. You will get such mails regularly. Hence apply this rule in advance.

jamsen
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Tips on how to reduce spam in Outlook:

-Take advantage of the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
-Block pictures in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons
-Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests
-Limit the places where you post your e-mail address
-Review the privacy policies of Web sites
-Watch out for check boxes that are already selected
-Don't reply to spam
-If a company uses e-mail messages to ask for personal information, don't respond by sending a message
-Don't contribute to a charity in response to a request sent in e-mail
-Don't forward chain e-mail messages

dillondays42
09-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Most of us receive more email than we can easily handle. And most of us receive spam–unwanted and unsolicited email, usually from people trying to sell things. One way to help with email overload is to keep spam out of your Inbox. Fortunately, Outlook has two built in features that help reduce spam. One is to set up junk mail filtering. The other is to block senders.

Set Up Junk Mail Filtering
Outlook 2007

Go to the Actions menu.
Select Junk Mail.
From the menu that pops out, select Junk Mail Options.
On the Options tab, select the level of filtering you would like. (I keep mine on Low.)
Click OK.
Outlook 2010

Change to the Mail view (if you aren’t there already).
Go to the Home tab of the ribbon.
In the Delete section, click on the Junk button.
From the menu that pops out, select Junk Mail Options.
On the Options tab, select the level of filtering you would like. (I keep mine on Low.)
Click OK.

gracelarry54
10-10-2012, 11:39 PM
You are most likely to get it, just develop a rule to filter out all e-mails with "spam message here" in the subject directly to the junk folder. If you notice spam message again then you will simply cram your brain.

kevinlobo142
02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Create a separate folder to put in your spam mails directly in the folder. Too many spams in your mails can block your brain. Therefore, delete spam mails for better productivity.

alistaircampbel
02-24-2013, 11:33 PM
No matter what we do, there will always be spam that will come and the only thing that we could do is filter it in such a way that it goes straight to the junk folder.

michaelpoe931
03-07-2013, 06:05 AM
A different folder is necessary to get all your spams directly into the folder. The presence of many spams in your mailbox can block the brain of yours. You should delete the spams for a better productivity.

sabrinasai
03-12-2013, 05:06 AM
Nicely said, good write up, thanks for sharing,
the below link provides you step by step process to reduce the spam in outlook,
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/219/~/outlook-express%3A-setting-up-message-rules-to-reduce-spam

B2Bexpert
04-09-2013, 06:03 AM
I'm tired with spam fighting... I used to use big spam filters, but they filter losts ofuseful emails and now I decided not use it

rfwilliams777
04-09-2013, 04:50 PM
A good host will take care of 98-100% of this.

Martinkristen72
05-03-2013, 06:44 AM
You need to create a different folder in the spam mails. A lot many spams can definitely block your brain as well. You need to delete mails frequently.

cowan12
05-09-2013, 05:34 AM
i think Outlook is very powerful too and i am using it last 3 year and there is no issue of spam mails