PDA

View Full Version : Resellerzoom Problem

euroro
05-30-2008, 02:20 AM
I am hosting with Resellerzoom and so far, I was happy.

I have a budget account ($6.95/month) and uptime was increbible.
There is 60Gb bandwidth and 4000Mb of Web Space.

For a while I thought I might have found a reseller playing a "Fair Game"
even with a small client like me, but I think I was wrong...

Resellerzoom has suspended one of my clients web access one week ago claiming that too much resources would have been used.

here is a part of their "Acceptable Use Policy":

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Budget resellers may not use more than 1% CPU daily, 3% memory daily, run more than 5 simultaneous processes, allow any process to run for longer than 15 seconds CPU time, run any process that consumes more than 10% of available CPU at any time, or run any process that consumes more than 16 MB of memory. Databases are limited to 8 max user connections with a max query time of 5 seconds.

Reseller Zoom reserves the right to make adjustments to these limits at our sole discretion. Customer shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advanced.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion, these conditions should be made very clear instead of being hidden well on their web site.

We host only 7 domains producing almost no traffic at all. Total bandwidth in May was just 3.8 Gb (of 60 Gb allowed) and we use just 750 Mb of 4000 Mb web space.

For some reason (I honestly do not know why), there were 6 processes running simultaneously that one day instead of 5 maximum allowed. I assume it was some kind of a hacker attack to that clients web site or some kind of interest peaking in that one day.

How can Resellerzoom suspend the account because of a "once in 2 years" event?

They told me I can choose between 3 options.
---------------------------------------------------------------
1. upgrade the account offering me a link to a dedicated server at $45 / month
2. resolve the over usage by telling them which steps I have done
3. You can look for another provider to host your account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but I took it as an offense. Especially option 3 showed me how much they care about a client.

I do not need to mention that option 1 is totally ridiculous. I do not need a dedicated server if I use only 3.8Gb/month and need only 750Mb of Space.

So I took option 2 and informed their abuse department that I will take care of the overload and try to find out what caused it but they did not even answer.

When I emailed technical support, I was told they are not authorized to unsuspend but have forwarded a ticket.

Finally, Abuse department was answering telling me they will not unsuspend the account until I choose one of the options mentioned above.

I had told them the day before already, but got no response.

To me it looks like they are trying to switch over budget users to more expensive accounts, instead of helping me solve the problem.

This has nothing to do with a BBB operation.
I wonder if others made similar experiences with this or other hosts.

regards
Mike

euroro
05-30-2008, 05:40 AM
In my opinion, these conditions should be made very clear instead of being hidden well on their web site.

I must correct myself. The "acceptable use policy" is not "hidden well".
It can be found under "company" and "legal" on their web site.

Anyway, we will see how Resellerzoom continues to handle the "problem".

euroro
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Third day and they still do not answer my request to unsuspend the account nor do they give me the chance to fix the problem.

I am terribly dissapointed by Resellerzoom.

I just cant believe that they risk loosing their good reputation with something that is such a minor problem for them, but a huge problem for me.

euroro
05-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Today, I was unsuspended and completely deleted a user board which appearently had caused the overload.

It was the SWF Forum, which was totally updated to the latest version/security issues but somehow, it caused a problem.

I hope that it will be ok now, because I do not want to switch host.
As I said in the beginning, I never had less problems with any other hosts.

If you are looking for a new one, you might check them out.

regards
Mike

~ServerPoint~
06-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Mike I think that if yo overuse all limits - nothing can be done on your current web hosting package. Move to more huge package or try to find other provider. I think that it is good sighn for you, be cause it means that you are growing.

Alcatrazz
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
These things happen, it's always good to come back to the forum and post an update on your experience with the host.

management
06-08-2008, 04:04 PM
In cases like these you may want to look for a VPS which is a good alternative to shared hosting. You will be able to use more resources and I believe you may find a decent VPS for arount $15/month.

Bobby
06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Semi-dedi is a good variant as well.

~ServerPoint~
06-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Semidedicated is approx the same as the shared account. I would recommend you get something dedicated.

transilvania
06-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Dedi will the best solution in this case.