PDA

View Full Version : Reported for Paid Links

Martin Graves
07-09-2008, 07:08 AM
My website has plummetted from the top 5 for its key words right down to two notches below hell. An SEO guy I know says my site - a directory - has probably been reported for paid links. Is there any way that can be formally established>

MG

cl2
07-09-2008, 08:39 AM
contact Google through WebMasterTools section

addme
07-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi Martin,

I agree with cl2 - Within http://www.google.com/webmasters there is a feature where by you can request re-inclussion.

FYI - it seems like Google are constantly improving the webmaster tools, I'm finding these of great use!

cheers

Martin Graves
07-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks, but was aware of that. The webmaster cp does not tell you if you have been penalized. I am trying to find out if there is any formal way of establishing if you have be penalized...

Martin Graves

addme
07-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any formal channel for clarifying this.

Martin Graves
07-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Understood - cheers...

alemcherry
08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
All the leading directories lost PR and ranking in last major update, which I believe was 3-6 months back. You need not be reported by a competitor, google has reduced the PR of almost all direcotries of your kind. Actually it is pretty understandable - most directories publish any site that pays them - it is not differnt than sites selling paid links. Running a directory is hard these days, with you good luck!

criminallawyer
04-24-2009, 01:00 PM
One thing I heard at SES London was that people wanted a way to report paid links specifically. I’d like to get a few paid link reports anyway because I’m excited about trying some ideas here at Google to augment our existing algorithms. Google may provide a special form for paid link reports at some point, but in the mean time, here’s a couple of ways that anyone can use to report paid links:
- Sign in to Google’s webmaster console and use the authenticated spam report form, then include the word “paidlink” (all one word) in the text area of the spam report. If you use the authenticated form, you’ll need to sign in with a Google Account, but your report will carry more weight.
- Use the unauthenticated spam report form and make sure to include the word “paidlink” (all one word) in the text area of the spam report.
As far as the details, it can be pretty short. Something like “Example.com is selling links; here’s a page on example.com that demonstrates that” or “www.shadyseo.com is buying links. You can see the paid links on www.example.com/path/page.html” is all you need to mention. That will be enough for Google to start testing out some new techniques we’ve got — thanks!

sangbk
03-04-2016, 06:54 AM
All the main registries lost PR and positioning in last real redesign, which I accept was 3-6 months back. You require not be accounted for by a contender, google has lessened the PR of all direcotries of your kind. Really it is really justifiable - most indexes distribute any site that pays them - it is not differnt than destinations offering paid connections. Running an index is hard nowadays, with you good fortunes!