PDA

View Full Version : Some SEO Techniques

sanjaysahu
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
hello

Here are some SEO advices for beginners i can say.

First of all i am in this field for over 3 years. I can say that i don't like the time spent and that's why i hired someone.

But before that here is what i have manage to learn:

1. Link Directories - Good only for PR (google case)
Example: I paid about 300$ for links on many directories, on PR3-5 pages. All good. When google crawled some of them the PR

went to 1 or 2.
Conclusion - Don't waist your time too much and especially the money on those.

2. Social Bookmarking - 100 digs for some pages
Example: I had a Web 2.0 Design Tutorial website and got about 100 digs for some articles, technorati, del.icio.us and so on.
When checking backlinks digg.com showed only 5 of them.
Conclusion - Pretty good but make sure your article is 110% original.

3. Article Submission - 20 articles on "famous" article directories
Example: As i was writing the tutorials i thought "let's publish them".
Backlinks - very few after so much work

4. Link Exchange websites - Paid about 50$/monthly for 3 link exchange websites.
Example: I added my website to this websites and received about 400 links every month. I added a link exchange script with

the "nofollow" attribute ON. I even added the disallow rule in .htaccess. All good so far.
After 3 months i got about 10 emails from different people asking me to remove their links because their sites were banned

from Google.
Conclusion: Don't do this kind of link exchange.REALLY DON'T. Your link will end on a 100 link page which of course will end

to banning from Google and who knows others too.

5. Paid Traffic - About 50$/monthly for as they said " 3000 unique visitors"
Example - Because i did not had the time to surf other websites i paid for this services.
Conclusion: Google Analytics was telling me that from 3000 visitors/monthly i got only 200 from that site.
Alexa was the only one who showed that i had heavy traffic. But if you don't pay for 1 month the Alexa rank will go down too.

Don't waist your time with this.

Now for the good things.

Don't know if i am allowed to say which software i used to SEO my websites but if an admin or moderator tells me i can..i

will of course mention it's name. The license costs between 250$-450$ depending on your needs.
Believe me it's really unbelievable and you learn a lot of things from it.

1. Always or at least monthly change your website keywords positioning
2. Put h1-h4 tags on your website
3. Bold or underline your keywords and again change things on a regularly basis
4. For script users make your URLS search engine friendly
5. Try and write articles directly on your site and add a social bookmarking script for people to bookmark
6. If you do link exchange make sure the website topic is similar to yours and check their page source for the "nofollow"

attribute. If it's there delete their link.
7. Create a google and yahoo sitemap and submit it.
8. Changing or adding Content regularly of your website is NO2.SEO RULE
9. the NO.1 SEO rule is to have patience. Really it is.

I just launched a template store and i can say that it's on top google and yahoo for 10 keywords from about 35 mil pages. And

i did not even submit it to digg or had a link exchange with anybody..so far
There are plenty of other methods but these are the start ones.

If you find this useful please rate it.Thanks

www.easyway2host.com

addme
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Some interesting points regarding your previous SEO techniques.

Though I tend to disagree with some of your "DON'T"s
Link Directories
Social Bookmarking
Article Submission

The above three SEO activities are proven to work and great for not only driving click through traffic, but also building brand!

As discussed in a previous post (http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=5633) - every click counts and the above 3 activities (if done correctly) can work well.

We publish newsletter articles on a regular basis, these articles are informative pieces that help guide new internet users through the online marketing mine field - our authors often benefit from these articles, receiving leads and click traffic from the posted article.

~ServerPoint~
07-22-2008, 03:26 AM
I would not agree on paid traffic. I think that it is the way to scam people which buy banners on your web site.

addme
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I would not agree on paid traffic. I think that it is the way to scam people which buy banners on your web site.

From a SEO perspective I total agree with you, further more paid traffic for SEO will generally be of a low quality :(

That said, attracting traffic via paid search is a totally different story.

A well managed paid search campaign in Google, Yahoo and MSN is a highly effective way of attracting quality traffic to a website! :)

seomaterial
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
great post. I really appreciate.

seoman
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Interesting info there.

However you must understand that your Google Page Rank has no relationship with the actual rankings of your website.

Search engines have evolved in the past 1-2 years, and they are extremely protected about their search engine rules.

You must also read another interesting post on some of the SEO techniques which must be avoided while doing SEO.

http://blog.seohawk.com/avoid-these-seo-techniques/

I am sure you will find it interesting :)

addme
07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the post SEOMAN and welcome :)

jubach
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
cool! i was enlightened with those explanations. this will help me experiment on how to improve my rankings ;)

sojankf
08-05-2008, 09:14 AM
These links will help you to SEO your site.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

Seo tutorial and tips - http://seo-tutorial.seoadministrator.com/

webburu
08-12-2008, 01:57 AM
really cool stuff, thanks!

alemcherry
08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Much better than the usual tips post. Most of the points are spot on and realisitc.

transilvania
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Good and useful links, thanks.

govindseo
09-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Nice tips thanks for sharing!

mccmarn
09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for great:D tips to sharing

govindseo
09-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi,
Nice tips for newbie thanks for sharing...

robseolas
09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
These links will help you to SEO your site.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

Hi,

This url is really helpful for Seo.

:)

mybusca.com
10-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Nice post. I will use these tips.

addme
10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

A quick note about checking your internal links (these are all the links within your website to other pages in the same site)

If your site is constantly throwing up 404 errors aka page not found, you can drop in position within the SERP's.

Sooo make sure ALL your links are 100% (obviously if you have a large site this is hard to do)

Now for the shamless plug!

We have just released a new version of our broken link checker tool, it's free to use and very powerful.
The tool will crawl all the links on your site, reporting any broken links in a detailed HTML report.

You can check this out here:

www.addme.com/link-checker.htm (http://www.addme.com/link-checker.htm)

Aqeel
10-31-2008, 02:22 AM
These are the main seo techniques, by following these techniques you can promote your site easily.

Australian Wholesalers Directory (http://www.australianwholesalers.com)|Canadian Wholesalers & Wholesale Products Suppliers (http://www.canadawholesalers.com)|Technology Wholesalers & Distributors Directory (http://www.techwholesalers.com)|World Wide Dropshipping Directory (http://www.worldwidedropshipping.com)

jv17
11-06-2008, 07:25 AM
wow that's nice techniques thanks for sharing..

charles.steve
11-06-2008, 07:43 AM
How to improve your site ranking

Hi Everybody, I am here with some tips for improving your site in Google ranking.
Google use different ways to put the page priority in the search results. Don’t know the exact formula, but know few ideas which will help you to improve your site position. SEO Search Engine Optimization term is used for this method.
Spam
You should ignore the spam and other sites that propose you to submit your site to many other search engines. This is really wastage of time and it will lower down your ranking.
Keywords
These are the specific words that are used to search some specific information on search engines. It is useful to make a keyword phrase by using more than one keyword. Keywords are the most important thing in a website. Use proper keywords in your site content.
Stick to one subject per page, and stick to one keyword phrase per page.
Density
This is a measurement in percentage. The keywords in a site are compared with total words of the website. Keyword density measure whether the site relates to the keywords or not. Google looks for the density of the keyword usage and check how often this keyword is used. You should use the natural phrases and don’t repeat the same keyword over and over. Sometimes Google can bane you. Often Google search your first paragraph, so try to make your first paragraph naturally with proper keywords.
Name Your Pages
Always give the name of your pages with the <title> tag. This is vital.
Google always shows results as a link using the web page’s title. A link called “untitled” isn’t attractive.
Link Early, Link Often
One main thing that counts too much to improve your site ranking is the hyperlink. Google checks both link to and from your site. When someone put a keyword in search engine, Google check the words you use in links to help determine the content of your site.
Exchanging Text Links
This is very fast and cheap way to improve your site ranking. Exchange the text links with other relevant websites. This is called mutual relationship. You can also exchange banners or listed with important directories.
In link exchange, members advertise their sites on link exchange forums and get resulted as a reciprocal or three way linking.
In one way linking the webmaster use a hyperlink to points a website without any reciprocal link while Multi-way linking means that the link exchange is between three or more sites.
Automated Linking
Automatic link service exchange program has launched. Every member of this scheme adds several links of their websites and exchanges his links with others.
Get listed with Right Directories
Find some open directory projects and submit your site there as Google consider this directory very important. You have to be patient, as a really human will check your site before listing into the directory.
Submit your site to the relevant directories for example a site on insects should be sent to entomology or biology related directories.
I hope these tips will help you to improve your site ranking.

Charles Steve

hardcorecrimina
11-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Very useful information

david.brown
12-03-2008, 04:01 AM
hi,

I like these tips. Thanks for this good information. can you please tell me?......articles is the most important part of SEO. Should I create 1 article and submit to 100 article directories? Should I create 100 articles and submit to 1 article directory? plz help me.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.infysolutions.com

charles.steve
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
hi,

I like these tips. Thanks for this good information. can you please tell me?......articles is the most important part of SEO. Should I create 1 article and submit to 100 article directories? Should I create 100 articles and submit to 1 article directory? plz help me.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better to write 100 article and submit 1 or 100 directories.

Charles

sam12
12-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Hi,

thanks for this good information.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outsourcing software development (http://www.infysolutions.com)
Software development company (http://www.infysolutions.com)

Mark08
12-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing information...but...I am not believe in paid traffic..

Thanks

~ServerPoint~
12-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Mark please use signature options to set your signature

NashGowtham
12-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Hi,

As a newbie to SEO, this post is very helpful for me,

I have got huge info from here as well as some cool links too,

Cheers,
NashGowtham

shikha mahajan
12-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Hello

Thanks for these SEO techniques. These are very basic point which are helpful for me to start my carrer in SEO field.

Thanks
Shikha

matt
12-17-2008, 03:47 AM
hey buddy,

I have got huge traffic via social bookmarks & blog commenting,
It works out me & still I am doing those things to get more traffic,
Hope will get success,

I belive that manual process will work more than the automated process

Cheers,
Matt

rajiwebstar
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
hey it was good one and thanks for sharing your experience..one must concentrate on those factors which contributes more ranking for your sites.:)

~ServerPoint~
12-25-2008, 05:38 AM
I belive everyone needs to take more from that for own needs

stephenpeter
01-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Some SEO Techniques To Help You Achieve High Ranking

There are some basic SEO techniques that you need to use in order to get the highest ranking on search engines. Search engine optimization does not mean that you have to over stuff your articles with keywords. Many people make that mistake. Internet users like you and me get turned off by looking at a whole bunch of keywords stuffed at one place. Instead, you should try to follow some simple techniques to ensure that your web page ranks high on search engines.

Avoid High Keyword Density

Having a high density of keywords in your webpage is definitely not a good idea. The ideal percentage of keyword density should be less than 2% in the entire area of the text. Your web page will attain higher ranking if you follow this rule. If your keyword density is too high, your website may be treated as spam and get blacklisted. Your keyword phrase should ideally be a part of the title and should be positioned high on the page. You should also place the keywords once in every paragraph. These SEO techniques for proper keyword usage will help your webpage achieve higher ranking.

Create Links

Links can be used as a great way to allure users to visit your website. You should place links in sites that have some relation to your website. This way, you target the kind of audience that you want. We are always on the lookout for more information and if we find links in our favorite websites, we will definitely click on the link to see what it has to offer to us. The fact that your website has a link on our favorite site gives it the credibility that you need. These SEO techniques will go a long way to getting you more hits on your website.

Importance Of A Site Map Page

If you have a website with pages and pages of information, it is important to include a site map page so that the search engine spiders can find them. If you have a very large website, then it helps to make several site map pages with around 75 links in each page. All your other SEO techniques may be useless without a proper site map page helping the spiders to find all the relevant information in your site.

Learn From The Competition

It would help to take a look at the keyword usage and website design of your competition, especially if they rank high in the search engines. You could analyze their sites and identify what they have done in order to achieve top ranking. There is no harm in checking out the SEO techniques that are used by other sites as long as you don’t copy them.

Robdale
01-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Thanks people for sharing your ideas and techniques about SEO. Its really useful and huge info and will be helpful for my site.
Thanks again.

~ServerPoint~
01-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Listening to the tips will not help to improve the situation. I believe that lots of manual work should be done.

IndianapolisSeo
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I strongly believe that social bookmarking, social networks, article directories, and submission to certain directories that are relevant. Press releases are also good for seo to increase the amount of relevant backlinks, build your brand, and get more traffic.

Robdale
01-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Do anybody knows how much should be the quantity of submissions, link exchange per day?

jessey85
02-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow, Great article. Thanks for sharing.

john33355
02-14-2009, 01:35 AM
directory submission is very helpful for your sites

Gotosubmit.com offers amazing directory submission service, 3000 manual directory submission just in $33.95

bye

Robdale
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Can anyone answer my question above?
Need to know... as i am promoting my website.

thewifestories
02-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks,I will do it now!

bgsa2472
02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
What is the best way to SEO?

Robdale
02-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I know only two best ways to do SEO and that are On-site & off-site Optimization. Check out this article related to it.
http://joey101.net/2007/03/best-way-do-seo/

lesterbeach1573
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Keyword density is not much sensitive issue as it is depend on webpage length.

adaliabarclay
05-02-2009, 08:09 AM

yeah remember Google don't like selling links and paid links

ellehc
05-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Good tips keep sharing.. Thanks!

Robdale
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
There is also a technique called "Sneeze Page" which many of the people don't know. The idea behind it is to create a page that will force the visitors in different directions deep inside your blog or website by highlighting a variety of previously written articles or posts. Sneeze pages can be very effective way to drive people deep within your blog.

Oracle
05-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Quite nice tips for a anyone who is new in the field of SEO but i think that these tips will not help anyone who have a good knowledge about SEO..

princecharles12
05-17-2009, 12:49 AM
hello

Here are some SEO advices for beginners i can say.

First of all i am in this field for over 3 years. I can say that i don't like the time spent and that's why i hired someone.

But before that here is what i have manage to learn:

1. Link Directories - Good only for PR (google case)
Example: I paid about 300$ for links on many directories, on PR3-5 pages. All good. When google crawled some of them the PR

went to 1 or 2.
Conclusion - Don't waist your time too much and especially the money on those.

2. Social Bookmarking - 100 digs for some pages
Example: I had a Web 2.0 Design Tutorial website and got about 100 digs for some articles, technorati, del.icio.us and so on.
When checking backlinks digg.com showed only 5 of them.
Conclusion - Pretty good but make sure your article is 110% original.

3. Article Submission - 20 articles on "famous" article directories
Example: As i was writing the tutorials i thought "let's publish them".
Backlinks - very few after so much work

4. Link Exchange websites - Paid about 50$/monthly for 3 link exchange websites.
Example: I added my website to this websites and received about 400 links every month. I added a link exchange script with

the "nofollow" attribute ON. I even added the disallow rule in .htaccess. All good so far.
After 3 months i got about 10 emails from different people asking me to remove their links because their sites were banned

from Google.
Conclusion: Don't do this kind of link exchange.REALLY DON'T. Your link will end on a 100 link page which of course will end

to banning from Google and who knows others too.

5. Paid Traffic - About 50$/monthly for as they said " 3000 unique visitors"
Example - Because i did not had the time to surf other websites i paid for this services.
Conclusion: Google Analytics was telling me that from 3000 visitors/monthly i got only 200 from that site.
Alexa was the only one who showed that i had heavy traffic. But if you don't pay for 1 month the Alexa rank will go down too.

Don't waist your time with this.

Now for the good things.

Don't know if i am allowed to say which software i used to SEO my websites but if an admin or moderator tells me i can..i

will of course mention it's name. The license costs between 250$-450$ depending on your needs.
Believe me it's really unbelievable and you learn a lot of things from it.

5. Try and write articles directly on your site and add a social bookmarking script for people to bookmark
6. If you do link exchange make sure the website topic is similar to yours and check their page source for the "nofollow"

attribute. If it's there delete their link.
7. Create a google and yahoo sitemap and submit it.
8. Changing or adding Content regularly of your website is NO2.SEO RULE
9. the NO.1 SEO rule is to have patience. Really it is.

I just launched a template store and i can say that it's on top google and yahoo for 10 keywords from about 35 mil pages. And

i did not even submit it to digg or had a link exchange with anybody..so far
There are plenty of other methods but these are the start ones.

If you find this useful please rate it.Thanks

www.easyway2host.com

Excellent dear
very nice sharing information

princecharles12
05-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Excellent, Very good job dear

Jenie0109
05-20-2009, 04:53 AM
ping all your approved submissions for faster index via blog blaster...

arslan220
07-13-2009, 05:13 AM
nice thanks for sharing for that.

stephenjames
08-26-2010, 08:10 PM
That said, attracting traffic via paid search is a totally different story.From a SEO perspective I total agree with you, further more paid traffic for SEO will generally be of a low quality

stevemack
08-27-2010, 01:47 AM
i feel there are some of the best techniques for SEO starters. Knowing more about the topics will generate multiple ideas and leads to implementation. thanks for share.

bermuda
08-27-2010, 06:43 AM
The link directories I think have lost power up to a certain degree because nowadays even buying some links from expensive portals may be no guarantee to reach the top spots on the Google and the other main search engines.

colton1237
08-30-2010, 12:52 AM

--------------------------------------------------
Door Furniture (http://www.worldofbrass.co.uk)
Door Handles (http://www.worldofbrass.co.uk)

ahsima
08-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the useful posts. Nobody will share things like you.

I do not agree with paid submission. we can build PR3 to PR7 link back by manually. All the paid submissions are not fair and will cheat us.

Manual submission to social bookmarking sites, forum posting, blog commenting,srach engine submission, business directory submission will surely help us to hank high

tylerzeller591
03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
If you are new in the field of SEO, these tips will definitely be helpful. Therefore, good knowledge on SEO will help you a lot in this context.

marieweaver132
03-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Hi, All

Two types of SEO Techniques :-
1. White hat SEO
2. Black hat SEO

buntysbana
03-16-2012, 06:42 AM
SMO is very effective thesedays so use twitter, facebook, and google plus or any other social networking sites.

rkraj
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Really great post. Thanks for sharing

rafaeldane98
03-22-2012, 02:39 AM
I powerfully have faith in that social bookmarking, social networks, article directories, and submission to definite indexes that is significant. These things need to be focused on.

glencastan114
07-14-2012, 01:24 AM
According to me social networks, submission to web directories, social book marking and article directories are very helpful. Usage of press release also helps in generating backlinks. Start by building a strong brand image and it will help you in attracting more traffic to your page.

jonnywalker131
07-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Demand of seo is increasing day by day.It is important that website should be ranked among top 10 websites in the Google.SEO uses two methods i.e. on page method and off page method.

krishdir
07-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi Thank you so much for the nice post its informative...

matteodion368
08-07-2012, 02:35 AM
I strongly believe that to submit, in a specific directory and related directories, social bookmarking, social networks, of the article. Press release is suitable for the SEO to build your brand to increase the amount of back links related to get more traffic.

amittrch
08-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi,
Very good technique.thanks for share

honitel
08-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Before, LinkExchange is what mostly SEO do because for some aspect this strategy truly gives you a good results. Though, I'm afraid this is not as safe as before. For some extent, Google does not accept this kind of process on SEO.

hitsandy
08-09-2012, 03:33 AM
These are running SEO techniques for website, I need to know new optimization technique to get good ranking in search engines.

brainpulse
08-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Interesting and useful information, thanks for sharing with us..

steve.brettn
08-24-2012, 06:42 AM
I strongly believe that to submit, in a specific directory and related directories, social bookmarking, social networks, of the article. Press release is suitable for the SEO to build your brand to increase the amount of back links related to get more traffic.

I agree with you. These all are really very helpful.

seomaartin
08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I think it's great!

paulpreston
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
There are some best SEO techniques:

Content should be unique
Qualitative keywords
Focus on follow links
Avoid from over optimization

android45
08-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Here are quite informative posts in this thread. And, also useful for beginners.

maxjohn148
08-30-2012, 02:51 AM
i will not prefer to paid traffic coz its just a risk or wastage of money and time as well. Just do good linkbuilding and wait for traffic

gracelarry54
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I truly believe that social bookmarking, social networks, article directories, and submission to certain directories that are sensible. Press releases are also useful for seo to enhance the percentage of relevant backlinks, build your brand, and driving more traffic.

lennondevid
10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi gracelarry54,

All tips are very useful for me and newbie of SEO too. I hope you will share more for it.

webspekers
10-11-2012, 11:56 AM
That is really a great techniques your described well here. I appreciated your info.