PDA

View Full Version : what is link baiting?

stefijain
06-21-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi,

i have heard about link baiting but i do not know how it works and what is the benefit of link baiting. Please share your suggestions and and experience on link baiting.

bloodchadha
06-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Link bait is any content or feature, within a website, designed specifically to gain attention or encourage others to link to the website. Matt Cutts defines link bait as anything "interesting enough to catch people's attention."[1] Link bait can be an extremely powerful form of marketing as it is viral in nature.

How to Create a Company Email Address (https://www.email.biz/) | Free Email Address (https://www.email.biz/)

johndevis
06-22-2013, 05:03 AM
You are providing SEO services in india and you don't even know about the link baiting.

stefijain
06-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing such a nice and useful post with me. It will help to improve my website performance.

samirah465
06-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Link bait refers to anything on a website that encourages links from other websites. It can include content, online tools, downloads, or anything else that another site owner might find compelling enough to link to. Link bait is important because most search engines use back links as a major factor in determining ranking.

madtteam28
06-22-2013, 07:03 AM
That's nice topic to discuss. Thanks, bloodchadha, for stating very nice answer that make me understand what exactly link bait is!

denson
06-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Link bating means your website should contains high quality and genuine content if you add this peoples will give you back links to your website.

PABX Solutions Dubai (http://www.commit.ae/index.php/products-services/solution/telecom-and-pabx)

dalevarman
06-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Link bait is any content or feature within website that encourage user to link to the website. Link bait have some element that useful to gaining traffic on website.

blessy_smith
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Link bait is good thing for seo. Link bait means make a good content or proper content on your website, to got an attention of users. It is one of the best gadget in seo. You can add some pictures as well within link bait.

nrvaghela
06-26-2013, 03:29 AM
The idea of link baiting is to create a piece of content which is centered on a set demand from a specific audience and region.

some link baiting techniques

1) Take recent events and scale them out to others in your community.
2) Talk about a specific community.
3) Be provocative or controversial.
4) Be a contrarian.
5) Be thorough.

stefijain
06-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Hello everyone,

thanks for sharing all of your posts and experience with me. Now i have good idea on link baiting.

Azzi87
06-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Link baiting which i had never heard how it is useful in SEO?

jayanta1
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Link bait is any content or feature, within a website, designed specifically to gain attention or encourage others to link to the website.

jaysh4922
06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Link bait is something different content and refers to a placement on a website for the strict purpose of tempting other web pages to link to that website. Link baiting is a viral marketing form...actuly its designed specifically to gain attention or encourage others to link..

mitsay
07-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Link bait is content on your site to which other sites link because they want to, not because you ask them to. Traditionally, links are hard to get, requiring you to sacrifice your first born child (and at least link back, which nullifies their value in some search engines.) But with link bait, you “bait” your content and sit back and wait. Of course, you can be a little proactive …

Margaret Atwood
07-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Link baiting technique is used to get the various back links from several websites. This is gray hat SEO technique. Link bait was introduced after Google penguin update.

Aaron Carl
07-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Elements of Link Bait
- Headline
- Information
- Visual
- Hooks
- Contact List

Link Baiting can be approached using

- Informational Hooks
- Widget Hooks
- Curated Hooks
- Infographics

stefijain
07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Hi,

again thanks to everyone to keep joining this thread and sharing your nice post with useful information.

innovativeweb
07-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Linkbait is viral content with the specific aim to attract links from the “linkerati” – this is a term coined to describe people on the web who might be able to give links. Links drive their own traffic, but they’re also a critical component to search engine ranking algorithms. The idea is the more high-quality links to your website, the more likely you’ll experience higher rankings. Linkbait is an effective way to attract links to your website, with the collateral benefit of viral marketing.

crescendo
07-10-2013, 02:35 AM
Link bait is a piece of content on your site to which other sites link. Link baiting draws traffic to a website without keyword searches or specific searches for that web page.

spygovind
07-10-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi,

i have heard about link baiting but i do not know how it works and what is the benefit of link baiting. Please share your suggestions and and experience on link baiting.

term Link Baiting, refers to a placement on a website for the strict purpose of tempting other web pages to link to that website.and other Link bait is content on your site to which other sites link.

Facebook fan page: Posting a short/small description that leaves visitors wanting to read more with a link to the article on your website.

Linked In: Joined a group of relating to your business and post a description and link to your article in the group discussions or news.