PDA

View Full Version : Would you prefer requesting price quotes or searching/browsing hosting plans

highlighter
02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
We would like to learn the preferences of Discuss Hosting visitors on the selection process of web hosts.

- Would you prefer to request hosting quotes (prices quotes) from qualified web hosts to save time and money?

- Or would you prefer to browse and search hosting plans of registered web hosting companies?

We offer both services at www.HostMarker.com and we need comments of real visitors...

Which method effects your decision in selecting (highlighting) your web host that meets your specific needs?

DataStreamUSA
02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
We signed up at your website and out of the 20+ people that come to our website not one of them signed up for an account.

I feel 90% of them are other hosts checking up on other hosts :( ..

I know that sounds dumb, but I watched all of the clicks from your website and , well i just figured none of them were real customers.

I dont like the idea paying for my other compeditors to see my website.

Maybe you should see if you can somehow clean up the proccess, eg make them give their phone number and or a real email address not @hotmail ....

highlighter
02-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Hello,
I agree with you. We are checking all web hosts before we accept their sites to HostMarker.com.

However, it is very hard to distinguish between a click whether it is a click from a real customer or an owner of another web host :(

I don't know what kind of precaution that other directories use on this issue.
If you have any information, please share so that we can take necessary action to prevent it.

DataStreamUSA
02-07-2005, 12:47 AM
<--- has no clue :) Its kind of sad when good hosts pay good money to run adds when 1/2 of the people out there click on them just to check them out.

I guess thats why when we run ads, I like them static :)

Anyways, your website is looking good

1PlanHost
02-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Agreed, clicks from other host checking out ads is most definately a problem with most directories and also on Google. It is a shameful practice and costs the industry hundreds of thousands of dollars if not more. A directory that could minimize this would be a valuable asset for all

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!