PDA

View Full Version : How is seo differ from sem?

blessy_smith
07-16-2013, 05:24 AM
I am new member here and want to know the difference between seo and sem.
I hope you will help me in this matter.

alma mott
07-16-2013, 06:37 AM
SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of optimizing your website so that its pages show up in the SERPs. SEO drives traffic to your site via search engines (primarily Google).

sigmatest
07-16-2013, 06:43 AM
HI

Seo stand for search engine optimization and sem stand is search engine marketing.

Markgibson431
07-17-2013, 06:29 AM
seo is free and sem is paid version of search engine marketing...

Amy.Sarin
07-18-2013, 01:24 AM
SEO is a part of SEM.

SEO is the process of gaining traffic from ‘free’, ‘organic’ or ‘natural’ listings on search engines.
SEM is a broader concept. It is the process of gaining traffic from both ‘free’ (SEO) and ‘paid’ (PPC, CPC etc) efforts.

But with 901 posts, I doubt if you are a new member!

luceleng
07-18-2013, 01:34 AM
you're now doing some seo offpage thing mate, don't tell me you're new.

Margaret Atwood
07-22-2013, 05:01 AM
SEO is the process of optimizing your web site for the purpose of getting free traffic from search engines.

SEM is the marketing process with a goal of getting more visibility in search engines either by getting more free traffic (SEO) or paid traffic (Paid search advertising).

MikeQ
07-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Yes, SEO is better than SEM.. because once you optimize keywords it stays longer, I would say.

aaron191
07-22-2013, 06:45 AM
SEM is a broader term than SEO. Where SEO aims to provide better organic search results, SEM uses the search engines to advertise your website or business to Internet customers and send a more targeted traffic to your Web site.
For example, when people use a search engine to query "fashion handbags", the organic search engine results is where SEO technologies can assist your Web site in being more visible. The paid advertising, or sponsored links are the ones prominently displayed above or beside the organic search results is a product of SEM.

shany
07-22-2013, 07:24 AM
The difference between SEO and SEM is simply that Search Engine Optimization is part of Search engine marketing or Search marketing as it is widely known. Both processes aim in increasing visibility in search engines. SEO is about optimizing the web property to get better rankings in the search results while SEM goes beyond SEO. It involves other methods as well which can get you more search engine visitors like PPC advertising.