PDA

View Full Version : what is EMD?

binarynpixel
08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I have heard about Google EMD update. But I am no clear about EMD. I recently bought a domain for affiliate marketing and my main keywords is almost similar

to my domain name. Is this create any problem?

webcreations
08-02-2013, 05:22 AM
The EMD update is launched by google to prevent poor quality sites from ranking well simply because they had words that match search terms in their domain names. When a fresh EMD update happens, sites that have improved their content may regain good rankings. New sites with poor content or those previously missed by EMD may get caught.

blessy_smith
08-02-2013, 06:04 AM
EMD stands for Exact Match Domain... as per the Words suggest, Some people have created domains with exactly domain name as the keyword but with all the crappy content. And if Site do not have related content then also site will get Good Ranking Only because of Its Domain Name.

arunsingh01
08-02-2013, 06:11 AM
EMD is Earnest Money Deposit, which is placed to show your commitment towards a certain transaction (real estate purchase, tender etc.) It is normally refunded if satisfactory performance is accorded as expected; otherwise forfeited.

ammy1001
08-02-2013, 06:45 AM
yaah mr. arun i am agree with you i think you are right.

rickymartins
08-02-2013, 07:53 AM
EMD means exact matching domain. This update has launched by Google in september 2012. This update happened just to prevent poor quality content website from ranking because they had keyword that match search term in his domain name.

MikeQ
08-04-2013, 07:15 AM
EMD means exact match domain...

If you are able to find any domain name which include your all the keyword, it can be known as emd.

righteous
08-04-2013, 10:59 PM
EMD reffer as Exact match domain, when your website domain name is totally match to your targeted keywords it will be harmful for your website according to EMD update

Vamp1re
08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

terrijhon
08-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Well guy very nice information..this is good to know about Google EMD.

Jessicacis
08-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Exact match domain itself is not going to give any benefit or problem. It is your marketing strategies which will determine how your website is going to perform in terms of traffic and business. Earlier EMD was advisable for seo purpose, but now its not so important.

johnsmith22
08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
EMD is short form of exact match domain. Google give update on EMD and suggest that if you want to use an exact domain name for your main key term, do so with caution.;)

rajjnisspra
09-10-2013, 01:44 AM
EMD means Exact Match Domain. if your website domain match with any good keywords, it would be under EMD match.

madtteam28
09-10-2013, 05:33 AM
EMD means Exact Match Domain and it had been updated by Google. It is one of the algorithm updates from Google. According to this update, sites that are of low quality and just due to the keyword placed in the domain they are on search ranking get affected.

nrvaghela
09-10-2013, 05:36 AM
EMD stands for Exact Match Domain. This update was released earlier by the Google. But after the big flow of low quality and harmful domains, Google released an update which stated that it is harmful to have Exact domain name of your keyword, and having a small simple one page template or like that.
Because many of the people started to launching same domain name's simple website having only one image on the homepage. So there was a healthy competition in first page of Google because so many one page websites are there with same domain names.

nrvaghela
09-10-2013, 05:43 AM
EMD means Exact Match Domain. This update was released earlier by the Google. But after the big flow of low quality and harmful domains, Google released an update which stated that it is harmful to have Exact domain name of your keyword, and having a small simple one page template or like that.
Because many of the people started to launching same domain name's simple website having only one image on the homepage. So there was a healthy competition in first page of Google because so many one page websites are there with same domain names.

barker3000
09-12-2013, 11:03 AM
When a fresh EMD update happens, sites that have improved their content may regain good rankings. New sites with poor content or those previously missed by EMD may get caught.