PDA

View Full Version : Different Sitemaps for Yahoo and Bing

Jessicacis
08-02-2013, 05:43 AM
I want to know do we have to submit different sitemaps for yahoo and bing or is it the same xml file which is used for the google.

MikeQ
08-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Only using one xml sitemap would help for all the search engines I would say....

igrapablov
08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
It will not be worth the hassle i think. One effective site map is more than enough for all the engines

blessy_smith
08-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Yahoo & Bing like Google likes content - however lower quality links such as blog commenting and forum signatures have more value.

rediscoverindia
08-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Only one xml sitemap is helpful for all search engine. You can create xml sitemap from this link http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

steverandey
08-05-2013, 03:55 AM
A sitemap is a list of links which you want to be crawled by search engines. Submitting a sitemap can help to ensure that the important search engines crawl and index your pages, although it does not guarantee it. In this post I explain how to create and submit your sitemaps to important search engines.

Sitemaps allow a webmaster to tell search engines about URLs on a website that are available for crawling. A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It also allows webmasters to include additional information about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site.

This allows search engines to crawl the site more efficiently. Sitemaps are a URL inclusion protocol and complement robots.txt, a URL exclusion protocol. It is now possible to indicate a sitemap in the robots.txt.

CREATE A SITEMAP

First you should get the full sitemap to your site. You can create a sitemaps file in various ways. Google provides the Sitemap Generator program, which you can install on your Web server; it’s a Python script, so if you don’t know what that means, consider creating the file another way. Plenty of free and low-cost sitemap-creation tools are available, for example on-line sitemap generator, where you enter your page address and you get an XML sitemap out.

Often feeds are accepted, however you should make sure to use a complete feed, rather than a shortened, incomplete one, which is default. If the feed only includes a few recent posts, all others might not get indexed. In blogger you can't edit the robot.txt, but you can set up your default feed in the feed configurations.

For atom feeds, if you have less than 500 posts, a link to a complete feed would be atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500. This would usually appended to the base link of your site.

SASA techno
08-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Xml-sitemaps is the best platform for sitemap creation and yahoo and bing any other related tools is not using but that one is the best.

binarynpixel
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I think you should use only xml sitemap. its common for all search engine crawler.

terrijhon
09-10-2013, 01:33 AM
You can use the same sitemap for yahoo and bing. I think there is no difference.

Yedhu
09-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Thanks to all, Nice information sharing. Please keep on sharing.

jasonnathan90
10-07-2013, 01:58 AM
It permits the search engines for crawling the site very proficiently. Sitemaps are the URL insertion protocol and also match the robots.txt, the procedure of URL segregation.

edwardhardwicke
03-11-2014, 07:15 AM
The sitemaps are those protocols which help in the tactic of the search engine crawling. They are mainly used for the purpose of the insertion of URL.

Teamwork
03-19-2014, 06:34 AM
sitemap perform our website in SERP.

owen100
03-20-2014, 08:43 AM
whoa guys you give me a lot of information, I really thankful to all of you.

Olin Lamanna
03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
For dynamic sites, and sites with regular, multiple postings, the XML Sitemap is a shortcut for search engines to identify the new content on the site and index it accordingly as brillianthinking explained.

martintaylor06
11-27-2015, 05:48 AM
It allows the search engines for crawling the site very efficiently. Bing and Yahoo use the help page of Bing webmaster tools. Bing uses .org protocol as a standard sitemap.