PDA

View Full Version : Google has updated Penguin 2.1

rajivdevkk
10-05-2013, 03:22 AM
Google has updated Penguin 2.1. Google is called it spam filtering Algorithms. many sites' search engine results are affected by this Algorithms.

SASA techno
10-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Google Penguin 2.1 is launching today, according to a tweet from Google's Distinguished Engineer Matt Cutts.

The first update to the second-generation Penguin algorithm designed to target web spam will affect "~1% of searches to a noticeable degree."

Google Penguin 2.0 went live on May 22 and affected 2.3 percent of English-U.S. queries. When it launched, Cutts explained that while it was the fourth Penguin-related launch, Google referred to the change internally as Penguin 2.0 because it was an updated algorithm rather than just a data refresh.

Dilli Live
10-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Hello,

This penguin update affects 1% of web spam,All the best all of you.

Thank you.

happyshop
10-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Nice Post you have shared with us, which is really knowledgeable for us. It affects my sites almost.

satnam1234
10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
i completely agree to above post, Thanks.

Rado_Ch
10-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Brace yourselves, guys - quality websites are coming! :o

Penguin 2.1 was just the next logical step after the major Panda update from May this year. Its purpose is to encourage the "white hat" SEO techniques by further removing the benefits that the web spam (not email spam) was doing for page rank. A simple example would be the so called "keyword stuffing". Integrating thousands and thousands of keywords and their variations with the sole purpose of a higher rank should become redundant.

As someone mentioned, Matt Cutts announced earlier that around 1% of the sites would be affected globally. Although this is true, some parts of the world will suffer more than others. This is because there are languages that are spammed more heavily than others - for example around 3% of Arabic and Chinese websites would be affected, and even 5% for Polish language websites.

Now is the time for all you, creative writers, to shine :) Building a site with quality and unique texts, relevant and helpful content - this will be what will get your site more popular with Google and thus, the rest of the world.

PoolrepairLV
10-08-2013, 12:43 AM
This new move will force us to do more ethical SEO in the future. However, I can't understand why there are still who farm keywords and links at an excessive rate. : q :

LaughsHeal
10-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Basically it is for us, to get the better results. Spammers have to afraid of it as it for the spammy links.

604 (http://searchlooks.com/theme/thanksgiving/)

anjali_talking
10-09-2013, 02:36 AM
MY website is not affected by this update. :)

nrvaghela
10-09-2013, 04:39 AM
I think Penguin 2.1 and Hummingbird both updates have taken place within few days. Both the updates are related to Content only and it is affected around 1 to 2% on website content.

anupam27
10-09-2013, 08:46 AM
This update just made all of my keywords so down and now i had to work agian on them.

AshliSanchez
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks all for sharing your great information about Penguin updates....

AshliSanchez
10-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks all for sharing your great information about Penguin updates....

Qrops Pension Providers (http://www.gerardassociates.co.uk/)

seocrat
10-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Hello,

Yes you are right Penguin 2.1 is spam filtering algorithm and site which have unnatural, low quality and spammy links will get penalize.

Thank you.

anupam27
10-11-2013, 08:02 AM
This algorithm had made all my keywords to get down ..and i lost ranking of all of my keywords.

Rado_Ch
10-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I think Penguin 2.1 and Hummingbird both updates have taken place within few days. Both the updates are related to Content only and it is affected around 1 to 2% on website content.

Actually Penguin 2.1 was officialy released around 10 days ago, whereas Hummingbird was announced on Google's 15th anniversary at the end of September. Moreover it was said that it began operation around 1 month before that.

The Penguin updates, like the Panda update, was primarily targeted to fight Black Hat SEO and it certainly penalized 2-5% of websites. Hummingbird is more oriented to provide better client search and find relevant and quality content and not so much to give penalties to non-complying sites. This is why this particular update covered around 90% of websites worldwide and the way they are listed in search engines by certain criterion - for example some websites saw a devaluation of stuffed keywords, but the site itself suffered no significant changes. Its just all about optimizing our content to meet the specific needs of clients worldwide...and after all - isn't this what we are looking for? :rolleyes: