PDA

View Full Version : Changing domain name of the website

webcreations
02-15-2014, 02:46 AM
My website lost rankings in Google after last algorithm updates. I have removed all the bad links from it but still can not see any positive results for the website. Now I am planning to redirect the old domain to the new one. Is it possible to use the same content? Will it cause problems in indexing the new website? Will the content be considered as copied from the original domain? I am going to use keyword in new domain name. Will using keyword be beneficial in new domain? Please let me know if any other option is available besides changing domain name for better SEO results.

Rajiv_UDB
02-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Using Keywords in the domain name will not help you much. If you are doing 301 redirect then it will not be considered as copied content. Even there are chances you can change everything on your website will help you get he results.

jhony117
02-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Better is that make a new website and change you keyword and theme. Then start SEO Again with quality posts.

davidfranks
02-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Better is that make a new website and change you keyword and theme. Then start SEO Again with quality posts.

yes dear i agree with you
thanks for the post

jamesnixon487
03-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Change of domain name affect the ranking. But you can use the old one and redirect using 301 redirection till the new website is established in search results.