PDA

View Full Version : How frequently site content should be updated?

jerry123
12-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi Friends,

As I heard apart from link buildings and keywords, Google need content of site should be updated regularly. What is strategy for updated content?
Do we need to add extra pages? Extra pages can increase rank for existing pages? Do we need to add more content in existing pages after regular interval?
How frequently existing pages should be updated?

Please provide all advise related to updating content for site on regular interval.

Thanks

m8internet
12-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Ironically, it is the basic rules that work best

Make sure your URLs are friendly
website/about_us.htm rather than website/page2.htm
and so on

Update the index.htm page at least once a week
Update the daughter pages at least once a month

Use :
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1">
That way most search engines will revisit once a day

However, be cautious on updating your website daily
Editing and removing some words can result in your website jumping around the top 50 pages rather than having consistent placement

~ServerPoint~
12-25-2008, 05:29 AM
I agree with you google likes fresh content. But if web site is static you have nothing to do about it

neilsmall
12-27-2008, 06:10 PM
There is no time limit defined for content update, if your site is static nothing to do about it.

~ServerPoint~
12-29-2008, 04:45 AM
There is no time limit defined for content update, if your site is static nothing to do about it.
Not agree with you friend. Static web sites are the ones which have the biggest success in SEO field.

jessey85
02-10-2009, 02:41 AM

I totally agree with this.

My personal openion is that it is better to update site once a week with fresh unique content.

HostQuack
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello,

The more content the better. Always adding new content and building onto your site with new pages is the best thing you can do. Each new page you add to the site adds the possibility of more pages popping up on Google.

--
Cameron

Robdale
02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree with others... the more you update the content the better results you will have in search engines. Adding fresh content to the website is a plus point always.

shakir
03-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Whether the site is static / dynamic.. keep updating.. at least in week.. The site is not updated for lojng time then google will stop crawling and this will effect on SERP

adaliabarclay
05-02-2009, 07:55 AM

Yup true its all depend on search engines But its also depend on your site or blogs importance , if you have blog with pr 5 And you submit your RSS feed in Some Rss directories , like technorati.com And lot more Then Google index your new post or article in just 15 minute , because google blogsearch is basically RSS feed search and they Google update googleblog search in after every 15 minutes

Oracle
05-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Ya i agree with you all you should update your site content after a fixed time period since google likes those site in which the content is fresh and updated..

princecharles12
05-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Yup true its all depend on search engines But its also depend on your site or blogs importance , if you have blog with pr 5 And you submit your RSS feed in Some Rss directories , like technorati.com And lot more Then Google index your new post or article in just 15 minute , because google blogsearch is basically RSS feed search and they Google update googleblog search in after every 15 minutes

ya sure actually your information is very good

ok thanks

Jenie0109
05-20-2009, 05:02 AM
have a fresh content twice per week..at least

mani ge3e
06-30-2016, 11:43 PM
think the amount you charge should depend on the complexity of the site. On the low end of the scale, if you are writing flat html files that require you to edit them whenever the customer has a change in their inventory, that's not a