PDA

View Full Version : What is cloaking?

virendra
04-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Cloaking is a technique which is used in Black Hat SEO that enables to create two distinct pages where the page content being presented to search engine spider is different from that which is being presented to the user’s browser. These techniques do not come under the guidelines of search engines.

arianagrand
04-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Vierendra Nice to meet you!

Useful question ...

Cloaking in SEO is where you construct a script that sends back different pages depending on who or what is asking for the page.

For example if your cloaking script thinks that I am a regular user then I see your normal home page. If on the other hand it thinks that I'm, say, googlebot then it will return a page that has been specially designed for googlebot.

anirban09P
04-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Cloaking is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser. This is done by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header of the user requesting the page. When a user is identified as a search engine spider, a server-side script delivers a different version of the web page, one that contains content not present on the visible page, or that is present but not searchable.

jaysh4922
04-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Cloaking is a technique where in the content presented to the robot is different from that presented to the user's browser..

jackthomas087
04-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Hello Guys ..Clocking is a black hat SEO technique in which the content of the site reflects in 2 ways, it means the same content is looks different for the search engine and it looks different to the users, which is not good , the content of the site should be exactly same for the search engine and for the user ...

Thank you ..
Let Me Know Guys ...

rehal
04-10-2014, 02:15 AM
It is un-ethical black hat SEO technique. The programmer writes a content for search engine purpose, but not for the people. Consequently, the search engine sees one content, but visitor sees other content. It's violation of Google webmaster guidelines.

tarquinhall
04-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Cloaking is a method in which the content presented to the search robots in different form in human visitors.It is a technique Black Hat SEO, and are of many types, such as IP address Cloaking, User Agent Cloaking.

Ship497
04-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Showing of two different pages of the same url to the search engine bots and users is termed as cloaking. It is a Black Hat SEO techniques which leads to the penalization of a website by search engine.

rohit
04-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Cloaking is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that.presented to the user's browser. This is done by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header of the user requesting the page. When a user is identified as a search engine spider, a server-side script delivers a different version of the web page, one that contains content not present on the visible page, or that is present but not searchable.

shoponics
04-14-2014, 01:23 AM
According to me Cloaking is a trick to optimize your keyword which is used in Black Hat SEO that enables to create two distinct pages where the page content being presented to search engine spider is different from that which is being presented to the user’s browser. These techniques do not come under the guidelines of search engines.

Chhaya
04-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Cloaking is "a website that returns altered webpages to search engines crawling the site." In other words, a human reading the site would see different content or information than the Googlebot or other search engine robot reading the site.