PDA

View Full Version : What is better, OScommerce, zent card or magento?

Bull
02-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I came across many web hosting providers which specializes in e-commerce web hosting and only simplehelix.com met my expectations. It offers 100% applications compatibility, including magento, Zent card, OsCommerce, etc.
What do you think about the best e-commerce software? Is it magento or not?

Joseph88
03-18-2009, 04:49 AM
They have their own advantages in their way. There is no best ecommerce software. Just a best profer ecommerce software for a different online business. When choosing a shopping cart, make sure it is portable to other ecommerce platforms.

justina
03-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Yep dude, Magento e Commerce Customization is the best one for store development. I like one.

Robdale
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I think magento &OsCommerce are the best softwares for maintaining stores. Recently, one of my friend has purchased the magento and he is happy with it.

jacksan
03-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Try out http://www.zeuscart.com I have tried Zeuscart which is the best shopping carts. It's open source, search engine friendly and easy to use.

bob
03-24-2009, 07:00 AM
For easy installation of shopping cart through fantastico script installer, you can choose oscommerce, zencart or cubecart, these carts are supported by fantastico with cPanel hosting.

Alcatrazz
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I have to say that all of the carts do have documentations and trial periods. You just can do your own research and tests to try the services there.

~ServerPoint~
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I think that you need to do some research for the reviews.
I believe that comparision charts should exist

Robdale
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I like the Alcatrazz's suggestion. Trying the softwares would give you much idea about their service. Then, you can decide what to choose and best for your website.

Vec&sec
03-27-2009, 03:56 AM
If I were you, I would better choose magento web hosting. If I am not mistaken, a2hosting.com provides unmatched speed for magento and offers nice web hosting solutions at affordable price. You will also find discounts on their web site. It offers 30-day money back guarantee, so you can try its services.

Bull
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
I am thankful for your inputs. I have chosen a2hosting.com and think that magento commerce software will be the best for my project. The thing is that this company attracted me more than any other. Hope I have done a good decision. I will tell you about my experience soon.

BitCore Hosting
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Good luck!

Oracle
05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I think Zencart is easy to integrate and customize however to make a shopping cart search engine friendly you will need to find the Search Engine Optimization component available in the cart and optimize it and also do some cleaning work in coding. You should also develop keyword rich and Search Engine-friendly-Easy accessible content to make the cart Search Engine friendly.........

shennon
05-22-2009, 02:05 AM
I think magento &OsCommerce are the best softwares for maintaining stores. Recently, one of my friend has purchased the magento and he is happy with it.

yep... Magento ecommerce (http://www.squidoo.com/magento-ecommerce-development) is booming open source technology and becoming hot favorite for internet business communities. it’s the best around to build an attractive online store where everyone will enjoy shopping.

webmedia
05-23-2009, 01:50 AM
I think Megento is very good tool for e-commerce website. You can run many stores into a single database in Megento. If you want the easy tool for ecommerce thes it is OS-Commerce it is very easy to integrate it & manage its design.

steveareno
05-31-2009, 11:07 PM
I have personal experience with agoracart (agoracart.com) and recommend it. It's isn't fancy and probably doesn't do everything, but for a basic online store it works.

bob
06-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Well, I would like to hear some review about magento cart as well.

jballotti
06-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Several months ago I did an evaluation of different open source shopping cart. You can find the results here: http://ipicdg.com/EC/evaluation.html

shennon
06-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Well, I would like to hear some review about magento cart as well.

Hi,

Magento is a feature - rich eCommerce solution offering complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of an Online Store. It is the only platform in the market to come with out of the box solutions for multi-store strategy. It’s easy to manage multiple online stores and websites from one simple administrative panel.

The most important factor about Magento cart (http://www.semaphore-software.com/software-solution/magento-ecommerce-customization-design-development.htm) is it is SEO friendly. SEO friendly coding help your custom Magento website to gain high rankings in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. It gives you Auto generated Google Sitemap, Meta for your products and category pages and much more…

clint999
06-29-2009, 06:12 AM
I am thankful for your inputs. I have chosen a2hosting.com and think that magento commerce software will be the best for my project. The thing is that this company attracted me more than any other. Hope I have done a good decision. I will tell you about my experience soon.

weker
09-16-2009, 10:50 AM
For me it is magento, because it is very flexible.

BillEden
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Magento Widgets allow business users with no technical knowledge to easily add dynamic content (including product data, for example) to pages in Magento Stores. This allows for greater control and flexibility in creating informational and marketing content through administrator tools, enabling intuitive and efficient control of content such as:

1. Dynamic product data in Marketing Campaign Landing Pages
2. Dynamic Information such as Recently Viewed Items into Content Pages
3. Promotional images to position in different blocks, side columns and other locations throughout the storefront
4. Interactive elements and action blocks (external review systems, video chats, voting and subscription forms)
5. Alternative navigation elements (tag clouds, catalog image sliders)
6. Create interactive and dynamic flash elements easily configured and embedded within content pages for enhanced user experience
7. And lots more ...
What are Widgets?

Magento Widgets are frontend blocks with a predefined set of configuration options. These configuration options are displayed in a special edit form in the backend panel when a widget is being added or edited by a store owner. The ability to easily set widget configuration options allows for the full control of widget placement on a page to store owners.
Configuration options for selecting a product link widget to be inputted in the header of all product pages and in all Pages using a Three-Column layout
The Magento Community Edition Version 1.4, and the Enterprise Edition Version 1.6, facilitate the ease of using custom frontend extensions even more by introducing this new concept of customizable Magento Widgets, which can help Magento contributors and commercial extension developers provide more control over the frontend extension behavior and visual block placement to store owners.

How to Develop a Widget

Typically, developing a widget doesn’t differ much from developing a regular Magento extension which provides frontend functionality. If you want to allow a store owner to define different configuration options per block instance and to have full control over the placement of the block instance on a page (that also includes ability to add block into a CMS page or CMS static block) – the widget format will help you to do so.

Extension can then have any number of Magento Widgets. Widgets are typically related to the functionality which is provided by the extension itself. You can also develop widgets which add configuration options and placement control to the functionality which already exists in extensions.

Your Magento extension can also create and add pre-configured widget instances to defined pages right upon the extension installation.

You can package Magento extensions with widgets as you would any other extension and then upload them to Magento Connect under the Widgets category.

There is a new tutorial available in the Magento Knowledge Base which covers creating custom widgets:

* Tutorial: Creating a Magento Widget, Part 1 is a quick introduction to widget development which describes creating simple widgets for adding social bookmarking links on a page.
* Tutorial: Creating a Magento Widget, Part 2 introduces widget configuration options. You will learn how to define widgets configuration options that can be modified by a store owner and create another simple widget which adds a configurable list of bookmarking links on a page.

All the sample widgets described in the tutorial are available to download on Magento Connect. Please note that the widgets are compatible with Magento 1.4.0.0-alpha3 and up. You can also download the full source code of the sample widgets in archived format from the tutorial pages.Terminology

You can check the Magento Designer’s Guide Design Terminologies chapter to get a general understanding of the blocks concept.

1. Frontend Block – an element which creates the visual output either by assigning visual structure or by producing the actual content.
2. Magento Widget – a frontend block that implements a special widget interface which allows for having different configuration options per each block instance, and the ability to have multiple independent block instances on pages.
3. Magento Widget Instance – a concrete block on a single page or multiple pages which receives its configuration options as defined by a store owner in the backend. The same widget can be added to the frontend multiple times producing multiple instances of the same widget.
* Please note, that a single widget instance can also be added to multiple pages (with the same configuration options values) and managed as a single entity.

Widget Examples in Magento 1.4

Magento Widgets' flexibility provides many possible uses. Magento version 1.4 includes the following configurable widgets, and new widgets can be created by developers as detailed in the sections above.

1. CMS Page Link – displays a link to a selected CMS Page, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates are available for this widget – inline link and block template.
2. CMS Static Block – displays content of a selected static block.
3. Catalog Category Link – displays a link to a selected catalog category, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates (inline and block) are available.
4. Catalog Product Link – displays a link to a selected catalog product, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates (inline and block) are available.
5. Recently Compared Products - displays a block which contains recently compared products. This Widget allows for specifying the number of products to be displayed and has two templates available (product list or product grid view).
6. Recently Viewed Products - displays a block which contains recently viewed products. This Widget allows for specifying the number of products to be displayed and has two templates available (product list or product grid view).

sequencehosting
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I am a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and open source software.

bostermax
12-19-2009, 02:03 AM
I think zen card is better. I use ZenCart because it's a safer than OSC.

sequencehosting
12-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and add-ons.

jamesk
01-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Hey,

As our name says "First Trade Show (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/)", we are biggest supplier of trade shows and exhibits materials all across the United States. We have the most attractive pop up booths (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/exhibits.php), banner stands (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/exhibits_bannerstands.php), table top displays (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/exhibits_tabletop.php), portable exhibits (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/exhibits_portable.php), trade show graphics (http://www.firsttradeshow.com/graphics.php) and more. We make the show a huge success. We even provide some exhibit materials on rental basis, making it easier for the business starters. Visit us and we'll make it big!!

We sell portable trade show displays online. We have been using agoracart (agoracart.com) for years and are very happy with it. You can click the link in my signature to check out our estore which runs on agora cart. Feel free to stimulate the economy and buy a few portable trade show booths while you're at it. :)

IndiaHosting
01-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I was working for few days with an american guy for Magento sites and I think this are real good for Store as well as any many other features

Host pro
01-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and add-ons.

Zend cart as well. I do like os Commerce because of the looks of it but zend is more efficient and have more options.

zeeshan_2011
04-01-2010, 06:24 AM
i prefer you zencart.

lesya
04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Zen Cart is pretty good, Magento is great as well but it's more heavy and complicated, requires good hosting. A freind of mine has not that long ago used cart2cart service to move to Zen Cart and so far he's happy with the choice.

sanseo
04-19-2010, 05:13 AM
I have done some clients projects zent card, shopping card and personal label i feel very confidence on seo point of view.

magewidgets
04-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Magento is definitely the best open source and free ecommerce platform on the market. It is definitely more robust then zencart and definitely more scalable as well.

Ethan D
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I would personally have to go with Magento. I use it for my clients and my own business. Especially with the plugin available for it that allows you to be able to search on your site for products in the store and articles of the site:

You can learn more about it here. (http://www.winworld.com/blog/17-blog/148-winworlds-new-magento-product-search-plugin-approved-on-joomla-extension-directory-.html)

bachireddy
07-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Its all depends on your requirement...

I suggest OS Commerce is flexible for your application with many add-ons.

Jerin
07-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Magento is one of the newer shopping carts on the block but has already attracted a large following. The coding is based on the latest PHP 5 object oriented coding standards and the Zend framework.

boomsticks53
08-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Nice try to tell everybody. But i think it's better to choose one software as per your requirement...It'll be best for you. Good Luck.

Jerin
08-10-2010, 06:01 AM
In my opinion Magento is the best tool for ecommerce

telephoneadaids
08-10-2010, 02:26 PM
My personal recommendation: Magento. I started a clean install of ZenCart just this last week and found it HORRIBLY non-intuitive. I mean, it installed fine, but it seemed really confusing, not very well documented, and talk about poor SEO.

Magento took a little longer for me to install since there was no installer in CPanel, but just from a day of playing around with it I really like it. It seems much more in tune with what an average IMer would be looking for.

Dovecam.W
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I have been using Zen Cart for two years and once tried Magento, I didn't find there is big difference between those shopping carts.

Those shopping carts fully meet your requirements for your online store. So which shopping cart is used depends on your personal preference.

lesya
08-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Recently moved my client's store to Magento (Cart2Cart service helped me one more time!). He used osCommerce before. And he seems to be satisfied.

brainpulse
09-16-2010, 03:24 AM
first research in own business domain which one is most suitable, I personally like zencart , for store like clothing etc.

angel34pe
09-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Nice post it is, thanks for sharing here, its really an admirable work done by you,
Thanks for sharing, keep it up.

almedajohnson
09-18-2010, 05:12 AM
All of them their own pros and cons. You can choose anyone as per your need and requirment. I think zent has more better features of customization and support

Fondogo
09-22-2010, 02:07 AM
No doubt, magento is the best shopping cart software available in the Net.
There are many functions that are really useful for running e-shops.

LAKEL.AMBERT
10-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Free to download magento themes rapidly increasing nowadays, maybe this link will helps you a lot..

CKDavid
11-17-2010, 02:22 AM
i've heard lots of good things about OSC, so i'd prefer it. but currently im using Shopping Cart Elite (http://www.shoppingcartelite.com).

abraham baldwin
11-17-2010, 03:16 AM
for me zent card is good is easy to used

Sanveed
11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Yes go for Magneto, It has superior graphical interface and many other great features.

sohanderaz
11-24-2010, 10:50 AM
From my perspective, there is absolutely no comparison between Magento and zencart / osCommerce. A better question is: why wouldn’t you consider Magento? Once a production version of Magento is released, it should have far greater functionality and create a better overall user experience.

alexfrued
07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
OScommerce, Zen Cart, Magento are very popular and usable software for Ecommerce. But according to me Magento is Best for Ecommerce.

aditd
07-17-2011, 05:45 PM
One vote for magento from my side.

adraingomes252
07-23-2011, 02:42 AM
There is no most beneficial ecommerce software. It exactly a better profer ecommerce software for a different online business. When preferring a shopping cart, make sure it is portable to other ecommerce platforms.

rosstaylor987
08-03-2011, 02:09 AM
I reason magento &OsCommerce are the finest software for sustaining stores. In recent times, one of my friends has bought the magento and he is contented with it.

safira88
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Try out http://www.zeuscart.com I have tried Zeuscart which is the best shopping carts. It's open source, search engine friendly and easy to use.For easy installation of shopping cart through fantastico script installer, you can choose oscommerce, zencart or cubecart, these carts are supported by fantastico with cPanel hosting

carrhall
08-16-2011, 06:00 AM
I think Magento & OsCommerce is the best software maintenance shops. Recently a friend of mine bought Magento and is happy with it.

Aden Kevin
08-18-2011, 05:16 AM
They have a vested interest in their path. Not the best e-commerce software. Only the best e-commerce software uttered by a different company online. When you select the shopping cart, make sure that it is portable to other e-commerce platforms.

aaron.wallace
08-22-2011, 08:10 AM
I would recommend you Magento as it is more SEO friendly.

andrewshaw05
08-27-2011, 03:10 AM
They have their own advantages in their way. There is no better ecommerce software. It just a best prefer ecommerce software for a different online business. When preferring a shopping cart, make sure it is typewriter to other ecommerce platforms.

aaron.wallace
08-29-2011, 05:42 AM
According to me Magento and Zen Cart are the best ecommerce platforms.

markhardy20
10-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Magento &OsCommerce are the finest software that I consider for sustaining stores. I can say this as one of my friend is using the Magento.

joeowen83
10-12-2011, 12:45 AM
I reason magento &OsCommerce are the finest software for sustaining stores. In recent times, one of my friends has bought the magento and he is contented with it.

matthenry789
11-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Magento and osCommerce are the best software to take into account for the maintenance of the stores. I can say this is one of my friends are using the Magento.

gavinporter225
11-10-2011, 02:44 AM
For easy installation of shopping cart through fantastico script installer, you can choose oscommerce, zencart or cubecart, these carts are supported by fantastico with cPanel hosting.

JerrickYeoh
11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
zent cart is more easy to use compare to megento and os- commerce if you do not have knowledge to manage those shopping cart. If possible may try prestateshop as well.

dionslade87
12-19-2011, 05:16 AM

smith29
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM
I have no idea if you know please share with us.. Actually i heard about zent card and magento first time. i will search in google then we will discuss.

andresbrock399
01-03-2012, 03:33 AM
For easy installation of shopping cart through fantastico script installer, you can select oscommerce, zencart or cubecart; these carts are supported by fantastico with cPanel hosting.

patrickweston33
01-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Fantastico to install scripts easily installed through the basket, you oscommerce, zencart or cubecart you can choose, these carts cPanel Fantastico hosting, and is supported by:

seanbrock69
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Fantastico to install scripts easily installed through the basket, you oscommerce, zencart or cubecart you can choose, these carts cPanel Fantastico hosting, and is supported by:

carterlincoln11
01-09-2012, 02:04 AM
If you want to avoid difficulties while installing shopping carts, you can make it easy through fantastic script installer. You can select oscommerce, zencart or cubecart, these carts as they get help from fantastico with cPanel hosting.

andyjones937
01-13-2012, 03:52 AM
I need Magento & oscommerce is the best software to store. In recent years one of my friends bought the Magento and he was happy with it.

evandane968
03-09-2012, 03:39 AM

merryscanlan
03-12-2012, 01:05 AM
When you have any experience with online stores and want to start an online store then OsCommerce is the best choice for you. It looks like pretty simple and it has all the functions which anyone wants for sell online. Now days OSCommerce is the most famous shopping cart.

When you want more advanced and more flexible online tool for online store then Zen Cart is the best option. It is a little smaller in weight and it has everything essential for online business. All changes to the system are done through the admin panel.

johndouglas007
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Thank's to spend your time to share. This is what I (and others, I believe), really need. It's really very informative post. Please keep it up. Looking for more relevant post.

arturoflores154
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM
For simple fitting of shopping lug during fantastico writing installer, you can decide oscommerce, zencart or cubecart; these carts are supported by fantastico by cPanel hosting.

jakebarton931
06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
All of these three fantasticos are quite popular among the users. For installing the shopping with the help of fantastic script installer, you can select any of these fantastiscos are compatible.

lupinesteve
06-26-2012, 02:56 AM
The biggest reality of today's commercial scenario is that much of it is web driven. So businesses which thrive on e-commerce and depend on multiple servers have been benefited significantly by Magento development. Integrated with so many features, advantages and benefits Magento development is indeed able to compromise your ecommerce solution in the most prominent way.