PDA

View Full Version : Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?

rohit
07-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?
I have two domain extensions for my main site .ie and .com version. Like Example.com (This is my main site) and example.ie (it’s not indexed in Google).
My site is targeting not only in Ireland but also in UK and the .com version of site is well indexed in Google and I don't want to prefer that .ie version instead of .com version.

Only url is different, content and everything is the same. Is 301 redirection is needed for .ie version or do I want to add canonical tag to my .ie domain. Is this is a must?

or can I hide the .ie version using robot.txt?

schwa
07-30-2014, 04:12 AM
I guess so. Tho Google doesn't index your another website but I think it will index it sooner or later. Since you have 2 domains, why not add some unique contents for each one. And use one site to give the other site some back links, which will be good for your SEO. However, the premise is you should let Google believe that these 2 sites are not similar.

arianagrand
07-30-2014, 05:18 AM
if another two domain are redirect on the main domain that is beeter and you can also block two domain by robots.txt file. no create duplicate issue .

alexjames212
07-30-2014, 07:57 AM
You can block the ie domian. However, i believe that it would be ideal to use 301 redirections. As it is the effective strategy that can pass link juice to the respective domain completely. You can block the ie extension using webmaster so that its not indexed in google, also see that you use 301 redirections.

uthra
08-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?
I have two domain extensions for my main site .ie and .com version. Like Example.com (This is my main site) and example.ie (it’s not indexed in Google).
My site is targeting not only in Ireland but also in UK and the .com version of site is well indexed in Google and I don't want to prefer that .ie version instead of .com version.

Only url is different, content and everything is the same. Is 301 redirection is needed for .ie version or do I want to add canonical tag to my .ie domain. Is this is a must?

or can I hide the .ie version using robot.txt?

If you are using the same content for two different domain URL,any one of the website would get low search ranking due to Google Panda Algorithm.So just make the unique content for your two websites.