PDA

View Full Version : What is the use of Bot Filtering in Google Analytics?

uthra
08-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Yesterday (31.7.2014) Google announced new settings for Bot Filtering in Google Analytics.What is the use of Bot Filtering in Google Analytics?

onlinebigboss
08-01-2014, 08:33 AM
this new word for me i have no idea about this topic sorry for this

Ezio
08-02-2014, 01:04 AM
I think this blog will help you to understand your query.. http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2358054/Google-Analytics-Helps-You-Filter-Spider-and-Bot-Traffic. Must read.

Bestseoservices
08-02-2014, 08:04 AM
I dont know Exact Answer , but i am Study one article about bot filter like "Bot Filtering backend will exclude hits matching the User Agents named in the list as though they were topic to a profile filter. This will allow you to determine the real number of visitors that are returning to your site. "

GeethaN
12-09-2020, 03:03 AM
In an update to Google Analytics, bot traffic will be automatically filtered out of reports for Web + App properties. “In App + Web properties, traffic from bots and spiders is automatically excluded. This ensures that your Analytics data, to the extent possible, does not include events from known bots.”

jayam
12-11-2020, 10:41 AM
In an update to Google Analytics, bot traffic will be automatically filtered out of reports for Web + App properties. “In App + Web properties, traffic from bots and spiders is automatically excluded. This ensures that your Analytics data, to the extent possible, does not include events from known bots.”

jayammrg
12-11-2020, 10:52 AM
This feature will automatically filter all spiders and bots on the IAB/ABC International Spiders & Bots List from your data. ... You won't be able to SEE the actual list they're using, but you can exclude visits from bots on their list from showing up in your Analytics.

chandrao7
12-11-2020, 10:58 AM
The easiest way to keep bot traffic out of your Analytics reports is to use Google's automatic filter. To set up this filter, go to your view settings and check the box that says “Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders.”