PDA

View Full Version : What is robots.txt?

eagleeye dental
09-11-2014, 12:59 AM
What is robots.txt?

jaysh4922
09-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Robot.txt is an on-page SEO technique and it is basically used to allow for the web robots also known as the web wanderers, crawlers or spiders. It is a program that traverses the website automatically and this helps the popular search engine like Google to index the website and its content.

Emili
09-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Robots.txt is a text (not html) file you put on your site to tell search robots which pages you would like them not to visit. Robots.txt is by no means mandatory for search engines but generally search engines obey what they are asked not to do.

jayanta1
09-12-2014, 01:53 AM
A robots.txt file restricts access to your site by search engine robots that crawl the web. Robots.txt is a text (not html) file you put on your site to tell search robots which pages you would like them not to visit.

CarolinaFlores
09-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Robots.txt is the text file which is uploaded on website server to indicate google that which pages will be crawl which is not.

naveenkumar47
09-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Hello everybody i have my own website and there some pages in website that do want to show in search engine because there some pending work in pages so what i can do?

soulspotter
09-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Set up a robot.txt file is a part of on-page optimization. This file is used to set the restriction for search engine spider, crawler, and algorithm that what to index/crawl or what to not?

Stuart Spindlow
09-15-2014, 03:07 AM
Generate effective robots.txt files that help ensure Google and other search engines are crawling and indexing your site properly.

nilam-shah
11-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Robots.txt is a text (not html) file you put on your site to tell search robots which pages you would like them not to visit. Robots.txt is by no means mandatory for search engines but generally search engines obey what they are asked not to do. It is important to clarify that robots.txt is not a way from preventing search engines from crawling your site........