PDA

View Full Version : Shift hosting and ranking of a site

SAP Online
12-21-2014, 10:21 PM
MY site is ranked well for some keywords. I want to shift hosting service. Will it effect ranking of my web site

Sahujain
06-11-2015, 09:15 AM
hosting server speed is fast than your saite ranking is good, if your site is hosted on slow server then ranking is down.

kaufenpreis
08-03-2015, 05:59 AM
Switching web hosts will not affect your web site ranking in any way.

There is only one thing that you should take into consideration. When you change your domain's DNS by pointing it from one server to another, there is a propagation period before the new changes take effect. You should not bring the old website down until you are 100% sure that search engine crawlers are already indexing your website on the new server. A safe course of action would be to:

1. Migrate your web site along with all the content and data to the new server.
2. Change the primary domain name's DNS to point to the new server.
3. Observe the new server log for visits from search engine crawler bots.
4. When you notice that the search engine crawlers are indexing the web site on the new server, it is safe to bring the old one down.

webdesign123
05-24-2016, 04:36 AM
hosting server speed is fast than your saite ranking is good, if your site is hosted on slow server then ranking is down.

Walteradams
09-08-2016, 07:39 AM
We continue our Search Engine Marketing Fundamentals sequence of content this week with a query from a professional that is working with the process of shifting a web site to another variety and possibly upgrading the cms and design.