PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between directory submission search engine submission?

rajesh01
04-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Hi all

As an seo executive I come across the seo off page activity of directory submission and search engine submission. Finding the best answer that what is the difference between the directory submission and search engine submission. I am not finding the difference in both activities. If anyone know make a reply.

edwina
04-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Directories can be human edited and submission can be automatic.

rajesh01
04-16-2015, 08:05 AM
I am working in an SEO Company Delhi (http://www.samyakonline.net/). As i come across these question daily that why I have Posted. Not satisfied with the reply. Directory and Search Engine Submission are done by human only. So whats the main different in between them?

seairexim
04-17-2015, 06:57 AM
1. Directory Submission is basically used to increase website back link and these back links could help us to improve our keywords ranking into the SERPs. While search engines submissions are used only to index our URL to particular search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.

2. Directory submission is used for a website, Most of directories accept only one URL from a website either home page or internal page while search engine submission is for particular an URL. Means we can submit 1000 of URL from a same website into the search engines.

bangalorewebgur
04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Search engine:
A search engine, such as Yahoo or Google, is an online tool that helps users of the Internet find the sites and information.
search directory:
A search directory, such as Yahoo Pages, is a catalog of websites organized by category to allow users to easily browse for the information they need.

bankexchangerat
04-23-2015, 02:42 AM
Search engines, such as HotBot, create their listings automatically. Search engines crawl the Web, then allow people to search through what they have found.

A directory such as Yahoo! depends on people for its listings. You submit a short description to the directory for your entire site, or editors write one for sites they review. A search looks for matches only in the descriptions submitted.

RH-Calvin
04-23-2015, 02:47 AM
Directory submission is submitting your website to various web directories to build backlinks and generate traffic. On the other hand search engine submission is also a type of directory submission, but here the website is submitted to search engine directories like Yahoo directory and DMOZ directory listing. Submitting and getting approved in search engine directories help to build your website authority and rank in search engines.