PDA

View Full Version : What is Keyword dilution?

sandywells
05-12-2015, 07:50 AM
What is Keyword dilution?

jamesjennifer
05-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Nice Thread, i am hearing first time about keyword dilution.

rvtrainingchd
05-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Keyword dilution happens when the spectrum of keywords on a page / site are so unrelated that not only do they fail to cross-optimize but they dilute each other’s impact on the site.

RH-Calvin
05-13-2015, 03:38 AM
Keyword dilution happens when a website or a webpage has poor or no keyword focus.

WebOutGateway
05-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Keyword dilution is when you you put many same keywords or phrases in your title, page heading, sub headers, file name and many repeating times on the same page. Keyword dilution is listed to be a SEO worst practices technique.

bangalorewebgur
05-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Keyword dilution happens when the band of keywords on a page / site are so unrelated that not only do they fail to cross-optimize but they dilute each other’s impact on the site

Raff Harris
05-13-2015, 08:18 AM
I am targeting several keywords on my homepage. On the homepage, there is an area that highlights 3 other parts of the site, 1 of these sections being the internal page in question. My title tag contains part of a keyword that I am targeting on the internal page. The internal page has a full long tail keyword where the homepage only uses 2 of the words. When I type in the long tail keyword, most of the results point to the homepage, and not the internal page that includes the entire long tail keyword.