PDA

View Full Version : Old Strategies Still Work to Rank Keywords?

PhilipsEl
06-30-2015, 02:15 AM
I am wondering does forum posting, blog commenting, and web directory submission still work to rank keywords? Most of the top SEO experts are saying these are old strategies and don't work in today's trend. What's your say about this?

WebOutGateway
06-30-2015, 06:01 AM
Hi there!

Forum posting, blog commenting, web directory submission might not help a huge change in your ranking but these strategies can let you have a good quality backlinks and may lead to increase traffic. Remember that SEO is not an easy task and every little thing (like these strategies) can change. :)

rajivdevkk
06-30-2015, 07:26 AM
These seo Factors will effect on your search engine results pages, when it do quality basis. quality basis backlinks is important for the site.

deepakrajput
06-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Yes, Old SEO technique still works if you are doing them manually & in quality.

Natalie Dormer
06-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Of course not these are not still effective in SEO but you can give a try to relevant forum post only.
Else concentrate on content marketing and social media.

seojesica
06-30-2015, 12:13 PM
i think some old technique is still working, but you can use very carefully.

PhilipsEl
07-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Hi there!

Forum posting, blog commenting, web directory submission might not help a huge change in your ranking but these strategies can let you have a good quality backlinks and may lead to increase traffic. Remember that SEO is not an easy task and every little thing (like these strategies) can change. :)

I agree with you @WebOutGateway. But I believe there is no absolute SEO strategy? I mean everyone is guessing but no one can guarantee any certain strategy... is that right?

Yes, Old SEO technique still works if you are doing them manually & in quality.

Yes I think these strategies would work if it's done manually.

i think some old technique is still working, but you can use very carefully.

Can you please explain what precausions should people follow?

Of course not these are not still effective in SEO but you can give a try to relevant forum post only.
Else concentrate on content marketing and social media.

Thanks but not sure if social media is an effective channel to bring leads. I mean they are great to bring visitors but we are not getting leads from social channels.

netster
07-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Directory listings are not as effective these days ...

wennykev
07-23-2015, 07:46 AM
To achieve top rankings you need to convince the search engines that you are the most relevent site for the keywords that you are optimising for. There are two main ways to do this, which are on page and off page factors.
On page is about dotting the i's and crossing the t's. This is creating relevent titles, metas, keyword density, strong tagging, site interlinking, creating a site map, uploading robot text files to your site. SEO takes up to 6 months to achieve top rankings. However, it is a very profitable. You can even hire experts from websites like SEOclerks, listingdock etc.

MitraVarghese
07-27-2015, 03:50 AM
Forum posting, blog commenting, web directory submission are important tasks for seo but in 2015 there are new tasks introduced which are more affective like Blogging,Video promotion,Search engine submission,social bookmarking,cross linking,local business listing are some new tasks of 2015.

fakhruddin.ewc@
07-27-2015, 05:14 AM
these Strategies still working and these are play big role in ranking factor.

stevenwatson011
07-28-2015, 02:14 AM
yes you can say that because forums, bookmarking and other old services are still going.

jane1
09-17-2015, 06:25 AM
I would like to say that some old techniques such as forum posting, bookmarking, directory submission and post free ads still works.

RH-Calvin
09-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Content is the main criteria today to promote your keywords rank them higher in search engines. Content marketing can help to rank keywords faster in search engines and also generate traffic to your website.

mani ge3e
09-19-2015, 12:43 AM
In today's modern competitive world every business enterprise wants to see their website on the initial page of Google for a given individual term. In this period of tough online and marketing competition, it deserves an utmost importance to pay attention on the process of latest update for SEO, as higher the frequency of a site in the organic search results, higher will be its number of visitors. As a part of the effective internet marketing and promotional strategy, latest update for SEO includes the working of search engines, terms or keywords entered into search engines and which search engine is used by majority of the targeted consumers. Here are some of the tips to know about how to rank key word fast in search engine.
1. You need to acquire some basics in place before you can actually hope to rank your keyword fast in search engine. These pre requisites are:
. A reputed and professionalized website.
. A customized network to draw on (a blog following, an audience on social networks like Facebook and twitter).
2. Carry out your initial keyword research. Now you can further think about what keyword you want to target, but initially you need to check your instincts. Use several keyword tools to get a sense of the search volume for the keyword as well as the competition before you finalize your keyword choice. Your main considerations will probably include:
. Choosing a keyword with good volume, but not too much volume.
. Choosing a keyword that's relevant to your business model.
3. Check out for the availability of competition. Once you have settled upon your keyword, then subsequently you need to do a search for it on search engine see what is the actual competition going on. You need to pay special attention towards:
. The domain names and Uniform Resource Locators.
. The titles.
. The type of content that is to be ranked.
. The types of businesses that are ranking.
. How authoritative those sites are.
4. Further, you need to consider the intent. The more specific the keyword it is easier to gauge the searcher's intent, and the easier it will be to serve up what those searchers are probably looking for. In the process of placing keyword fast in search engine, "intent" is one of the best guess at what the person is using to search the query he really wants. Consider the particular keywords and notice how much easier it is to guess the intent from the words alone as you go down the list:
. glasses
. eyeglasses
. discount eyeglasses
. discount eyeglasses frames
. discount eyeglasses frames for kids
5. Analyze. Also if after a couple of weeks or so, you are still not ranking for the right keywords on the search engine, then you have more work to do now. Assure, that your content:
. Is truly high-quality
. Is truly detectable

itznehamali
09-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Nice information, Thanks everyone for sharing your views. some old techniques are still useful, you have to earn backlinks instead of creating backlinks