PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between a visit and a session?

ajay49560
07-24-2015, 01:58 AM
Hello Friends,

Please give right solutions.....

cwvps
07-24-2015, 01:16 PM
I've found great definitions: "A visit is a series of page requests with a gap of no more than 30 minutes between each one. This bit about the duration is key -- if there was no limit on the amount of time between page requests, I could return to your site after a week and it would still be the same visit."
"A session is a series of page requests from the same domain. In other words, if you left the site, the session would be over.
(http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/7862.asp#5v6XKTUUwjoIjBvV.99)

Hope it helps!

stevenwatson011
07-28-2015, 02:26 AM
great buddy thanks for sharing

Ravisharma
07-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Visit is a series of page requests with a gap of no more than 30 minutes between each one. This bit about the duration is key -- if there was no limit on the amount of time between page requests, I could return to your site after a week and it would still be the same visit."
Session is a series of page requests from the same domain. In other words, if you left the site, the session would be over.

webdesign123
05-24-2016, 07:00 AM
I think Google introduced session because of log in feature in chrome and firefox. If one user visits a website on desktop while logged in and next time he visits the same website in mobile logged in with same account it is not different user. So it is not visit but it is different session from same visitors. So you can say visitors should be considered as outreach not the sessions. Sessions are more like page views which represents user engagement. This is what I understand.

ragulaussie
05-25-2016, 03:35 AM
User click on a particular web page is known as Visit.
Session is calculated as a user visits a webpage/website within certain period of time regularly and IP.

veraajverma
05-25-2016, 04:14 AM
Visit is when a user landing on your webpage and session is a time period a user spend on a website.

syedmuddassar
05-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Sessions counts only the number of times a page is being visited or opened. Visits depend upon the time frame of each visit. For example if 30 min is the duration than in that interval the number of sessions is counted to be one visit.

ShreyaKoushik
12-09-2016, 02:32 AM
Click - A click is a term generally used in connection with campaigns because the most important information is - how many times did a particular campaign ad bring a visitor to my site?

Visits – The number of visits to your website. A single unique visitor could be responsible for many if about an hour passes between them taking action (eg they leave your website open on a tab in their browser and forget about it until they click on it an hour later).

nancy07
12-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Visit refers to the number of time the user visit the page. A session refers to the active user on a particular page.

Session and visit are two different things. When a user clicks on a web page or website then it is called as visit and the time duration which the user stay, called a session.