PDA

View Full Version : What are SEO Stop Words?

Jackandrew
08-11-2015, 06:18 AM
Can anybody tell me about what is SEO stops words? and How can we avoid them?

riprook7
08-11-2015, 07:17 AM
I have no ideas.

WebOutGateway
08-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Hi Jackandrew!

Stop words are the words ignored by search engines. It is a very common words or adjectives that can hinder your SEO efforts. I provided you the list of stop words, see the link below. To avoid them, just stop using those words and try another term closely related to those words.

http://blogs.iit.edu/iit_web/files/2013/04/stop_words_list.pdf

Hope it would help you. :)

James_Tarrier
08-12-2015, 01:06 AM
Stop words are very common words or adjectives that can hinder your SEO efforts. Words such as, ‘of ‘ , ‘or’, ‘the’ etc. interfere with your SEO efforts because they use up precious character space, especially when creating web page titles.

joshaidan
08-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Avoiding using Stop words also in your titles and make it consize because google consider a maximum length of 70 characters for seo friendly titles while rest will be chopped off so if you are using more of these stop words in your titles than it might happen google might miss your keyword and might get chopped off and your keyword density will fall down because of stop words usage in post titles.

dennis123
08-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Most search engines do not consider extremely common words in order to speed up search results or to save disk space. These filtered words are known as "Stop Words". ex. a,able,about, just, known

jiteshmanaktala
08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
In order to speed up their searches and to save disk space, search engines like Google don’t record and never give much importance to stop words. In internet Stop words are commonly used words that are filtered out from natural language data. For example is, was, that, and, how and what are some common stop words.

Raff Harris
08-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Can anybody tell me about what is SEO prevents words? and How can we prevent them?

irfan
08-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi Jackandrew!

Stop words are the words ignored by search engines. It is a very common words or adjectives that can hinder your SEO efforts. I provided you the list of stop words, see the link below. To avoid them, just stop using those words and try another term closely related to those words.

http://blogs.iit.edu/iit_web/files/2013/04/stop_words_list.pdf

Hope it would help you. :)

A lots of thanks for sharing this wonderful attachment

daviddakarai
08-13-2015, 01:26 AM
Stop words are very common words or adjectives that can hinder your SEO efforts. Words such as, 'of', 'or', 'the' etc. Interfere with your SEO efforts because they use up precious character space, especially when creating web page titles.

chandersood
08-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks for important information

anirban09P
08-14-2015, 12:21 AM
anybody knows about what is seo stops words? and how can we avoid them?

harikri
08-14-2015, 12:46 AM
I also try to avoid put stop words in the title but some people will look for 'property for sale' iso of 'property sale' so I added the stop word in it and try to see if it makes changes in SERPS.