PDA

View Full Version : How often do google spiders read the sitemap?

davidho
04-05-2016, 06:50 PM
How often do google spiders read the sitemap?

RH-Calvin
04-06-2016, 02:11 AM
No one can predict the activities of Google spiders. They have their own time and activity to crawl through webpages and sitemaps to index them in search engines.

learn2do
04-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Not so fast, I think google spiders pay more attention to big, high PR websites than small sites. If you are owning a small/medium website, you better submit the sitemap to Google Web Master by yourself.

usman4864
04-24-2016, 01:25 AM
Their no any confirm time when they crawl site and index in Google.

sagarhomes
04-24-2016, 05:36 AM
The spiders have their own way of crawling sites. Many SEO professionals believe that if you update content regularly on the website, the sites will be crawled regularly.
I have found this to be incorrect from my experience. If the site is spammy with lots of spammy links, then google does not index the site often even if you update content regularly. On the other hand, if you have a good site, google does crawl it often. Quality and spam free content is the key.

jayashree-marg
04-25-2016, 12:39 AM
It is unpredictable and sometimes even the frequency set for crawling matters.

Sonika11Mehra
04-29-2016, 03:39 AM
A Sitemap does not affect the actual ranking of your pages. Which means that you can put your Sitemap just about anywhere as long as Note that cross-submissions may not work for search engines other than Google.

Bluesky94
04-29-2016, 04:12 AM
No one can predict the activities of Google spiders. They have their own time and activity to crawl through webpages and sitemaps to index them in search engines.

Really? If I install some plugin maybe maybe it faster than before?

benben1
10-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Overall, monthly Sitemap submissions will work for most sites. We've worked with lots of large sites with dynamic content and submitting only monthly didn't hurt. If you're trying to be at the bleeding edge of optimization, however, more frequently might be worthwhile. The nice part is that you can test what works, try different intervals and see if your search referrals jump up/down because of it.

dennis123
10-06-2016, 01:29 AM
If your site is new, you can submit your sitemap to google webmaster and fetch your page as google. Usually the crawling is done within 1 week or in some cases it can take a month.