PDA

View Full Version : SEO optimization tips for Bing search engine

seoman
08-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Bing is gaining popularity and within a short period of time this search engine has surpassed Yahoo and almost giving stiff competition to Google.

There are more users logging into Bing every single day. Some of the cool things about Bing is that it is QUICK and has a better USER INTERFACE.

However, there is a significant different in the way Google and Bing rank websites. If you are planning to optimize your website for Bing then you need to consider these following tips.

1. Domain Age – Bing gives preference to your domain’s age. Google on the other also gives preference to domains which are old.

2.On-Page Optimization/Off-Page Optimization – Google gives more preference to Off-Page optimization rather than on-page optimization. Bing on the other hand gives more preference to On-Page SEO optimization rather than Off-page optimization

3.Text Density – Bing gives preference to keyword density of your content. If you are targeting a particular keyword and your keyword density for that keyword is abysmally low then you wont be able to rank too high on Bing.

4.TITLE is more important – Although Google does gives preference to keywords in TITLE, Bing entirely focuses on TITLE of any given webpage to decide whether it should be ranking at page 1 or Page 8. Therefore make sure to add your important keywords in the TITLE. Also you should abstain from artificial keyword stuffing. Several keywords are semantically considered as same. Take for example, Search engine optimization company, and SEO marketing company are semantically connected with each other. If you are ranking high for one combination, you will also rank for other combination.

~ServerPoint~
08-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Nice article.
Thanks for the posting
But have one question

1. Domain Age – Bing gives preference to your domain’s age. Google on the other also gives preference to domains which are old.

If the domain name is not indexed but was registered 8 years ago would that be considered as good option?

Jenie0109
08-03-2009, 05:35 AM
words that sticks to my mind when we do optimization in Bing... "ON PAGE OPTIMIZATION"

cruise05
08-10-2009, 06:57 AM
I've also noticed that Bing indexes pages more and uses a different algorithm than before. This is particularly helpful for sites to get SERP.

austinjames
08-11-2009, 11:04 AM
its good!
so are we considering it now?
I actually haven't considered it. :p
OMG! another workload.

bob
08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I heard Bing search results are heavily weighted with keywords in domain name, those having keywords in their domain name would get more leverage at Bing's SERPs. :)

martysilver22
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for those pointers, I'm really glad to read about this, because usually people just talk about how to rank well in Google. Now Bing could be putting on the competition, which I think will be better for everyone. All of these points are things that are good practice for Google as well.

Jenie0109
08-14-2009, 04:43 AM
be sure you have no broken links in your website ,MSN/BING Bot wont be able to index your website successfully

bob
08-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Microsoft stated the following guideline in regards to follow the SEO efforts in response to Bing:

"The type of SEO work and tasks webmasters need to perform to be successful in Bing haven’t changed — all of the skills and knowledge that webmasters have invested in previously applies fully today with Bing. Moreover, investments in solid, reputable SEO work made for Bing will bring similar improvements in your website’s page rank in Google and Yahoo! as well".

I think you should carry on the SEO efforts what you are already doing for other search engines and that be followed by Bing too.

radhey
08-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Hello there, thanks for sharing this useful information, its very useful for optimizers which want to do SEO for bing search engine.

Jenie0109
08-17-2009, 02:15 AM
basically... im doing same strategy in all SE :)

shakir
08-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Almost telling about on page.. nothing about off page.. why BING do not like off page ...

Jenie0109
08-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Almost telling about on page.. nothing about off page.. why BING do not like off page ...

BING do like OFF Page ... the articles explains what Bing Bot prefers most...

Alpha Aleta
09-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi

With search engines ranking as a top traffic driver for many blogs and content sites, optimizing a site for search engine exposure is an increasingly critical component of any online marketing effort. Search engine optimization, or "SEO," means using technical and not-so-technical techniques to make sure that people searching for topics you write about will find your site.

gotorightway123
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I have also noticed that Bing indexes pages uses a different algorithm than before. This is particularly helpful for sites to get...

Jenie0109
09-17-2009, 03:59 AM
I have also noticed that Bing indexes pages uses a different algorithm than before. This is particularly helpful for sites to get...

different algorithm? like?

bryansmith
10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks for sharing the nice article with us. I usually prefer google and works for it. I feel if we rank well in google then surely will rank on other search engines also either its bing or yahoo.

incomecracker
12-23-2016, 04:22 AM
thank you for your post..very nice