PDA

View Full Version : URL redirection help

williamstinner1
07-13-2016, 03:02 AM
URL redirection help

hiii
we have a website called as xyz.com now we are changed domain name XYZ to ABC

Domain redirection is done, but my dough is we have few links in the previous domain that are ranked in google.
Now we are renaming the previous URLS, So how can I redirect that previous URL to new URL.

Example:

xyz.com/html/introduction (old) this URL is indexed in google and have some rank.

Now we want to change introduction page URL name to introduction with versions

Example: abc.com/html/introduction-and-versions (NEW )

In this case how can I redirect the previous URL to NEW URL.

IF you have any reference can you please attach with answers.

seomarqetrix
07-13-2016, 03:23 AM
I am also waiting for this answer.

RH-Calvin
07-18-2016, 04:33 AM
301 is the best redirection for a webpage. It is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

hemaweb
07-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Great post,Thanks for sharing this post!

janpaul7890
07-19-2016, 03:26 AM
With the help of .htaccess you can redirect 301 old url to new url permanently.

nancy07
07-19-2016, 06:45 AM
When a web browser attempts to open a URL that has been redirected, a page with a different URL is opened. Similarly, domain redirection or domain forwarding is when all pages in a URL domain are redirected to a different domain, as when wikipedia.com and wikipedia.net are automatically redirected to wikipedia.org.

riprook7
07-19-2016, 07:17 AM
301 is the best redirection for a webpage. It is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

Thank you for sharing this information

sadianisar
07-19-2016, 09:31 AM
You have to apply 301 redirection but carefully because once you place a 301 redirection, then it means it will be moved permanently.