PDA

View Full Version : How is Ahrefs rank calculated?

druckexpert
07-13-2016, 04:17 AM
I'm just curious how the AHrefs rank and the domain rating are calculated. I have seen quite a large drop recently for no apparent reason and want to find out why.

josephinek
07-13-2016, 07:04 AM
Ahrefs Rank is calculated as the impact of all backlinks with different link juice to a given page. Every URL has its AR.

onlineuae
07-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Domain Rank (DR)'s calculations aren't openly discussed by Ahrefs ( as far as i aware ). However, this is purely a link based metric, therefore Ahrefs will calculate how authority is passed from one site to another based on the links they have indexed.

Ahrefs DR is arguably the highest correlating link metric out of MOZ, Majestic and Ahrefs at around 76% based on a number of search queries.

However, it's always good to keep an eye on them all.

As for your drop, this may be an update that Ahrefs has made to their algorithm for DR or it may be as a result of a change in your link profile.

Looking at my score, it hasn't changed recently. I have spoken to Ahrefs recently and they say a historical view of DR is on it's way and something they are working on.

gaiasagrada
07-18-2016, 09:41 AM
A website’s internet look for results positioning relies on more than 200 different aspects and many more connections. Google or other popular google never reveal all position aspects. But, over time and thousands of tests, SEO experts have discovered the major position aspects and connections that determine a website’s worth.

marisalewis24
07-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Domain Rank (DR)'s calculations aren't openly discussed by Ahrefs ( as far as i'm aware ). However, this is purely a link based metric, therefore Ahrefs will calculate how authority is passed from one site to another based on the links they have indexed.

jayashree-marg
07-19-2016, 12:49 AM
It is calculated based on how authority is passed from one site to another based on the links they have indexed.

Walteradams
07-19-2016, 04:14 AM
Ahrefs Position is measured as the effect of all back-links with different back-links to a given web page. Every URL has its AR.