PDA

View Full Version : how big is Dedicated?

pnguyen
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
how to find the right dedicated for your small business?

~ServerPoint~
09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
I belive you are getting started with your own business...
In this case I would recommend you get started with simple shared web hosting account

Hosting India
09-04-2009, 06:32 AM
If you want to have a Dedicated server hosting and your business is small enough, you are on then way to waste your bugs ;), rather you should identify your needs and if you think you should have a similar kind of hosting package, you should Move to VPS hosting. When your business grows and eventually your business needs grow, you can move to Dedicated Server Hosting

Wade
09-07-2009, 04:19 PM
The best way would be to actually go for a simple and basic VPS with any of the providers who provide good service. If the server is small for you; you can always upgrade it. Also, if you dont have the experience to manage the server/ or time manage the server then you can look out for a provider who can provide you with managed server plans as a topup to the server plan.

Bull
09-08-2009, 04:12 AM
I can agree that it will be much better to order VPS hosting solution if your requirements are not so huge. And if you are in search of reliable place where you can order affordable and uninterrupted hosting services, I can recommend you to check several web hosting providers which I consider to be good ones:

Apthost.com

VPSland.com

Iwhic.com

I can assure you that having compared these companies offers, you will find the best place where you will be able to host your web sites and keep them always online.

~ServerPoint~
09-08-2009, 04:25 AM
That could be shared web hosting as well. I said above. But you need to know what you are looking for in requirements. Or you will have dedicated server and pay for that in full and use 1% of it.

MiguelSingleHop
09-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree you should probably start with a shared solution for, than move to a VPS and than unto a dedicated server if needed. The only thing to keep in mind when looking for a solution is to determine your projects resource needs, as well as to find a company that is suitable. Some questions to ask yourself are, what kind of OS will be needed? Will there be a need for root access to the solution to upload unique applications or configure things differently? Will a control panel be needed? What is the budget for the project? There are many hosting companies that can assist with getting you a quote, but be prepared to provide an idea as to what will be required to run your project efficiently.

Hosting India
09-23-2009, 02:18 AM
What is personally feel is shared hosting is not a good choice at any point of time, looking at the risk involved in shared hosting, speed, bandwidth and many issues.I would again recommend you VPS hosting or else, go for the dedicated ones

RH1
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Hosting India - How about cost. How would one starting out with only needs of lets say 30 MB space and 100 GB bandwidth need a VPS or dedicated server? Theres a place for a bit of everything for everyone in something

AHN-Jay
09-23-2009, 11:50 PM
In my opinion the best way to know if you are ready for a Dedicated server is to start off with a VPS. If you notice you need something more powerful, upgrade the VPS. If you need a system even more powerful then upgrade to a Dedicated.

rumsfo
09-24-2009, 05:20 AM
In my opinion the best way to know if you are ready for a Dedicated server is to start off with a VPS. If you notice you need something more powerful, upgrade the VPS. If you need a system even more powerful then upgrade to a Dedicated.

Why don't start with shared and them VPS, dedicated etc?

Vec&sec
10-10-2009, 03:51 AM
First of all you need to understand that dedicated server is the most serious thing you have from the web hosting services and that is very very important to make right choice. Even for the business solution and you need to have the main services reviewed rackspace. hostingsource.com, hostgator.com allwebnow.com etc

Good luck with your research

Adam001
10-12-2009, 05:27 AM
You need to do the research for the reviews on the each dedicated sever provider.
I recommend you check the following providers:
Theplanet.com, neowebspace.com, rackspace.com, proaxxs.net and hostgator.com
I have met their revies recently and those 5 companies have good reviews

shakir
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree with serverpoint, for small businesses or medium also can go for shared hosting very cheap and good features now. Can see unlimited features for less amount

Mark Kate
09-29-2010, 02:50 AM
i also agree with server point

Dedicated Servers (http://www.ezzi.net/) | Virtual Private Server Hosting (http://www.ezzi.net/)

HostEase
11-24-2010, 06:17 AM
I think dedicated server resources will be too large to use fully when it is used for small business. That maybe a waste of money. As guys talked above,you could try the business shard hosting plan at first. As business gets bigger and popular ,shared hosting plan could be upgraded to other higher plans,alternatively you could changed it to dedicated server then.

James-A
11-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Indeed! It is useless to invest hundreds of dollars on Dedicated Server if your requirements are not much. Simply to start with the shared hosting and then upgrade :)

kimboy
05-24-2011, 12:41 AM
That could be shared web hosting as well. I said above. But you need to know what you are looking for in requirements. Or you will have dedicated server and pay for that in full and use 1% of it.

alexsaca
02-24-2012, 06:59 AM
I suggest you to go for simple shared web hosting. If you have a small business. It is a good dedicated server for you.