PDA

View Full Version : Which keywords should be targeted for e-commerce site?

JanyPunk
07-30-2016, 06:29 AM
I have a major doubt in my mind Which keywords should be targeted for an e-commerce site. Should I include the words like "buy" "online" in every keyword specially when keyword research is being done for an e-commerce website? Anyone has a better idea?

rocka
08-06-2016, 10:24 PM
You can seo for 2 kinds of keywords:
Information keywords
Product keywords

michanik
08-08-2016, 06:01 AM
You can seo for 2 kinds of keywords:
Information keywords
Product keywords

i think we can use more then 2 not sure??

sanjalisharma89
08-13-2016, 03:46 AM
In e-commerce keyword research you will be concerned about:

What are people searching for to find your products/services?
How the products are described on the website?
How people describe your products both online and offline?
How sales and marketing people describe and sell your products?
How people naturally link out to you (i.e. anchor text of the incoming links)?
How competitors describe their products?
Understanding searchers’ intent and capturing it in the early stage of the buying cycle.

anky
08-13-2016, 06:44 AM
You have not shared about your offered products.
You can search keywords based on how your user finding your website.
Which keywords give you more visits.
Target long tail keywords first, which have higher search volume and lower competition.
You can make choice using google keyword planner or any other keyword research tool.

seoexpert45678
08-16-2016, 02:57 AM
Many traditional keyword tool like Google Keyword Planner generally reports traffic only for fat head keywords (i.e. the keywords which seem to be getting high search volume). On top of that this tool’s search volume data is highly inaccurate.

Google is notorious for showing inflated search volume and this can be due to its vested interest to keep keywords competitive for possible high bidding by Adwords advertisers.

It also fails to report all those keywords which have low or very low search volume.

Every SEO campaign I have worked on gets majority of its organic search traffic through such low volume keywords (also known as the long tail keywords). Hitwise.com conducted a research on ‘long tail of search’ few years ago and came out with this fantastic results:

If you had a monopoly over the top 1,000 search terms across all search engines (which is impossible), you’d still be missing out on 89.4% of all search traffic.

There’s so much traffic in the tail it is hard to even comprehend. To illustrate, if search were represented by a tiny lizard with a one-inch head, the tail of that lizard would stretch for 221 miles.