PDA

View Full Version : What is Google Penguin?

Nekurokaze
10-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Sorry for this noobish question, I've heard that the newest update of google penguin really messed up SEO business. But what does it do exactly? I was only told that google penguin regulates the spammy stuffs but I suppose there is more to it.

cleaningservice
10-19-2016, 03:18 AM
Google launched the Penguin Update in April 2012 to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results, in particular those doing so by buying links or obtaining them through link networks designed primarily to boost Google rankings.

Bluesky94
11-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Google Penguin is a codename for a Google algorithm update that was first announced on April 24, 2012. The update is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google's Webmaster Guidelines by using now declared black-hat SEO techniques involved in increasing artificially the ranking of a webpage by manipulating the number of links pointing to the page. Such tactics are commonly described as link schemes. According to Google's John Mueller, Google has announced all updates to the Penguin filter to the public.